• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

New Yorker Magazine has just published an interview with film maker Eric Holder. Who states that towards the end of his filming as January 6 approached, Trump became utterly irrational. It was impossible to have a coherent conversation with Trump. Who would believe every lie Trump told.

In short, Trump is indeed mentally ill. Holder has been deposed by the January 6 committee, subpeoned by Georgia and maybe others. Holder has stated lately he has been collecting subpeonas.

Until Trump has been diagnosed by a licensed psychiatrist, that's hearsay.
Conclusions drawn from direct observation and recorded events are not "hearsay". That does not mean they are necessarily valid, but anyone can certainly conclude that someone has a mental illness or is mentally unbalanced.

So how exactly do they go about proving their observation is valid? To my knowledge when validation is missing, it's hearsay.
Hearsay is telling someone what you heard someone else say.

A movie maker saying Trump is mentally ill would be an unqualified diagnosis, not hearsay.

So as long as the January 6th Committee doesn't retell a statement that hasn't been validated it's not hearsay. I doubt they'd have any interest in helping Trump claim he's not competent to stand trial. All this mentally ill talk is counterproductive.

I’m honestly not certain that it matters if Trump is mentally ill or is suffering from some form of dementia, is merely acting like a lunatic or has severe deficiencies in his character or any possible combination of these (my vote is yes to all): he’s no longer president. Any mental illness dies not make him less responsible for his attempt to overthrow the government tand install himself as president for life.

I doubt they'd have any interest in helping Trump claim he's not competent to stand trial.
I doubt the Dolt would ever admit to his own incompetence to do ANYTHING.
He thinks he’s Nafuckingpoleon.

Raw Story is reporting stories of Trumps actions leading up to January 6 from secret service personel co-oberate Hutchinson's reports of Trump'ss actions. Demands to drive to the demonstration, making a lunge over the seat, throwing plates of food, etc. Expect more subpeonas. Not to only establish these as factual, but to establish Hutchinson's veracity and trustworthiness as a witness in face of defamatory attacks on Hutchinson.

While the details from those who heard the accounts differ, the Secret Service sources say they were told an angry confrontation did occur. And their accounts align with significant parts of Hutchinson's testimony, which has been attacked as hearsay by Trump and his allies who also have tried to discredit her overall testimony.

Like Hutchinson, one source, a longtime Secret Service employee, told CNN that the agents relaying the story described Trump as "demanding" and that the former President said something similar to: "I'm the f**king President of the United States, you can't tell me what to do." The source said he originally heard that kind of language was used shortly after the incident.

"He had sort of lunged forward -- it was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don't know," the source said. "Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat -- for what reason, nobody had any idea."

The employee said he'd heard about the incident multiple times as far back as February 2021 from other agents, including some who were part of the presidential protective detail during that time period but none of whom were involved in the incident.

The source added that agents often recounted stories of Trump's fits of anger, including the former President throwing and breaking things.

So shocking that this completely credible account has been corroborated.

I doubt an ass kicking would do him any good
I am just saying, it couldn’t hurt to try; I for one would certainly feel better if it were to be tried, and would happily volunteer to do it, if the line isn’t too long.

As a teenager, he was an incorrigible bully who kept getting into trouble at school. His father sent him to a military academy to straighten him out, and he was, of course, mercilessly hazed by upperclassmen. As soon as he stopped being on the receiving end, he joined the other bullies to pick on newbies. He enjoys bullying people and humiliating them. An ass kicking would teach him nothing, and he would just pick on others to make himself feel better.

The former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson received at least one message tacitly warning her not to cooperate with the House January 6 select committee from an associate of former chief of staff Mark Meadows, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The message in question was the second of two warnings the committee disclosed at the end of its explosive special hearing on Tuesday, when Hutchinson testified about matters including how Donald Trump directed a crowd he knew was armed to march on the Capitol, the sources said.

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition,” the message read. The redaction was “Meadows”, the sources said.

The message was presented in closing remarks at the special hearing by the committee vice-chair, Liz Cheney, who characterized the missive as improper pressure on a crucial witness that could constitute illegal witness tampering or intimidation.

While the details from those who heard the accounts differ, the Secret Service sources say they were told an angry confrontation did occur. And their accounts align with significant parts of Hutchinson's testimony, which has been attacked as hearsay by Trump and his allies who also have tried to discredit her overall testimony.

Like Hutchinson, one source, a longtime Secret Service employee, told CNN that the agents relaying the story described Trump as "demanding" and that the former President said something similar to: "I'm the f**king President of the United States, you can't tell me what to do." The source said he originally heard that kind of language was used shortly after the incident.

"He had sort of lunged forward -- it was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don't know," the source said. "Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat -- for what reason, nobody had any idea."

The employee said he'd heard about the incident multiple times as far back as February 2021 from other agents, including some who were part of the presidential protective detail during that time period but none of whom were involved in the incident.

The source added that agents often recounted stories of Trump's fits of anger, including the former President throwing and breaking things.

So shocking that this completely credible account has been corroborated.
Trump supporters: "That report was hearsay!"

Secret Service: "Yeah, we heard it, too, and it's not surprising."

Like I said, the committee would not have put her on the stand if they didn't have corroboration.

It's important to remember that the question isn't over whether Trump threw infantile temper tantrums. He has never stopped doing that. It is over where he intended to go after that rally and why they wouldn't let him.

I am just saying, it couldn’t hurt to try; I for one would certainly feel better if it were to be tried, and would happily volunteer to do it, if the line isn’t too long.

As a teenager, he was an incorrigible bully who kept getting into trouble at school. His father sent him to a military academy to straighten him out, and he was, of course, mercilessly hazed by upperclassmen. As soon as he stopped being on the receiving end, he joined the other bullies to pick on newbies. He enjoys bullying people and humiliating them. An ass kicking would teach him nothing, and he would just pick on others to make himself feel better.
Yeah, but kicking his arse would certainly make me feel better.

Really? Because I’m really certain that if you said boo to him without his cadre of armed body guards with him-or even with them standing there, he’d fall over in a faint. I would have said he’d turn and run but: Trump.

If you pointed and laughed at him, he’d burst into tears.

No ass kicking needed.

I think that Toni is right about that. Humiliation is the pain that he feels most acutely. That's why he insists that he won the popular vote in 2020 and that the Democrats stole the election from him.

So as long as the January 6th Committee doesn't retell a statement that hasn't been validated it's not hearsay. I doubt they'd have any interest in helping Trump claim he's not competent to stand trial. All this mentally ill talk is counterproductive.
I am not so sure about that. I think these hearings are mostly about exposing the utter corruptness and venality of the Mr. Trump for the record. It will make it harder for many Republicans to defend him as ardently or at all.

In addition, I strongly suspect most politicians do not want to see a former POTUS in prison because of the civil turmoil it will cause. Even though I think Mr. Trump is a traitor to the US who would deserve the harshest penalty if he were not the President, I understand their rationale. Moreover, if Mr. Trump were charged and his defense claimed he was not competent to stand trial, he would very likely become a spent force in US politics. Which I think is the Democrats ultimate goal - eliminate as much of Mr. Trump's remaining influence as possible. It is has the added bonus of humiliating that traitor as well.

Probably every part of your body but your foot.

if you said boo to him without his cadre of armed body guards with him-or even with them standing there, he’d fall over in a faint. I would have said he’d turn and run but: Trump.

If you pointed and laughed at him, he’d burst into tears.

No ass kicking needed.

Just make sure he’s not eating - you could get ketchup all over you.

I am not so sure about that. I think these hearings are mostly about exposing the utter corruptness and venality of the Mr. Trump for the record. It will make it harder for many Republicans to defend him as ardently or at all.

In addition, I strongly suspect most politicians do not want to see a former POTUS in prison because of the civil turmoil it will cause. Even though I think Mr. Trump is a traitor to the US who would deserve the harshest penalty if he were not the President, I understand their rationale. Moreover, if Mr. Trump were charged and his defense claimed he was not competent to stand trial, he would very likely become a spent force in US politics. Which I think is the Democrats ultimate goal - eliminate as much of Mr. Trump's remaining influence as possible. It is has the added bonus of humiliating that traitor as well.
Incompetence to stand trial doesn't let you go free. You still go to jail but it's a psych jail. See the link below for details.

Back
Top Bottom