• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

"The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."

Go home, Rudy. You're drunk.
Are we not above indulging in egregious quote mining?

Here is Giuliani's tweet in full:

giuliani.jpg
How can she not be present at an event that didn’t happen? He said she wasn’t there when he did something. Then he adds he didn’t do that something.

There is a reason he deleted the tweet.

Someone will correct me on this point if it's incorrect: Isn't it the case that Giuliani has been issued subpoena to appear and has refused? and some others also? If the witness refuses to appear to testify we can only assume they're hiding something, and if they're contradicted by a witness who has testified, then the latter has more credibility.

But what about someone contradicting the Committee's witness and who is willing to testify under oath -- who should we believe? The 2 Secret Service agents in the car have reportedly contradicted Hutchinson and are willing to testify. So, why is the Committee failing to issue subpoenas to them?

When will they quit dragging their feet and do the right thing?

"The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."

giuliani.jpg
How can she not be present at an event that didn’t happen? He said she wasn’t there when he did something. Then he adds he didn’t do that something.

You mean the event where Giuliani alleged he said he did not want or need a pardon?

Not that it matters either way. ZiprHead indulged in egregious quote mining. Ron Filipkowski was honest enough to display the tweet in full.

giuliani.jpg

You mean the event where Giuliani alleged he said he did not want or need a pardon?

Not that it matters either way. ZiprHead indulged in egregious quote mining. Ron Filipkowski was honest enough to display the tweet in full.
He said, unsolicited, that she wasn’t there when he did something.

He followed that up, like a 6 yr old trying to cover an over-disclosure, by saying oh and I didn’t do that.

A drunk insurrectionist posting a Freudian Slip on Twitter. Fucking moron.

giuliani.jpg

He followed that up, like a 6 yr old trying to cover an over-disclosure, by saying oh and I didn’t do that.

Say what you like; ZiprHead indulged in egregious quote mining.

Something tells me that's not the original tweet. I checked some articles on that tweet and I'm finding broken links on multiple websites. I could be wrong though but it is possible Guliani deleted and then rewrote the tweet to include the last part.

Edit: Never mind not enough sites have that error. Just two. so it's highly likely the original tweet.

Something tells me that's not the original tweet. I checked some articles on that tweet and I'm finding broken links on multiple websites. I could be wrong though but it is possible Guliani deleted and then rewrote the tweet to include the last part.

Edit: Never mind not enough sites have that error. Just two. so it's highly likely the original tweet.
And like, he was typing this out and said "she was not there when I did the thing that I didn't do", clearly recognizing that his prior statement makes it look like he was saying he was in such a meeting.

And he couldn't just... Delete the part where he facially contradicts himself before posting it. Instead of the <- button, he used a whole bunch of different buttons and made himself look MORE like a fucking idiot.

One wonders. Do secret service agents wear body cameras?
I doubt it, but they've probably got some pretty nifty surveillance technology at their disposal.

That aside, in addition to what I said earlier about the committee being methodical (they bring the receipts), they've also done something which may or may not have been intentional. I watched a clip of "Morning Joe" just now talking about Hannity railing against the Hutchinson testimony. Fox was the network that didn't want to air the first day of hearings...so that their viewers would say "committee? Didn't watch it." Now their opinion hosts can't wait to chime in, and bring on guests to talk about the hearings. So now - assuming the committee brought the receipts for the Hutchinson testimony - Fox may have to issue some stern denials/retractions/screaming when the rest of it comes out.

Never mind cable and Faux Noise. NBC had the hearings live and 21 million viewers. I don't know how many million more watched the hearings on ABC, CBS, NPR etc. Congress will have returned by July 14 and more hearings are scheduled. The evidence is mounting and the denials and gas lighting will soon be futile. That said, out there in darkest America it is likely more Americans watched WWE wrestling than the hearings.

No, that isn't a quote mine. Especially in the context of the entire tweet. The second portion does not help Giuliani clear the claim he made initially... without any solicitation.

Seems to me that anyone who knew that Trump was both aware that his insurrectionists were armed, and that he wanted to lead their assault on the Capitol, yet failed to speak up, should be arrested immediately for complicity in an armed coup attempt.
Why isn’t this done? Probably because of the likelihood that all such people would lie their faces off, leaving no witnesses to testify to his intent.

giuliani.jpg

On its face, the tweet looks like it can be interpreted as he asked for one but then later changed his mind. :ROFLMAO:

I have no love for Giuliani, but Hanlon’s Razor tells me that he’s merely bad at expressing himself.

He says “…she was never present when I asked for a pardon”, but what he was trying to say was “…I never asked for a pardon in her presence”; He then goes on to say that he explicitly said he didn’t want or need one.

That may well be a lie, but it’s not an obvious and infantile piece of self-contradiction.

Of course, it does leave open the bigger can of worms, that is Trump handing out pardons like candy - clearly the act of a president who expected his administration to need them.

I have no love for Giuliani, but Hanlon’s Razor tells me that he’s merely bad at expressing himself.

He says “…she was never present when I asked for a pardon”, but what he was trying to say was “…I never asked for a pardon in her presence”; He then goes on to say that he explicitly said he didn’t want or need one.

That may well be a lie, but it’s not an obvious and infantile piece of self-contradiction.

Of course, it does leave open the bigger can of worms, that is Trump handing out pardons like candy - clearly the act of a president who expected his administration to need them.
That is a viable argument. Tweeting while drunk makes such things possible. BUT... here is the important thing, what did Giuliani say? He doesn't say "I never asked Trump for a pardon." Instead he says:

"I told the President I did not want or need one."

Wait what? Why in the heck are pardons even a topic then, if you didn't need or want one?

Trump: Need another Diet Coke here!
Giuliani: I do not want or need a pardon.
Trump: Wha?
Giuliani: You know, I just don't need one.
Trump: Where's my diet coke?!

or

Trump: Okay, now things could get kind of crappy if the murdering gets out of hand. Who wants a pardon?
Trump: Seriously? We are committing sedition bigly here. Gonna break all sorts of laws.
Giuliani: I'll be fine.
Trump: Gaetz wants five, one for his uh... what is Nestor again?
Giuliani: I'm a lawyer, I know what I'm going.

And like, he was typing this out and said "she was not there when I did the thing that I didn't do", clearly recognizing that his prior statement makes it look like he was saying he was in such a meeting.

And he couldn't just... Delete the part where he facially contradicts himself before posting it. Instead of the <- button, he used a whole bunch of different buttons and made himself look MORE like a fucking idiot.

She did not say she was there when Guiliana said anything. But she knew a lot of people were contacting her boss Meadows to inquire about being put on a possible pardon list. Guiliana is setting up a big, fat straw man.

That is a viable argument. Tweeting while drunk makes such things possible. BUT... here is the important thing, what did Giuliani say? He doesn't say "I never asked Trump for a pardon." Instead he says:

"I told the President I did not want or need one."

Wait what? Why in the heck are pardons even a topic then, if you didn't need or want one?

Trump: Need another Diet Coke here!
Trump: Wha?
Giuliani: You know, I just don't need one.
Trump: Where's my diet coke?!

or

Trump: Okay, now things could get kind of crappy if the murdering gets out of hand. Who wants a pardon?
Trump: Seriously? We are committing sedition bigly here. Gonna break all sorts of laws.
Giuliani: I'll be fine.
Trump: Gaetz wants five, one for his uh... what is Nestor again?
Giuliani: I'm a lawyer, I know what I'm going.
I am seeing it more like:

Senior Administration Official: Sir, I may need a presidential pardon from you, because if I get dragged into court, I might be forced to say things that will make you look bad.

Trump: Shit, if the people in my administration get dragged into court, they might say stuff that makes me look bad. Pardons for EVERYONE!!

Giuliani: I neither want nor need a pardon

Someone will correct me on this point if it's incorrect: Isn't it the case that Giuliani has been issued subpoena to appear and has refused? and some others also? If the witness refuses to appear to testify we can only assume they're hiding something, and if they're contradicted by a witness who has testified, then the latter has more credibility.

But what about someone contradicting the Committee's witness and who is willing to testify under oath -- who should we believe? The 2 Secret Service agents in the car have reportedly contradicted Hutchinson and are willing to testify. So, why is the Committee failing to issue subpoenas to them?

When will they quit dragging their feet and do the right thing?
You have a convoluted way of saying you don't like what the hearings are revealing and as such dismiss anything that counters your world view out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom