• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

One of the GOP demands about the hearings on Jan 6 Insurrection is that the Committee also investigate some unrelated BLM protests the year before. (Did the D's push to investigate Dick Cheney's lies in the Benghazi hearings?)

The absurdity is astounding. Yet tens of millions of Americans fall for this crap. I am very pessimistic about the future of American democracy.

On POLICY, Liz Cheney is a hard-core right-winger, and Stefanik is far to her left.
But policy is IRRELEVANT to the modern GOP. Instead it's all about who has the stomach to embrace Hatred and Bullshit.

Adam Kinzinger on Twitter: "Today, I was asked to serve on the bipartisan January 6th Select Committee and I humbly accepted. When duty calls, I will always answer. (links)" / Twitter

Kinzinger on January 6th Commission: When Duty Calls, I Will Answer | U.S. House of Representatives
“For months, we have searched for answers and what process we should use to get them. For months, lies and conspiracy theories have been spread, threatening our self-governance. For months, I have said that the American people deserve transparency and truth on how and why thousands showed up to attack our democracy, and ultimately, what led to the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol Complex on January 6, 2021.

“Self-governance requires accountability and responsibility. My faith requires the same of me, truth is necessary for order, and that’s what I will do. Let me be clear, I’m a Republican dedicated to conservative values, but I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution—and while this is not the position I expected to be in or sought out, when duty calls, I will always answer.

“This moment requires a serious, clear-eyed, non-partisan approach. We are duty-bound to conduct a full investigation on the worst attack on the Capitol since 1814 and to make sure it can never happen again.

“Today, I was asked by the Speaker to serve on the House Select Committee to Investigate January 6th and I humbly accepted. I will work diligently to ensure we get to the truth and hold those responsible for the attack fully accountable.”
NP may appoint more Republicans for the panel.

Pelosi Says She Plans To Tap Kinzinger And Other Republicans For Jan. 6 Select Committee

Pelosi appoints Republican Rep. Kinzinger to Jan. 6 committee

The trouble I have with this commission is that we don't need a commission to review it. It was all broadcasted on television. We have a handful of Republicans that helped propagate a lie created by the President about the theft of an election. This is all in the public record.

The President et al held rallies, most notably one in DC the day of EC counting. The President rallied that action needed to be taken. He still says VP Pence failed him by not hijacking the EC.

Shit got so bad, social media banned the President during the riot, because Trump was still inciting it... while a Representative was tweeting the whereabouts of Speaker Pelosi.

We don't need a commission for this. We needed to expel each of the Representatives for their involvement in the riot. That a commission is "needed" indicates our democracy is just about dead.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that we need to know about, stuff like what was going on in the hierarchies of command of the Capitol Police and the National Guard and the White House. This commission's subpoena power could be most helpful, especially if it succeeds in submitting behind-the-scenes records of what was going on.

Remember also the cloud cuckoo scenario that the right wants us to accept about the criminal rampage -- Trump calling it "a loving crowd", Sen. Ron Johnson calling it a crowd of "people that love this country, truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break a law." And on and on.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that we need to know about, stuff like what was going on in the hierarchies of command of the Capitol Police and the National Guard and the White House. This commission's subpoena power could be most helpful, especially if it succeeds in submitting behind-the-scenes records of what was going on.

Exactly. We know what happened on the surface, the only issue is identifying all the traitors. We need to dig into what happened behind the scenes. The frontline people were idiots, it's the puppetmasters we really need to root out.

Exactly. We know what happened on the surface, the only issue is identifying all the traitors. We need to dig into what happened behind the scenes. The frontline people were idiots, it's the puppetmasters we really need to root out.
Yeah. Except we need to take down the GOP House members that were involved. That isn't going to happen. Nothing is going to happen. A US President caused a riot and he very likely will be the nominee for the party in 2024, because nothing is going to happen.

Yeah. Except we need to take down the GOP House members that were involved. That isn't going to happen. Nothing is going to happen. A US President caused a riot and he very likely will be the nominee for the party in 2024, because nothing is going to happen.

Maybe look at it from a different angle. If there is no investigation, not even a token amount of pushback the next time a Republican candidate loses they're going to dial up the insurrectionist rhetoric up to 11.

And if the democrats have half a fucking brain the mid-term election ads can pretty much write themselves.

Maybe look at it from a different angle. If there is no investigation, not even a token amount of pushback the next time a Republican candidate loses they're going to dial up the insurrectionist rhetoric up to 11.

And if the democrats have half a fucking brain the mid-term election ads can pretty much write themselves.
Do they? The Dems lost seats in 2020. After the GOP suckfest, they lost seats. The Dems only can win in huge landslides due to the gerrymandering. We've got a glass ceiling. McConnell stole a seat on the SCOTUS bench, but no outrage.

Our democracy is on life support and the next GOP takeover of the house could be the end of it. And there is nothing that can be done. Anything the Dems do with an investigation will be ignored by the masses. Trump incited a riot, the GOP blocked all sorts of efforts to deal with it, and America didn't give a fuck. The only thing that gets the Dems seats in 2022 is the economy, and the GOP is doing everything in their power to keep the economy tied down.

What saddens me are reports that some Capitol Police, Secret Service, and etc. were pro-Trump and pro-Insurrection.

Then again, what can we expect? Remember that if only white votes were counted, Trump and the GOP would win every election in a landslide. (The Capitol policeman who's being called a hero was a black man.)

Then again, what can we expect? Remember that if only white votes were counted, Trump and the GOP would win every election in a landslide. (The Capitol policeman who's being called a hero was a black man.)
It's funny, Conservative White America thinks teaching about the Civil War will make white kids unfairly ashamed of their race. But the only thing that ever actually gives me that feeling is them.

https://www.rawstory.com/mo-brooks-lawsuit-2654029865/

Via Politico's Kyle Cheney, the General Counsel's Office said that it would not represent Brooks because the lawsuit filed by Swalwell "does not challenge any institutional action of the House or any of its component entities."
Brooks spoke at the "Stop the Steal" rally that occurred before the Capitol riots and asked the crowd if they were willing to "sacrifice their blood" to keep former President Donald Trump in the White House.

And a hearty Bwahahaha! Brooks wants to run for the Senate.

You're not disagreeing with me. Nothing says there can't be puppetmasters in the House.

Officer Fanone shares a voicemail he received while he was testifying in congress.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Holy shit!<br><br>Michael Fanone shared with CNN a deranged voice mail that he received during his testimony today.<br><br>"You’re a punk f*ggot, you’re a lying fuck! ... too bad they didn’t beat the shit out of you more. You’re a piece of shit!"<br><br>This is demented and despicable! <a href="https://t.co/Pb7mDpnAps">pic.twitter.com/Pb7mDpnAps</a></p>— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) <a href="https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1420211594794049536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Lovely people, ain't they.

Then Tucker Klansman gets into the act.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anyway, very cool and good that Tucker Carlson was just openly mocking Michael Fanone's PTSD from being beaten to near-death.<a href="https://t.co/tckjY0BC2t">https://t.co/tckjY0BC2t</a></p>— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) <a href="https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1420214161779400704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

BTW, WTF are the Cyber Ninjas doing? Are they still holed up with bushel baskets of Arizona ballots? Can you imagine the bellowing that would go on, from Donald on down, if this was a liberal group hunkered down with ballots?

One of the GOP demands about the hearings on Jan 6 Insurrection is that the Committee also investigate some unrelated BLM protests the year before. (Did the D's push to investigate Dick Cheney's lies in the Benghazi hearings?)

The absurdity is astounding. Yet tens of millions of Americans fall for this crap. I am very pessimistic about the future of American democracy.

On POLICY, Liz Cheney is a hard-core right-winger, and Stefanik is far to her left.
But policy is IRRELEVANT to the modern GOP. Instead it's all about who has the stomach to embrace Hatred and Bullshit.

Hatred and Bullshit--Is that another moniker for Don the Con Trump?

BTW, WTF are the Cyber Ninjas doing? Are they still holed up with bushel baskets of Arizona ballots? Can you imagine the bellowing that would go on, from Donald on down, if this was a liberal group hunkered down with ballots?
From what I've read, even GOP'ers that supported this fake audit are now turning on it. The effort continues becoming more and more behind closed doors even to Republicans. The good news is they came up with a new conspiracy theory about routers. Whether they know what a router is, is currently unknown.

Back
Top Bottom