• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Let's fuck!

SLD,

To answer your question about why I feel this way, the truth is IDK. Personally, I have found someone who cares for me, nurtured me, and at times, provides for me. We are a partnership.

In days of old, perhaps a woman as only looking for someone to look after her. Times are changing. Society is changing. Our society is anyway.

Some American Indian cultures, I believe, were as you describe as your 'desire' and they would fornicate willy nilly with any offspring recognised as the husbands or mothers brothers responsibility.

For me, I guess it's how I was raised.

I just don't know.

I don't know about American Indians (Or First Peoples as we call them in the civilised part of North America). But it seems to have been the case in Tahiti, Bora Bora etc.

And certainly in the Central African tribes the offspring of a woman were supervised by her eldest brother, and her wellbeing and her offspring's wellbeing were looked after by him too for the excellent reason that she was the mother, but who knows who their father could have been His role was that of a protector in addition to her husband, and also to protect her from that husband when necessary. This may still apply in the villages there, where the purpose of marriage, as for millions of years past, was to raise children, hopefully and preferably predominantly male children. The most desirable young woman for a wife then was a divorced mother of one or more male children, divorced through no fault of hers, and proving she could bear children, and male children at that, and not die in the labour of giving birth.
We of course know "better" about the purposes of marriage, which explains the divorce rate, the falling birth rate, and the "need" or desirability of massive immigration into "Western" societies. But the "ladies" have their careers, they have their fun, and their trophy one infant or so born late in mother's life. And all their, and the world's, problems can be blamed on Old White Men, paternalism, colonialism, imperialism, etc, etc. And obviously the failures of modern marriages are the fault of unfeeling men doing unthinkable things like going to sleep after sex, going hunting and fishing together, and leaving the toilet seat up.

Humans are just bonobos with intelligence.

This is what intelligence does.

Turns the insanity of the sex drive into further insanity.

Let's Fuck!

Anybody interested in getting laid? With me of course! All comers welcome. Male or female.

Now before you get all upset, let me explain. If we were like Bonobo chimps, the above statement would generate no controversy.

Obviously we are not bonobo chimps so you're off to a bad start. And plenty of young people live that sort of lifestyle via phone apps and some people may look down their noses at their lifestyle choices, for the most part there's not much controversy. And eventually people mature and give up on that lifestyle anyway.

how the HELL has this thread gone 3 pages without someone posting this classic:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k[/YOUTUBE]

This thread is based on a false premise that sex is the most wonderful thing in the world and we would all be doing it if we weren’t constrained by social rules. This is blatantly false. While I admit that a lot of people like sex it is not that great for the majority of the population. We are not allowed to admit this because society tells us that we must all love sex if we are normal. But who hasn’t avoided sex by making some excuse so we can just chill and watch Netflix instead? Personally I find sex very underwhelming and I am quite sure many people feel the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's this thing called biology and evolution, which is the context where our behaviors are generated. Your answers lie at the intersection of that and social behavioral science.

Yeah.

One of the most interesting ideas I have read about is that of Sperm Competition, which was explored in this book:

51S13PK6MFL._SX281_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Let me 'splain a few things about bonobos, my favorite closest relative. It's not the sex drives that I love about these animals. although that's certainly interesting. It's the fact that the society is a matriarchal one. The females use sex as a way to keep the males in line and the result is an almost violent free society. But, there is one thing you men need to know. If you step out of line, the female bonobos will rise up against you and literally bite off your penis. Look it up. Do you really want to risk having your pecker bitten off by a gang of angry women?

Why aren't we like that? Well, for one thing, have you ever looked at the genitals of a female bonobo? That should give you a hint. It works for them, but we're not them.

But at the same time, we all crave sex and fantasize about living the Bonobo chimp lifestyle - heterosexually if not bisexually at least.

Is this statement as disingenuous as the offer? Or are you honestly under the impression that it's true?
While there are a few people who have no sex drive virtually all of us do in fact crave sex.

Are you using the word "crave" to encompass all non-zero levels of sexual desire?

Also, what about the rest of the quoted statement? i.e. your assertion that we all fantasize about living the bonobo chimp lifestyle?

Sexual cravings are the strongest cravings men experience. Compared to any other enjoyment man seeks, sex is by far the most pleasurable and most desired. A man may enjoy playing golf with his friends, but there are few golf games played where sex isn't discussed in some fashion. Every man I know with whom I've mentioned the Bonobo chimp lifestyle to has quipped something to the effect of that sounds nice. There's an allure to living such a lifestyle undoubtedly. But we almost all pull back from such. And my question is why is that?

If sex is so pleasurable why is that we don't just constantly do it? What is it about human nature that stops us from being like Bonobos?

SLD

Didn't the Hippies do it? Aided by drugs? And did they just find it boring, or "not enough" even with drugs? Where are the hippies of yesteryear? Did they just inaugurate the modern citydweller's lifestyle and then fade away? There is some resemblance between the lifestyles is there not? The obsession with drugs and sex, for instance ?

And are those stories of Bonobos really true, or perhaps exaggerated a bit by the envious investigators' subconcious sex-obsessed imaginations? I mean where is this Bonobo Paradise Garden where they don't have to woprry about predators, or their food supply, or of themselves becoming food of the worst predator on earth -- man (OK maybe woman is worse :) )
I mean how big a group, and/or how many groups of Bonobos, were studied? Are they still around or has their carefree mode of life led to to their extinction or decimation? Was the original work peer reviewed?

There is one in the Congo. In fact the Bonobo Conservative Initiative is an organization that is working at protecting the species, which is now endangered, largely due to habitat destruction. You can also read some of the books by Frans de Waal, who has studied and observed bonobos extensively. The species has learned to use sex as a way to avoid conflict, but as I mentioned in my last post, the females will attack any male who becomes aggressive. Most of the time, everybody is peaceful.

It could be that most people enjoy sex, but most people don't want to have sex with everybody with a pulse. Humans are supposedly mostly monogamous with occasional cheating. But a good percentage of us are happy in monogamous relationships, including myself.

Let's Fuck!

Anybody interested in getting laid? With me of course! All comers welcome. Male or female.

Now before you get all upset, let me explain. If we were like Bonobo chimps, the above statement would generate no controversy. Your response might be, "Uh, I could fit you in at 4:30, but you'd have to hurry because Mike is coming by at 6, and Lisa is scheduled for a 3:00 o'clock session." Bonobos are of course famous for living an orgiastic existence, involving both gay and straight sexual activity. But I suspect if I truly said the above in polite society (and even not so polite society), I'd be run out of town and tarred and feathered. But at the same time, we all crave sex and fantasize about living the Bonobo chimp lifestyle - heterosexually if not bisexually at least. Sex is pleasurable; so why don't we constantly do it? And what difference would it make if you're in a relationship? Why would your partner care if you engage in pleasurable activities without him/her? I suspect you do a lot of things that you enjoy without your partner. Why should sex be any different?

And why should it matter if it were gay or straight sex? Presumably gay sex is pleasurable as well. But why then are heterosexual people turned off by it?

So what's the big deal? Let's get naked!

SLD

Bonobos are the perverted uncle of the ape family tree.

Granted, chimps[ent]mdash[/ent]like humans[ent]mdash[/ent]wage war for resources much like humans and unlike bonobos, and bonobos can be admired for that, but I find the "use sex for every kind of social interaction" kind of creepy. Bonobos are very closely related to chimps and humans, so there is every reason to believe that they might have heterosexual and homosexual individuals.

If I am correct about that, this means that their culture is such that they simply expect homosexuals to have sex with the opposite sex and heterosexuals to have sex with the same sex.

Uhm.

Ew.

I suppose it's possible that they are all bisexual by birth, but until someone can figure that out biologically, I'm going to assume they're expecting individuals to have sex with a gender they aren't attracted to. Yuck.

Perverted?

Because they do what humans constantly think about doing?

Thinking about something and never doing it is the perversion.

The intellect getting in the way of obtaining the most harmless pleasure is the perversion.

Possessiveness and greed to the point of denial of pleasure is a perversion.

Let's Fuck!

Now before you get all upset, let me explain. If we were like Bonobo chimps, the above statement would generate no controversy. Your response might be, "Uh, I could fit you in at 4:30, but you'd have to hurry because Mike is coming by at 6, and Lisa is scheduled for a 3:00 o'clock session." Bonobos are of course famous for living an orgiastic existence, involving both gay and straight sexual activity. But I suspect if I truly said the above in polite society (and even not so polite society), I'd be run out of town and tarred and feathered. But at the same time, we all crave sex and fantasize about living the Bonobo chimp lifestyle - heterosexually if not bisexually at least. Sex is pleasurable; so why don't we constantly do it? And what difference would it make if you're in a relationship? Why would your partner care if you engage in pleasurable activities without him/her? I suspect you do a lot of things that you enjoy without your partner. Why should sex be any different?

And why should it matter if it were gay or straight sex? Presumably gay sex is pleasurable as well. But why then are heterosexual people turned off by it?

SLD

Granted, chimps[ent]mdash[/ent]like humans[ent]mdash[/ent]wage war for resources much like humans and unlike bonobos, and bonobos can be admired for that, but I find the "use sex for every kind of social interaction" kind of creepy. Bonobos are very closely related to chimps and humans, so there is every reason to believe that they might have heterosexual and homosexual individuals.

If I am correct about that, this means that their culture is such that they simply expect homosexuals to have sex with the opposite sex and heterosexuals to have sex with the same sex.

Uhm.

Ew.

I suppose it's possible that they are all bisexual by birth, but until someone can figure that out biologically, I'm going to assume they're expecting individuals to have sex with a gender they aren't attracted to. Yuck.

I beg to differ.

That "Ew" itself is in large part cultural. There was one longtitudinal study in Germany (if you're interested, I can try to dig up the citation) that found that young men were experimenting with same-sex stuff at much higher rates in the 50s, 60s, and 70s than today, and iirc they explained in that today's men are more afraid to be (seen as) gay than men were when gays weren't so visible. The notion that you have to be gay to enjoy an occasional blowjob by another man is probably not instinctive - lips are lips, assuming he's decently shaved, and if he isn't, you might learn a valuable lesson about what it feels like for your girlfriend when you aren't.

Last edited:
Let's Fuck!

SLD

Uhm.

Ew.

I beg to differ.

That "Ew" itself is in large part cultural. There was one longtitudinal study in Germany (if you're interested, I can try to dig up the citation) that found that young men were experimenting with same-sex stuff at much higher rates in the 50s, 60s, and 70s than today, and iirc they explained in that today's men are more afraid to be (seen as) gay than men were when gays weren't so visible. The notion that you have to be gay to enjoy an occasional blowjob by another man is probably not instinctive - lips are lips, assuming he's decently shaved, and if he isn't, you might learn a valuable lesson about what it feels like for your girlfriend when you aren't.

Expecting homosexuals to have sex with the opposite sex or heterosexual individuals to have sex with the same sex is really icky.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's Fuck!

SLD

Uhm.

Ew.

I beg to differ.

Expecting homosexuals to have sex with the opposite sex or heterosexual individuals to have sex with the same sex is really icky. Sexuality isn't a cultural thing, it's hard-wired into humans and chimps, so I imagine it probably is for bonobos as well.

Expecting homosexuals to have sex with the opposite sex or heterosexual individuals to have sex with the same sex is really icky. Sexuality isn't a cultural thing, it's hard-wired into humans and chimps, so I imagine it probably is for bonobos as well.

Sexuality in and of itself isn't cultural, but finding any mention of the disprefered kind of sexuality "really icky" to the point where you only ever hug another guy once a year and obligatorily suffix such an action with a "no homo" definitely is.

Sexuality in and of itself isn't cultural, but finding any mention of the disprefered kind of sexuality "really icky" to the point where you only ever hug another guy once a year and obligatorily suffix such an action with a "no homo" definitely is.

Once a year? What day is so exceptional to warrant that sort of behaviour? I have made it quite clear to all my relatives and friends that hugging is not something I do, irrespective of the occasion. Handshakes are bad enough. Unwelcome non-consensual hugs are a form of harassment.

Besides, if "sexuality isn't cultural" (as you claim) then what one finds "icky" isn't cultural either. So it is Underseer's right to find anything "icky" without being judged by you.

Once a year? What day is so exceptional to warrant that sort of behaviour? I have made it quite clear to all my relatives and friends that hugging is not something I do, irrespective of the occasion. Handshakes are bad enough. Unwelcome non-consensual hugs are a form of harassment.

True, but not the point of this discussion.

Besides, if "sexuality isn't cultural" (as you claim) then what one finds "icky" isn't cultural either.

One doesn't follow from the other.

So it is Underseer's right to find anything "icky" without being judged by you.

Yes, it is Underseer's right to find anything "icky", but that goes without staying and stands irrespective of how much nature and how much nurture there is in what he finds icky. But when he insists that Bonobos will find the same things icky because shared nature, he's making an unsupported factual claim.

Let's Fuck!

SLD

Uhm.

Ew.

I beg to differ.

Ew.

One doesn't follow from the other.

Why not? Finding something sexual "icky" is a sexual preference. Either sexual preferences are in-built with no choice, or they are not. You can't have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom