• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

June Election UK. Which Party do you think should win the election

Which party do you think should win the election

• Total voters
Yes, you are. But that tin-foil headgear looks very fetching.
Even if the Tories had 335 that would be an embarrassment worthy of resigning. And with resigning dies the promise "Brexit means Brexit".
We can certainly hope so. But that remains to be seen - first let's see who the new PM is.

The DUP are rabidly protestant, and are unlikely to be good at compromising - a necessary skill for a junior coalition partner.

There will be another election soon.

What was her Brexit position way back?

Folks,

An excellent result. :) Britain is back to normal, thank the Lord. UKIP gone, Nick Clegg gone, SNP won't get another independence vote, and the Tories will have to be propped up by the UU who are anti - brexit!

Alex.

Back to normal? Banks going bust, record homelessness, unemployment guised as 'zero contracts or concealed with millions of part time jobs, increasing security concerns and mass migration with less houses to put them in rising unchecked. There is one change. We may get some kinds of coalition(s) between the Tories and Unionist factions. The Liberals was share the same quality of ineptitude as the other parties are now wise not to go into coalition.

However, Corbyn's a likeable chap.

Folks,

An excellent result. :) Britain is back to normal, thank the Lord. UKIP gone, Nick Clegg gone, SNP won't get another independence vote, and the Tories will have to be propped up by the UU who are anti - brexit!

Alex.

The UU? They didn't win a seat.

It's the DUP who will be propping up the Tories. They are pro-Brexit. And batshit insane in lots of other ways too.

Yes, you are. But that tin-foil headgear looks very fetching. We can certainly hope so. But that remains to be seen - first let's see who the new PM is.

The DUP are rabidly protestant, and are unlikely to be good at compromising - a necessary skill for a junior coalition partner.

There will be another election soon.

May was a remainer, then a leaver, and now an irrelevance - she has stated her intention to remain as Conservative leader in the name of 'stability', but I rather think that her party will have other ideas, after this latest disaster.

May was a remainer, then a leaver, and now an irrelevance - she has stated her intention to remain as Conservative leader in the name of 'stability', but I rather think that her party will have other ideas, after this latest disaster.

As leader she managed to become Tory leader in the name of instability. Whether she has a majority or a minority, she won't get anything done; nor will the other mob.

Folks,

Alex.

It's the DUP who will be propping up the Tories. They are pro-Brexit. And batshit insane in lots of other ways too.

bil,

I came back to edit/correct my post, but you have already done that for me. :encouragement:

Alex.

bil,

I came back to edit/correct my post, but you have already done that for me. :encouragement:

Alex.

I sincerely wish you had been right the first time.

The increasing (re)polarisation of Northern Ireland, as indicated by the DUP and Sinn Fein sweeping the board in the six counties, can't be good for anyone.

Does that necessarily mean new Prime Minister?

Not necessarily. But it would surprise me if the Conservative Party were to keep May as leader, even if they are able to form a government. If they can't get the DUP (or less likely given recent history), the Lib Dems, to play along, then Corbyn could have a crack at forming a minority government.

Either way, it would only take a minor backbench dispute, or a couple of by-elections, and the new government would collapse.

Another election is practically inevitable within a few months, IMO.

Jezza! Jezza! Jezza! Jezza!

Ree. Zult.

This stops decades of the centre ground drifting rightward.

I personally hope there isn't another GE just yet. Let the Tories own a messy and painful Brexit.

Speaking of Tories, this should shut the feckin Blairites up.

Ree. Zult.

I personally hope there isn't another GE just yet. Let the Tories own a messy and painful Brexit.

Absolutely right. I think that it was Murdoch, the Sun and the Mail that did for the tories - their hysterical lies about Mr Corbyn made the whole gang look like liars when the voters met this calm, balanced elderly man and suddenly realised how they were always being lied to.

Ree. Zult.

Absolutely right. I think that it was Murdoch, the Sun and the Mail that did for the tories - their hysterical lies about Mr Corbyn made the whole gang look like liars when the voters met this calm, balanced elderly man and suddenly realised how they were always being lied to.

IMG_2547.JPG

It trades with them when there is advantage in so doing, usually imposing large tariffs to ensure that its own members all benefit. You think they are going to offer the UK prizes to encourage others to leave? Think on!

There are other markets of course and since the UK buys more from the EU than it sells to it, there would logically be sense. Don't worry however, if Teresa May wins the election and is in power for 8 years, she won't do much if anything and it will be as if we are in the EU
It buys things from particular countries, whereas all are disadvantaged by letting it get away with anything.

She took a dive or her campaign was run by Anti-Brexit shills wanting a poor performance. Why that manifesto?

If she improved Tory seats and then did not go through with Brexit that would be a bigger scandal then what just happened.

She took a dive or her campaign was run by Anti-Brexit shills wanting a poor performance. Why that manifesto?

If she improved Tory seats and then did not go through with Brexit that would be a bigger scandal then what just happened.

The referendum took place a year ago and she did virtually nothing. This gave anti-Brexiteers a chance to raise a court case but even without this, she would have done nothing, just like when she was Home Secretary for 8 years and lost control over spiralling immigration which in turn coupled with minimal house construction has lead huge housing shortages.

Back
Top Bottom