• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jussie Smollet - Horrible Hate Crime or Horrible Case of TDS?

It was obvious that this was a sketchy story from the very beginning. No one should have invested too much time with it, including trying to make it into a case that is representative of others, investigating it, blogging about it, tweeting, news media coverage, etc. Guy is looking for attention and he is getting it. 'Nuff said.

Right wing animal brains can't get enough of it.

View attachment 20265

Is the incident with Zachary Greenberg at Berkeley an example of one of the real ones?

Yes, Jason. Now you can rest easy knowing your fantasies have all come true. Sweet dreams. :rolleyes:

I often wonder how hate crimes are assessed and how many slip through the cracks because the information is sped through the system?

Here to you.

Woman arrested for pepper-spraying 7 people in possible bias attack: cops

A transgender woman with dozens of prior arrests is in custody for a two-day, two-borough binge of pepper-spray ambushes on 11 unsuspecting strangers, allegedly fueled by anti-white bias, cops said Sunday.

Thomas Heard — whom a police source said identifies as a woman, and neighbors said sometimes goes by “Tasha” — kicked off her latest alleged attack by approaching a couple outside her Bronx apartment building Saturday and demanding to know the woman’s race, cops said.

“Are you white?” Heard, who is black, allegedly barked at the 23-year-old woman, before kicking her and threatening her with a sharp object, and dousing her 30-year-old boyfriend with pepper spray, cops said.

So problematic when they start so young.

Two 12-Year-Olds Drew Swastikas on a Playground. Is That a Hate Crime?

At some point during the winter break last month, someone covered the playground of a public school in the Rego Park section of Queens with swastikas and other anti-Semitic sentiments. Either poor spellers or unfamiliar with the exact phrasing of the Nazi salute, whoever was responsible inscribed the words “Hail Hiter” on the ground in chalk.

Several days later, two boys were arrested and charged with aggravated harassment. They came from the neighborhood, one that has long been predominantly white and Jewish but grown more diverse in recent years with an influx of Asian immigrants.

After the initial arrest, the Police Department’s chief of detectives, Dermot Shea, quickly took to Twitter to commend the “great job” accomplished by his colleagues in the hate-crimes unit he oversees and to say that “no matter the face of hate,” New York will exhibit “ZERO tolerance” for it.

In this case the face of hate was the face of two children of color — one black, the other Asian — who were 12 years old.

From FBI.gov:

The number of hate crime incidents reported to the FBI increased about 17 percent in 2017 compared with the previous year, according to the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program’s annual Hate Crime Statistics report, released today.

And the DOJ:

Reported yearly, the 2017 data, submitted by 16,149 law enforcement agencies (up 5.9% from 15,254 agencies in 2016), provide information about the offenses, victims, and locations of hate crimes. Of these agencies, 2,040 reported 7,175 hate crime incidents involving 8,437 offenses.
DOJ: Hate Crimes examples:

Below is a selection of representative federal hate crimes case summaries. Each includes a link to a DOJ press release, with additional information [links omitted so click on above to access]

Pennsylvania | January 29, 2019 | Religion
Pennsylvania Man Charged with Federal Hate Crimes for Tree Of Life Synagogue Shooting

Ohio | January 29, 2019 | Religion
Ohio Man Indicted for Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS and Attempting to Commit a Violent Hate Crime Attack Against a Toledo Synagogue

Kansas | January 25, 2019 | Religion, national origin
Three Kansas Men Sentenced to Prison for Plotting to Bomb Somali Immigrants in Garden City

Illinois | January 24, 2019 | Religion
Two Illinois Men Pleaded Guilty To Bombing Of Islamic Center

Kentucky | November 15, 2018 | Race, color, or national origin
Kroger Shooting Suspect Charged with Federal Hate Crimes and Firearm Offenses

Louisiana | October 18, 2018 | Race, color, or national origin
New Orleans Man Pleads Guilty to Hate Crime in Shooting of Three African-American Men Attempting to Evacuate After Hurricane Katrina

Texas | October 17, 2018 | Religion
Texas Man Sentenced to 24 Years for Hate Crime in Burning Down Mosque in Victoria, Texas

Iowa | October 6, 2018 | Gender identity
Man Convicted of First-Degree Murder for Joint Kidnapping, Torture, and Execution of Gender-Fluid Teen

Florida | September 6, 2018 | Religion
Miami Man Sentenced to Prison and Fined for Hate Crime by Threatening to Blow up Mosque

Kansas | August 7, 2018 | Race, color, religion, national origin
Kansas Man Sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole for Racially Motivated Shooting

Louisiana | July 26, 2018 | Disability
Amite Residents Charged for Abusing Family Member with Disabilities

Virginia | June 27, 2018 | Race
August 2017 Charlottesville Rally Participant Charged with Hate Crimes

Texas | April 30, 2018 | Sexual orientation
Four Texas Men Sentenced to Lengthy Prison Terms for Assaults Based on Victim’s Sexual Orientation

California | April 5, 2018 | Race
Three Los Angeles Men Involved in Firebombing of African-American Residences Plead Guilty to Hate Crime Charges

District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia | February 28, 2018 | Religion
Israeli-American Dual Citizen Indicted in Three Jurisdictions for Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes

California | April 10, 2017 | Race, color, national origin
Bakersfield Man Sentenced to 15 Years in Prison for Intimidating Latino Family with Slurs and Firearm

I wonder where the outrage about Jacob Wohl faking death threats against himsel? I wonder if he will face any charges?

Or maybe he’s just too insignificant to matter....,

Is he Jussie's half brother?

All charges dropped by prosecution.

As the world continues to spiral into a sense of chaos, Jussie Smollet, man who alleged being attacked... and then charged for actually staging his "attack"... has all charges against him dropped.
lawyer said:
He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.

According to the prosecutors, accord to CNN.
Chicago Prosecutors said:
After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case.
There seems to be no justice like privileged justice. Now, we all know that he was never going to jail. But this ending seems quite a bit... too soft? Not even a lukewarm plea deal for additional community service?

Instead, his lawyer gets to make up BS about how Smollet was wronged. He wasn't wronged... he did the wrong... and apparently will face zero legal consequences for his actions. He still has the consequences from people knowing the actual truth.

I'm not a right-wing snowflake, but this really seems to fall short of actual justice.

I'm not a right-wing snowflake, but this really seems to fall short of actual justice.

I'm not sure but in the grand scheme of things I don't think pursuing Smollett through the courts would serve the people's best interests ? The justice would appear to be that his career and image is in tatters and he will have a difficult job ahead of him trying to rebuild it.

Smollett is lucky that a couple white guys who matched his stated descriptions were not arrested.

I'm not sure but in the grand scheme of things I don't think pursuing Smollett through the courts would serve the people's best interests?
Misdemeanor plea deal, he serves 50 or 100 hours community service. Done and done. Quick, no trial, we're good. He didn't merely lie about being attacked. He staged his own attack.
The justice would appear to be that his career and image is in tatters and he will have a difficult job ahead of him trying to rebuild it.
No he won't. It'll take a little time, but he'll find god or something and he'll be back.

I'm not sure but in the grand scheme of things I don't think pursuing Smollett through the courts would serve the people's best interests ? The justice would appear to be that his career and image is in tatters and he will have a difficult job ahead of him trying to rebuild it.

I think the impression that what he did was not worth punishment from the state is worse. He perpetrated a very expensive and very public fraud.

Worse, probably, because his intent was to inflame racial tensions.

I think the impression that what he did was not worth punishment from the state is worse. He perpetrated a very expensive and very public fraud.

No, his intent was to raise his moral profile and make more money. The means inflaming racial tensions was just a byproduct.

No, his intent was to raise his moral profile and make more money. The means inflaming racial tensions was just a byproduct.

I don't accept his supposed motive at face value, but also don't see how that, if true, makes it any better.

Chicago prosecutors are fucking useless! They are sending a message that it's ok for black people to fake hate crimes.
At the same time, these prosecutors are going full bore against police officers who shoot thugs. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe you guys are still crying about this.
Dindu Jussie Smollett should have been punished for the racist crime he committed. Or do you think racists faking hate crimes is only a problem when white people do it?

I would not be surprised if Empire hired him back, so I doubt his career will suffer much.

A lot of "woke" (aka racist) black people never stopped supporting him anyway. Just look at Root comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Smollett is lucky that a couple white guys who matched his stated descriptions were not arrested.

I doubt that would have made any difference to Kimberly Foxx, the corrupt, anti-police, racist Cook County DA.

- - - Updated - - -

There seems to be no justice like privileged justice.
So you finally acknowledge that black privilege exists?

I can't believe you guys are still crying about this.
The guy faked a hate crime as part of a publicity stunt to get paid more money for a television show. I don't want to go all Godwin... but I'm ready to make the Hitler comparison! ;)

But seriously, what he did was messed up, wasted a lot of police time, and got a bunch of people riled up... all for personal gain. That isn't cool and I don't think someone should be able to walk completely free from this based on pre-existing community service. He took from the community, he should owe something back.

Back
Top Bottom