• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kim Davis - Kentucky's theocratic ruler

I find it amazing that Ben Carson was a neurosurgeon. He acts like he is dumb as a bag of rocks.

Kim and her entire family have become Republicans.

She feels that the Democratic Party has abandoned her.

You gotta wonder, how many people have to tell you 'you're wrong' before you are forced to start to wonder if just maybe, you might not be completely in the right?

Especially when, like, a conservative judge is the one who said she has to obey the law. What ar ethe Democrats supposed to have done, then?

You gotta wonder, how many people have to tell you 'you're wrong' before you are forced to start to wonder if just maybe, you might not be completely in the right?

Especially when, like, a conservative judge is the one who said she has to obey the law. What ar ethe Democrats supposed to have done, then?
She's probably at home right now watching "Song of the South."

Sounds to me that she is the one who moved to the Right when she became a religious nutjob. Democrats have not moved to the left they have only kept up with public opinion on the issue of gay marriage. The Repuglicans have moved far, far right. Politics is not like the relative movement of objects. She abandoned the Democrats, not the other way around.

Even some Republican candidates for President are saying she should obey the law.

Even some Republican candidates for President are saying she should obey the law.

That would seem to be the "safe" position for any candidate for any office.

It is very strange to watch the gyrations of our former "law and order" class, when laws change in ways they did not expect.

Southern Strategy finally finds the coal fields.

Back when I was a kid in eastern North Carolina the Democratic Party was for rednecks, hippies from UNC, and black people. Republicans were carpet bagging suits. The religions of the common man, the evangelical don't need no book learnin Baptist and charismatic sort were Democrat and the Republicans were stodgy Episcos and Presbies. All that really changed through my lifetime and all my redneck relatives back home are rebel flag flying god and gun Republicans.

Union fidelity in coal country is the only thing that has kept the hyper-racist religious fundamentalists of Appalachia from going Republican a long time ago.

The Pope backed up conscientious objectors in a vague reference to Davis...but probably doesn't support her 4 marriages.

God forgave you for being a hypocrite! You are fallen in god's eyes and nothing but a lump of sinful clay to him. Because you passed through some threshold, he'll look the other way, but still thinks you aren't worth jack.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help but wonder the reaction if a county clerk decided to use their position to impose Sharia law(s)

Oh wait, that's different...
Just as a minor side note, a devout Muslim bent on using their Government position to impose their religious worldview on the citizens they represent would have done the exact same thing as Kim Davis.

Back
Top Bottom