• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Larry Baer

Would we be having this conversation if it was two 25 year old guys? How many youtube hits would "bro takes other bro's phone and falls off chair trying to hold onto it when bro takes it back" get? How much effort would there be to cast the 25 year old phone grabbing bro as a victim?

I don't care if it was two men, or a woman assaulting a man, or any other configuration you dream up...

We have a video of one person sitting in a chair looking at a phone, and another person physically assaults & batters the person sitting in the chair. The person engaged in the physical assault is in the wrong.

In this specific case, it happens to be Larry Baer that was the aggressor and the person in the wrong.

Could easily have avoided this ugly scene if she had simply passed the phone over as requested. Why didn’t she just hand it over ? What’s her problem ?

Could easily have avoided this ugly scene if she had simply passed the phone over as requested. Why didn’t she just hand it over ? What’s her problem ?

To start with, she has an asshole for a husband.

I don’t know the guy at all but not returning his phone when asked is being an asshole.

I don’t know the guy at all but not returning his phone when asked is being an asshole.

Yep. Whatever you can think of to excuse aggressive, violent behavior of men.

Yes, he was aggressive and violent but I don’t understand why she didn’t return his phone when requested.

Yeah, that's the important thing here. We need to know why the non-violent asshole was an asshole, not why the violent asshole was violent. Priorities.

Yes, he was aggressive and violent but I don’t understand why she didn’t return his phone when requested.

Yeah, that's the important thing here. We need to know why the non-violent asshole was an asshole, not why the violent asshole was violent. Priorities.

It’s not important but the whole ugly scene could have been avoided if the asshole had returned the phone to the other asshole. What’s her problem?

Yep. Whatever you can think of to excuse aggressive, violent behavior of men.

I don't see that he was violent toward her at all. I suppose you can say he was aggressive about getting his phone back. He grabs his phone and pulls it toward himself. He directs none of his action at her. What happens to her is entirely a result of holding onto his phone, which she had no right to be doing.

Would we be having this conversation if it was two 25 year old guys? How many youtube hits would "bro takes other bro's phone and falls off chair trying to hold onto it when bro takes it back" get? How much effort would there be to cast the 25 year old phone grabbing bro as a victim?

I don't care if it was two men, or a woman assaulting a man, or any other configuration you dream up...

We have a video of one person sitting in a chair looking at a phone, and another person physically assaults & batters the person sitting in the chair. The person engaged in the physical assault is in the wrong.

In this specific case, it happens to be Larry Baer that was the aggressor and the person in the wrong.

OK, you're now officially into self delusion. Have a nice time in your alternate universe.

It’s not important but the whole ugly scene could have been avoided if the asshole had returned the phone to the other asshole. What’s her problem?

That her husband is a feral dog with no self control.

OK, you're now officially into self delusion. Have a nice time in your alternate universe.

It isn't self-delusion to see that you (and too many others) are defending this violent man's behavior towards his wife, while blaming her for what he alone did.

But I am not surprised, sadly.

Was she snooping on his phone ? Is that why she wouldn’t return the phone when asked ?

And it’s not up to you to judge other people’s marriage arrangements.

I don't see that he was violent toward her at all. I suppose you can say he was aggressive about getting his phone back. He grabs his phone and pulls it toward himself. He directs none of his action at her. What happens to her is entirely a result of holding onto his phone, which she had no right to be doing.

It looked pretty ugly but apparently she had a foot injury that caused her to lose her balance and fall off the chair. According to her anyway.

Was she snooping on his phone ? Is that why she wouldn’t return the phone when asked ?

And the only way to deal with that is violence. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

To start with, she has an asshole for a husband.

For all we know, he may have an asshole for a wife.

I think he probably does. But it doesn't excuse violence.

Yes, all that context does matter. If it wasn’t his phone which she had taken without his permission then none of responses about how it was an appropriate action against someone who’d taken his phone without his permission would apply. That’s trivially obvious enough that it didn’t need to be explicitly stated.

Whether she had permission to be holding his phone is immaterial.

Would you encourage or applaud your child to literally assault another family member over a pair of borrowed earrings?

How does the word “borrowed” fit this situation? Do you have information that no one else has?

And the only way to deal with that is violence. Gotcha..

There are other ways to handle these situations of course. But why is her asshole behavior given a free pass ? Why didn’t she just hand over the phone when asked ? Why was she being so unreasonable?

So I bet some people would be okay with him kicking her out of their house, too, literally kicking her into the road, because it's "his" house in the same sense it's "his" phone.

No, that’s not a good analogy. A better analogy would be that if he changed the locks on the house and she kicked the door in, it wouldn’t be breaking and entering because it’s her damn house and she’s allowed to kick in the door if she wants to. People can use appropriate levels of force to retain their own possessions.

No Tom that is not a good analogy because it doesn't involve physical force that results in a victim because person A prioritized their possession of their shared property over the bodily integrity of person B. Your analogy is not good at all. To ameliorate your analogy such that it works, she'd have to kick the door in (KNOWING he is behind it and that it could result in breaking his nose) while she could have instead called the police or asked to be let in repeatedly, and then finally does kick the door in, he gets hurt and is screaming.

Back
Top Bottom