• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Some U.S. Capitol rioters fired after internet detectives identify them

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some of the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol were fired from their jobs on Thursday after internet sleuths publicized their identities.

The District of Columbia police department released here photos of people in Wednesday's melee and potential charges against them. Some 68 people were arrested after angry protesters stormed the building, breaking windows, damaging fixtures and stealing furnishings.

The FBI also asked the public to help it identify rioters, a call that drew ribbing on social media in light of the prolific coverage of the event. This included selfies posted by participants and videos here of President Donald Trump's supporters at area hotels before the attack.

Some individuals here who had previously been photographed at Trump rallies and supporters of the QAnon conspiracy-theory movement were quickly identified. Online detectives focused their efforts on others.

"Let's name and shame them!," read one Twitter thread here devoted to outing participants.

Links in the article.

https://twitter.com/Gagladla/status/1347165155092799491

A quote that is making the rounds (no idea where it originated) is this:

"If the United States saw what the United States is doing to the United States, the United States would invade the United States to liberate the United States from the tyranny of the United States."

A quote that is making the rounds (no idea where it originated) is this:

"If the United States saw what the United States is doing to the United States, the United States would invade the United States to liberate the United States from the tyranny of the United States."

The Plague. Due to the pandemic, US government destabilizers had to work closer to home this year...

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

D03D97B0-8D26-449E-996B-C58B49AD7CDF.jpeg

You know I keep reading these denunciations of what happened and I’m just thinking where the fuck were you three days ago? Too fucking late is what I say. And it’s really not apologetic. Seriously. It’s like they’re German in 1945, saying you know, I condemn what happened, but let’s not forget that Hitler got us back to full employment. At least for awhile. And he really did do a good job of building up the military and making Germany strong again. At least for awhile. But I condemn the Holocaust thing. Just for the record. Invading Poland was perhaps a mistake.

HEY REPUBLICANS! GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

View attachment 31204

I try to avoid partisan schadenfreude.
But if a motion to remove Hawley were made, and he was prevented from participating until a vote was taken, and the vote never made it to the floor because the new Democrat Leader of the Senate Majority refused to hold it,

it would much resemble the issue with Merrick Garland. And leave the Senate Republicans with a 49-50 minority.

Tom

Last edited:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some of the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol were fired from their jobs on Thursday after internet sleuths publicized their identities.

The District of Columbia police department released here photos of people in Wednesday's melee and potential charges against them. Some 68 people were arrested after angry protesters stormed the building, breaking windows, damaging fixtures and stealing furnishings.

The FBI also asked the public to help it identify rioters, a call that drew ribbing on social media in light of the prolific coverage of the event. This included selfies posted by participants and videos here of President Donald Trump's supporters at area hotels before the attack.

Some individuals here who had previously been photographed at Trump rallies and supporters of the QAnon conspiracy-theory movement were quickly identified. Online detectives focused their efforts on others.

"Let's name and shame them!," read one Twitter thread here devoted to outing participants.

Links in the article.

The inevitable result of the police failing to do their job: vigilante justice. Not ideal.

Links in the article.

The inevitable result of the police failing to do their job: vigilante justice. Not ideal.

This^^^^^

Anybody who didn't realize that Trump was a loose cannon, randomly shooting his lawyers and ill-informed supporters at the foundations of the USA, really shouldn't be in a position of authority. That includes the D.C. police.
Tom

Admittedly, the chant is vague and obscure, but "Hang Mike Pence" could be easily mistaken as a threat.
article said:
Some of President Donald Trump's supporters apparently intended to kidnap Vice President Mike Pence and execute him if he didn't overturn their election loss.

The president's supporters stormed into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, as Pence presided over the congressional certification of Joe Biden's election win, and video captured some of them threatening to execute the vice president -- who Trump had singled out in a speech just minutes before they burst into the building.
"Hang Mike Pence, hang Mike Pence," the crowd chanted as alarms sounded after the mob broke into the Capitol.
Yes, there is video with audio.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Admittedly, the chant is vague and obscure, but "Hang Mike Pence" could be easily mistaken as a threat.
article said:
Some of President Donald Trump's supporters apparently intended to kidnap Vice President Mike Pence and execute him if he didn't overturn their election loss.

The president's supporters stormed into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, as Pence presided over the congressional certification of Joe Biden's election win, and video captured some of them threatening to execute the vice president -- who Trump had singled out in a speech just minutes before they burst into the building.
"Hang Mike Pence, hang Mike Pence," the crowd chanted as alarms sounded after the mob broke into the Capitol.
Yes, there is video with audio.
[FONT="][/FONT]

It's only 22 seconds. And it's pretty clear. Trump supporters trying to execute Trump's VP.
Tom

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PMBreakingNews/status/1346923156381065216?s=20[/TWEET]

Any politician who either made false claims of a "stolen election/fraud" or even just supported those who did is guilty of sedition and trying to destroy democracy, and are as immoral as those who criminally broke into the Capital building.

That includes, at minimum, Trump and all of the 11 GOP Senators and 150 Reps who were planning to object to the electoral vote based on proven lies. Using lies to try and destroy democratic rule may be harder to criminally prosecute than using violence, but it is no less traitorous or immoral.

Even every Republican who merely stayed silent but didn't denounce Trump are immoral scum without regard for democracy, who deliberately chose to put themselves ahead of their duty to protect the democratic process and the will of the people.

And BTW, the 7 Senators an 28 Reps who withdrew their objections after the terrorist attack, do not get any applause. In fact, by doing so they proved their objections in the first place were a deliberate lie without basis. If the the election were actually stolen and fraudulent, anyone who sincerely believed that would not have any motive to withdraw their objection just b/c some citizens took criminal actions in response to the supposed fraud. Only if you knew the elections was legit and democratic and your initial objections were charade, might you then feel compelled to drop the charade given the violence it was inciting.

All the objectors deliberately lied to destroy democratic rule, but those who withdrew their objection had a bout of guilt about inciting murderous violence, while those who continued to object have no problem inciting additional murderous violence.

And there better be hearings and they’d better be supported by Republicans.

More Americans died that day than at Benghazi. And nearly a thousand more died that day due to COVID.

And BTW, the 7 Senators an 28 Reps who withdrew their objections after the terrorist attack, do not get any applause. In fact, by doing so they proved their objections in the first place were a deliberate lie without basis.

Yep. It was all bad faith. Even the ones who still objected were still only doing it to pander to the base that they riled up.

If I thought those objectors could succeed in overturning the election, I would have gone there and did something violent myself. if I was in the neighborhood, it's kind of far for me. And if my bad knee wasn't acting up...

And there better be hearings and they’d better be supported by Republicans.

More Americans died that day than at Benghazi. And nearly a thousand more died that day due to COVID.

A fun project for people with more internetz than I have is this.

Following the prosecution of the people who invaded the Capitol. Post about it. See if Trump's gang get treated the way BLM supporters did. See if the Trumpistas who rioted in D.C. are prosecuted to the extent that BLM supporters in Minneapolis were. Etc Etc

Tom

Josh Hawley on Twitter: "My statement on the woke mob at @simonschuster (image link)" / Twitter
This could not be more Orwellian. Simon & Schuster is canceling my contract because l was representing my constituents, leading a debate on the Senate floor on voter integrity, which they have now decided to redefine as sedition. Let me be clear, this is not just a contract dispute. It's a direct assault on the First Amendment. Only approved speech can now be published. This is the Left looking to cancel everyone they don"t approve of. will fight this cancel culture with everything I have. We'll see you in court.
Katie Hill on Twitter: "Dude incites a mob and the death count keeps rising but he’s whining about a lost book deal." / Twitter
. . .
A real American patriot said:
Hi Josh. Sorry to hear about your failed book deal, but I doubt it cost you much moolah. Very few of your supporters have ever bought a book in their lives.

I'll make you an offer that will net you a lot more Benjamins than you'd have gotten for the book. Go on TV with a real human being — take your pick of AOC or Nancy Pelosi — and let her castrate your dick and both balls, and I'll pay whatever the price of your book would have been, just to watch. I think you'll get millions of other real American patriots also willing to pay to watch.

How about it? I don't think you'll miss your puny dick: your idea of sex is probably just to stick your tongue up Trump's butt-hole anyway.

zip ties guy capitol.jpg

I think people are all wrong about Win McNamee here. He and Via Getty didn't bring zip ties to bind hostages, there are very many legal uses for zip ties. They are very helpful items to keep at the ready. The question isn't why he was carrying zip ties, the questions is, why aren't you?

14 Zip Tie Hacks You'll Wish You Knew Earlier!

Back
Top Bottom