• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Liz Truss Is Now Britain's Prime Minister

By the way, if you go back to Churchill time, there were fair number of obese men but not women I think. I wonder why?

By the way, if you go back to Churchill time, there were fair number of obese men but not women I think. I wonder why?
Keep it Classi.

To be fair, that cigar is not lit, so I think she merely pretends to be Churchill.
Drinking, well, I understand alcoholism, not just drinking, is very common among UK politicians. So it's hard to find who does not drink.
My biggest problem is her obesity. She clearly let herself go.

Yeah. A health minister that doesn't take care of their own health seems questionable to me.

alcohol drinking people - as illustrated above - do not make for suitable heads of the health ministry.
So only teetotalers should be health ministers? I guess you will enjoy it when UK becomes an Islamic Republic and no alcohol is enforced by law ...
My takeaway was seeing the new health minister drinking and smoking.
Same question I asked Hermit. You don't think anybody who drinks alcohol should be a health minister?

She should set the standard. Lead by example.

alcohol drinking people - as illustrated above - do not make for suitable heads of the health ministry.
So only teetotalers should be health ministers? I guess you will enjoy it when UK becomes an Islamic Republic and no alcohol is enforced by law ...
My takeaway was seeing the new health minister drinking and smoking.
Same question I asked Hermit. You don't think anybody who drinks alcohol should be a health minister?

She should set the standard. Lead by example.
Or just give her quite literally any other portfolio.

Liz Truss seems a lot like Kyrsten Sinema, a progressive who became a corporate Democrat, and one of the most conservative Democrats in Congress.

Opinion | Britain 3, America 0 - The New York Times
Perhaps you didn’t notice, but back in November, Kamala Harris made history by becoming the first woman to hold presidential power.

OK, it was only for an hour and a half. But still.
President Biden had to receive general anethesia for a colonoscopy, so he transferred Presidential Powers to Vice President Kamala Harris.
But really, people. This should at least be a reminder of how far we haven’t come. Our country is 246 years old, and that translates into something like 2,160,000 hours. One and a half of which have been under a woman’s direction.
Then on Liz Truss is the third female Prime Minister that the UK has had, after Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May.
The country doesn’t even seem all that comfortable with women governors. Right now, only nine of our states are headed by a female executive, and four of the women first stepped into the job after the guy who was elected resigned, for reasons ranging from an ambassadorship to, well, Andrew Cuomo.

We’re not doing terrific on the legislative side, either: A quarter of our senators are women, and about 28 percent of the members of the House are. After the midterms that could get worse. “It looks like under most likely scenarios we’ll have fewer women in the House and Senate next year,” Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who’s been a hurricane of fund-raising action for Democratic candidates, told me.

But May and Truss kind of got the job because no one else would take it. The Tories are in such sad shape. The only thing going for them is that Labor collapsed after Blair.

[snip] alcohol drinking people - as illustrated above - do not make for suitable heads of the health ministry.
I'll take Sore Because Someone Else Beat Him To It for $1600 Mayim.

Well, saying they wanted to cut taxes and bring on more debt, seemed to scare the fuck out of the markets and the British Pound is almost on par with the US dollar now. Just coincidentally, Labour have a 33% lead in the latest poll. The Labour Party has struggled with being nothing but a bunch of bollocks, which allowed the Tories to literally ruin Britain.
article said:
The YouGov poll of voting intention conducted over Wednesday and Thursday showed 54% support for Labour and 21% for the Conservatives. It was a survey of more than 1,700 British adults.
Perhaps the worrying sign is that after all of this shit... 21% of Brits still support the party that is in charge and no one wants to lead because shit has gotten that bad. Usually people are running over themselves to run their party when they have a majority, but the last three were an assortment of worthless twats.

Granted, if the Libs took over today, the worthless sots that are Tories would complain about how the Libs haven't fixed Britain yet... who still technically are transitioning to the aborted status of Brexit.

What a shit show. Truss making Boris look competent.

No confidence vote followed by general election before Christmas I reckon.

What a shit show. Truss making Boris look competent.

No confidence vote followed by general election before Christmas I reckon.
No, they were both utter failures, but no more so than the party and the failure of their politics. Tories drove the UK off a cliff and people want to pretend it is just Johnson and Truss.

Back
Top Bottom