• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lefties Beyond Parody

The Babylon Bee is a satire site. It never happened.

:rub:

Yes, that's the point. Leftists thought it did happen, and it warmed their cockles so much they suspended all skepticism, and shared the story.

Coming from someone who starts entire threads based on things that didn't happen, after suspending all skepticism because some fishy source happened to confirm their prejudices. On this very board, habitually.

Yeah, it's ironic.

Nutpicking is the fallacious tactic of picking out and showcasing the nuttiest member(s) of a group as the best representative(s) of that group — hence, "picking the nut".

f the best evidence of wackjobism you can find is a few anonymous nutballs commenting on a blog, then the particular brand of wackjobism you're complaining about must not be very widespread after all.
--Kevin Drum

Are you new to this forum?

Nutpicking is the fallacious tactic of picking out and showcasing the nuttiest member(s) of a group as the best representative(s) of that group — hence, "picking the nut".

f the best evidence of wackjobism you can find is a few anonymous nutballs commenting on a blog, then the particular brand of wackjobism you're complaining about must not be very widespread after all.
--Kevin Drum

Are you new to this forum?

No. I see nutpicking from lots of folks of all political persuasions.

Let's all challenge ourselves to resist nutpicking, shall we?

Yes, that's the point. Leftists thought it did happen, and it warmed their cockles so much they suspended all skepticism, and shared the story.

It's not far enough out there to warrant major skepticism. Someone who didn't know it was a satire site could easily be fooled.

ya, because allegedly wearing a piece of clothing to honor someone is exactly the same level of "out there" as alleged child sex slaves held in a non-existent basement of a pizza place by a presidential candidate.

Let me see if I got this straight. A comedian pretends that some athletes found a fanciful way to show respect for the late American icon and it warmed the cockles of you and your ilk that some "leftists" thought the story true.

Another "comedian" jokes that Hilary Clinton is running a child sex-slave racket out of the basement of a well-known Washington-area pizza shop, and the story is pushed as truth by at least three of President's key advisors (incl. National Security Advisor!) and the President's son. And a "rightist" (or "stupidist" or whatever description best fits your ilk) doesn't just have "his cockles warmed", but shows up at the pizzeria firing an assault rifle to free the sex slaves.

Oooh-Kaaaay. What was your point again?

Let me see if I got this straight. A comedian pretends that some athletes found a fanciful way to show respect for the late American icon and it warmed the cockles of you and your ilk that some "leftists" thought the story true.

Another "comedian" jokes that Hilary Clinton is running a child sex-slave racket out of the basement of a well-known Washington-area pizza shop, and the story is pushed as truth by at least three of President's key advisors (incl. National Security Advisor!) and the President's son. And a "rightist" (or "stupidist" or whatever description best fits your ilk) doesn't just have "his cockles warmed", but shows up at the pizzeria firing an assault rifle to free the sex slaves.

Oooh-Kaaaay. What was your point again?

I think his point is that right wing authoritarian followers have lost the capacity to make sound judgments about anything. When animal brain tribalism is your main driver and sole ideological principle, there's no oxygen or glucose left for the executive functions.

Oh, my goodness.

EjB6mZOXcAE9v0c

EjB6n2KXkAUPT4o

EjB6pEBXkAATdM3

Back
Top Bottom