• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Capitol Police officer suspended after anti-Semitic document found at checkpoint - The Washington Post

U.S. Capitol Police suspended an officer Monday after a copy of an infamous antisemitic tract was found near a Capitol Hill security post Sunday, alarming a congressional aide who viewed the document in plain sight at the checkpoint.

Photographs provided to The Washington Post show a printed copy of the Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion on a table inside an entrance to the Longworth House Office Building.

That's just great, just great.

Well, it is hardly shocking. The police are infiltrated to the neck with racists and sociopaths.

I remember thinking that was hyperbole years ago.

Capitol Police officer suspended after anti-Semitic document found at checkpoint - The Washington Post

U.S. Capitol Police suspended an officer Monday after a copy of an infamous antisemitic tract was found near a Capitol Hill security post Sunday, alarming a congressional aide who viewed the document in plain sight at the checkpoint.

Photographs provided to The Washington Post show a printed copy of the Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion on a table inside an entrance to the Longworth House Office Building.

That's just great, just great.
He just confiscated it. ;)

Seriously, I bet that's going to be the story (if there is one).

So he simultaneously is saying that they were fake Trump supporters and they were people who loved their country and wouldn’t break any laws.

I guess if he covers all possible opinions he’s bound to be correct at some point.

A lot of them were grandma MAGAs who were waived in by the Capitol Police.

The FBI released some new footage today of those helpless grannies. Here's one.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAVtBnbpix8[/YOUTUBE]

Videos of Assaults on Officers at U.S. Capitol Released, FBI Seeking Suspects — FBI

You should watch the videos, Trausti, might recognize some buddies.

But apparently it's been moved to a Christian crowdfunding site and Christians are much more ethical.

https://givesendgo.com/bebrave

And oh dear is this guy a total fuckup.

Audio recording shows Pa. postal worker recanting ballot-tampering claim - WaPo

During the recorded interview, however, federal agents repeatedly reminded Hopkins that his cooperation was voluntary, and Hopkins agreed to sign a document stating that he was not coerced.

Asked by an agent whether he had legal representation, Hopkins said Project Veritas had a lawyer on retention “in case there’s anything that happens.” The agent told Hopkins that if he had a personal lawyer, “I would make whatever efforts possible to have that person here.” Hopkins said he didn’t have a lawyer.

Hopkins also repeatedly expressed regret for signing the initial affidavit because it overstated what he knew and witnessed, according to the recording.

And he made the recording himself for the scam Project Veritas and the idiots released it claiming it showed coercion.

In a not shocking development,

USPS: ‘No evidence’ in mail ballot fraud case cited by Republicans - The Washington Post

Though perhaps you might be surprised to learn that the grift continues to this day. Maybe not surprised, but appalled.

Hopkins has raised more than $236,000 on GiveSendGo, a Christian online fund-raising platform, in a campaign that falsely describes the nature of his claims. His crowdfunding page says the donations would be used to support him and his family while he is on unpaid leave.

O'Keefe in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February brought Hopkins onstage, along with former employees of Google, Facebook, CNN and Pinterest who have collaborated with Project Veritas, to a standing ovation and chants of "USA!" from attendees.

“I just couldn’t let it happen the way it was going down. It bothered me,” Hopkins said, at times overcome by emotion. “It at least needed to be known. Whether people believe me or not, I wanted you to know. And now you know.”

Good thing for us this coup was a Trump operation.

A coup attempt it was.

But like all Trump efforts corrupt and headed by incompetence.

In a not shocking development,

USPS: ‘No evidence’ in mail ballot fraud case cited by Republicans - The Washington Post

Though perhaps you might be surprised to learn that the grift continues to this day. Maybe not surprised, but appalled.

Hopkins has raised more than $236,000 on GiveSendGo, a Christian online fund-raising platform, in a campaign that falsely describes the nature of his claims. His crowdfunding page says the donations would be used to support him and his family while he is on unpaid leave.

O'Keefe in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February brought Hopkins onstage, along with former employees of Google, Facebook, CNN and Pinterest who have collaborated with Project Veritas, to a standing ovation and chants of "USA!" from attendees.

“I just couldn’t let it happen the way it was going down. It bothered me,” Hopkins said, at times overcome by emotion. “It at least needed to be known. Whether people believe me or not, I wanted you to know. And now you know.”
O'Keefe needs to be broadsided by a large chunk of rock ejected from an exploding volcano.

Anybody who thinks Trump didn't present everything he had is naive. Trump had unlimited resources to look into fraud. Many of his supporters looked into it. The claims were looked at.

And all legitimate claims were submitted to the courts.

ZERO.

A coup attempt it was.

Yeah, a real coup requires the cooperation of the courts. A violent coup like this was bound to fail, even though they succeeded in occupying the Capitol for a brief period of time. The problem is that they own the courts for a long time in the foreseeable future. The future coup is going to be through voter suppression efforts that the courts will uphold as eminently reasonable, more gerrymandering to keep Republican majorities in Congress or in state legislatures, and even outright fraud. The only way to combat it is to challenge them hard. Protests, voter organizing, and fundraising are the tools to fight them. That includes boycotting businesses that support these assholes.

A coup attempt it was.

Yeah, a real coup requires the cooperation of the courts. A violent coup like this was bound to fail, even though they succeeded in occupying the Capitol for a brief period of time. The problem is that they own the courts for a long time in the foreseeable future. The future coup is going to be through voter suppression efforts that the courts will uphold as eminently reasonable, more gerrymandering to keep Republican majorities in Congress or in state legislatures, and even outright fraud. The only way to combat it is to challenge them hard. Protests, voter organizing, and fundraising are the tools to fight them. That includes boycotting businesses that support these assholes.

Who knows what would have happened had that violent mob of traitors caught Pence?

They kill Pence and a few others then who knows?

Flynn was calling for martial law. His brother was in a position of power.

It was an attempted coup that only failed by a few minutes.

A well organized attack of the capitol that almost worked. A close call like so much of history.

A coup attempt it was.

2022 might be the last chance to kill this thing before it grows out of control. Even if Dems can hold the house and gain a couple of Senate seat - neither of which is a given, or even likely according to lots of people smarter than I - building a legislative firewall against Republican corruption would be a Herculean undertaking.

A coup attempt it was.

2022 might be the last chance to kill this thing before it grows out of control. Even if Dems can hold the house and gain a couple of Senate seat - neither of which is a given, or even likely according to lots of people smarter than I - building a legislative firewall against Republican corruption would be a Herculean undertaking.

It is highly unlikely that the Democrats will retain either house.

Promoting QAnon-linked Conspiracy, Boebert Says Resignations Will Soon Allow GOP to Control Congress
Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-CO-03
Congresswoman Lauren Boebert put a Q-flavored cherry atop an already controversial town hall last Monday night, when she claimed to have insider knowledge of a QAnon-linked conspiracy theory promoted by The Epoch Times that secret documents declassified in the final days of the Trump administration will expose wrongdoing by Trump’s enemies and lead to resignations and arrests, allowing Republicans to gain a majority in the U.S. House and Senate prior to the 2022 election.
Notes
Congresswoman Boebert Promotes QAnon Conspiracy: Predicts Resignations Based on Declassified Docs - YouTube
The NYT on The Epoch Times:
“The publication has been one of the most prominent promoters of “Spygate,” a baseless conspiracy theory involving claims that Obama administration officials illegally spied on Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign. Publications and shows linked to The Epoch Times have promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory and spread distorted claims about voter fraud…”
LB's full remarks:
“So we are seeing a lot of ugliness uncovered, a lot of corruption exposed. But I believe that we are going to start seeing gifts and callings of righteous men and women exposed to counter all of this. Gifts that have remained dormant on the inside of people are going to start rising up. People are going to start filling these positions that they never saw themselves in, doing their part to serve their country.

Now, I want to tell you, I heard someone who is in very close contact with President Trump and the ins and outs of the White House under that administration talk to the owners of Epoch Times. They talked to the owners of Epoch Times and they said: “don’t change anything. You are right over the target.”

So anyone who tries to tell you that this is a fringe newspaper/media don’t listen to them. I have very good sources to say this is really good information. Is it a hundred percent? I don’t know. But it’s really good information. And we all know that there was information that was declassified just a few days before President Trump left office. And I know someone who is involved in declassifying that. And this person is getting very tired of waiting on the DOJ to do something about it. And we will be hearing about it very, very soon. And this is my opinion with that information that I have, I believe we will see resignations begin to take place. And I think we can take back the majority in the House and the Senate before 2022 when all of this is ended.”
I'll believe it when I see it.

Reminds me of Trump's claims of finding "amazing" things in Hawaii over Obama's birth certificate. QAnon Veronica needs to step up her game.

It is highly unlikely that the Democrats will retain either house.

If they can't stop the Republican Cheat Machine, there's very little chance.

Democrat introduces resolution to expel Greene | TheHill
Rep. Jimmy Gomez (D-Calif.) on Friday formally introduced a resolution to expel Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) from Congress over her past indications of support for violence against prominent Democrats.

"I believe some of my Republican colleagues, and one in particular, wish harm upon this legislative body. And I'm not saying this for shock value. It's the conclusion I drew after a member of Congress advocated violence against our peers, the Speaker and our government," Gomez said on the House floor.

"I take no joy in introducing this resolution," Gomez continued. "But any member who incites political violence and threatens our lives must be expelled. And I'll do everything I can in my power to protect our democracy and keep all my colleagues safe."
MTG:
"There is nothing more threatening to Democrats than strong Republican Women!" Greene said in a statement on Friday. "Democrats are trying [to] overturn the will of the People who voted for both myself and Congresswoman Miller-Meeks. House Democrats have declared war on House Republican Women!"

The resolution itself: H.Res.260 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): In the Matter of Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
It has 72 cosponsors, all original. Most of the "Squad" has joined in.

The full text of the resolution:
In the Matter of Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Resolved, That pursuant to article I, section 5, clause 2 of the United States Constitution, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, be, and she hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives.
No further details.

I've found  List of United States representatives expelled, censured, or reprimanded and  List of United States senators expelled or censured

Only 5 Reps have been expelled over the House's history. The first three were expelled in 1861, for supporting the Confederacy in the Civil War. The other two: Michael J "Ozzie" Myers in 1980 for taking Abscam bribes and James Traficant in 2002 for "Convicted on ten counts including bribery, conspiracy to defraud the United States, corruption, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, and racketeering."

A few more Senators have been expelled: 15 of them. The first one, William Blount, was expelled in 1797, for "Treason and conspiracy to incite the Creek and Cherokee Indians to assist Great Britain in invading Spanish Florida." The other 14 were expelled in 1861 and 1862 for supporting the Confederacy in the Civil War.

She has a point.

She WAS elected.

Beyond that she is crazy and a liar.

She fits right in. She is where she belongs. The crazy Republican party still worshiping Trump.

Back
Top Bottom