• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kapaernick

Oh bullshit.

This NFL player has had more opportunity than 99 percent of the population. He is using his fame and his fortune as a lever to achieve even more than he already has.

Well, it's clear from the above that you've paid no attention to what any of the people taking a knee have actually said. - namely, they're doing it to call attention to the racial disparities that effect others (such as: Trayvon Martin, Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, John Crawford III...actually, I shouldn't even try to remember all of the names).

And as expected...

More than two dozen players on the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens knelt during the anthem. Many more, including Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Jaguars owner Shad Khan, locked arms with their players in a statement of support for their teams.

Khan’s participation in the statement is notable for several reasons; owners have historically sought to remain both literally and figuratively above what takes place on the field, especially when politics are concerned. But Khan donated $1 million to President Donald Trump’s campaign. He later criticized Trump’s February attempt at a ban of immigrants from Muslim countries.

I
All I can say is this: Yo, I make about 25K a year. I work my fucking ass off all fucking day. And here you are, a fucking millionaire, taking a kneel (how could you, you spoiled bastard), because the USA, comprised of millions of people of various backgrounds, happens to harbor a certain amount of the population who are racist, and who think black people are inferior? Well guess the fuck what, this country is founded on the idea that people can think whatever the fuck they want, as long as their thoughts DO NOT infringe on the rights of any other person. Guess what, Kapaernick, individuals have the right to think whatever the fuck they choose to think, and that INCLUDES people who think black people are inferior to white people. They are assholes, and any rational person knows that they are assholes, but in America, we tolerate the thoughts of assholes. DEAL WITH IT.
Do you get the irony of your last statement? According to you, Kapaernick is an asshole. But in America we tolerate the thoughts of assholes. So please take you own advice and simply deal with it.

And now, our President has stepped into it:
"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!”

The audience then chanted "USA!”

"You know, some owner's going to do that," Trump continued. "He's going to say, 'That guy who disrespects our flag, he's fired.'"

He encouraged fans to walk out of stadiums if they see a player taking a knee in protest.

Trump doubled down Saturday afternoon, tweeting: "If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL or other leagues, he or she should not be able to disrespect ... our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU'RE FIRED. Find something else to do!"
(https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/23/donald-trump-nfl-players-union/696109001/)
Ironically, the NFL owners gave about $7 million to Trump's campaign.

And as expected...

More than two dozen players on the Jacksonville Jaguars and Baltimore Ravens knelt during the anthem. Many more, including Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Jaguars owner Shad Khan, locked arms with their players in a statement of support for their teams.

Khan’s participation in the statement is notable for several reasons; owners have historically sought to remain both literally and figuratively above what takes place on the field, especially when politics are concerned. But Khan donated $1 million to President Donald Trump’s campaign. He later criticized Trump’s February attempt at a ban of immigrants from Muslim countries.

That's a lot of sons of bitches that are about to be fired.

I do not have the time to read through the entire thread. I did look through the first few posts.

Derec is right. Derec is correct.

All I can say is this: Yo, I make about 25K a year. I work my fucking ass off all fucking day. And here you are, a fucking millionaire, taking a kneel (how could you, you spoiled bastard), because the USA, comprised of millions of people of various backgrounds, happens to harbor a certain amount of the population who are racist, and who think black people are inferior? Well guess the fuck what, this country is founded on the idea that people can think whatever the fuck they want, as long as their thoughts DO NOT infringe on the rights of any other person. Guess what, Kapaernick, individuals have the right to think whatever the fuck they choose to think, and that INCLUDES people who think black people are inferior to white people. They are assholes, and any rational person knows that they are assholes, but in America, we tolerate the thoughts of assholes. DEAL WITH IT.

I say, go play in the Canadian league, where you won't make anywhere fucking near the money you are making playing in the NFL. And you know it, you hypocrite. Go play somewhere ELSE. In a few years, nobody will even remember who you are.

Stand the fuck up and appreciate what you have, where you are, and what breaks you've gotten. Stand the fuck up, or get the fuck out of this country.

And here lies the issue with those who hide behind free speech arguments. It's ok as long as they're the ones doing the free speaking.

And as expected...

A Pakistani Muslim supports an anti-American protest? Knock me over with a feather!

And btw, his name is actually Shahid Khan. "Shahid" means martyr and that's the word Islamists use to refer to dead terrorists.

Oh bullshit.

This NFL player has had more opportunity than 99 percent of the population. He is using his fame and his fortune as a lever to achieve even more than he already has.

Well, it's clear from the above that you've paid no attention to what any of the people taking a knee have actually said. - namely, they're doing it to call attention to the racial disparities that effect others (such as: Trayvon Martin, Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, John Crawford III...actually, I shouldn't even try to remember all of the names).
That is right, since the list goes back hundreds of years.

In what way? Have you ever been to an arena, saw a team score, and see 80,000 fans stand as one and scream in joy?
First of all, it is a blatant lie, and second, if it really was true, it is just one more glaring example of why the American experiment has failed so wretchedly.

In what way is it a lie? Tell me a greater unifier than sports? I think that maybe space exploration. The entire world watched the 69 landing on the moon. But we do this about 40 years or so! What else is there? You think that religion binds us? Science? What unifies people more than their local sports team?

Tell me a greater unifier than sports?

War, massive tragedies, and the Emmy's?

Hmmmm, I'd have to think about that. I'd agree that WW2 and probably the first few months of the Afgan war the country was pretty united. Were we really united during the Vietnam war? Korean war? Bush invasion of Iraq. But I don't think that war unifies people every time.

Massive tragedies? Sometimes it unifies people.

A Pakistani Muslim supports an anti-American protest? Knock me over with a feather!

And btw, his name is actually Shahid Khan. "Shahid" means martyr and that's the word Islamists use to refer to dead terrorists.

Wow, too bad 45 didn't know that before he accepted Khan's $1 million inauguration donation.

BTW, Derec, what prompted you to choose that name for yourself?

To me kneeling looks like you are showing MORE respect.

But if a man of color does it believe me white racists will be upset.

The black man to them is always supposed to just take what he gets and like it.

The black man to them has no valid opinions about social problems.

Oh bullshit.

This NFL player has had more opportunity than 99 percent of the population....

Yes, when you at the top you are supposed to help those below you. Not just bask in your greatness.

First of all, it is a blatant lie, and second, if it really was true, it is just one more glaring example of why the American experiment has failed so wretchedly.

In what way is it a lie?
Because most sports mainly teach division among different people. "Us vs. Them." Those "80,000 fans" are almost entirely cheering for their own home team. People were unified about the same way at their bitterly opposing campaign rallys across the primaries and general election. Besides, these trivial events add immensely to our already massive rift between the rich and the middle class.
Tell me a greater unifier than sports?
I would not know at the moment, but it should be on supposedly corny, yet honestly important things like peace on earth or ending racism.
You think that religion binds us?
Of course religion divides us much more than sports.

Back
Top Bottom