• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Male Startup Blasted on Social Media for Creating a Period Glove

"This is political correctness gone mad! Tampon gloves? Great idea, that reminds me of vibrators! Men have to put the seat down so women should wear gloves when they take their tampons out! Get off my lawn! I'm a pig and proud of it! I'm not a misogynist because women are perverts too!"
There are things that women could be upset about men (and things that men could be upset about women) but being upset that the toilet seat wasn't lowered always struck me as over the top... a sign of someone too self centered. Maybe men should be upset that women don't raise the seat after they finish so the man won't have to when he is in a hurry.

Finding a raised toilet seat should be reassuring to a woman that the man raised the seat before pissing so didn't piss on the seat.

Not in the middle of the night it don't.

Why not? I always check to see that the seat is in the proper position for the job at hand, even in the middle of the night. I don't want to piss on the seat so check that it is up or raise it if not. Even in the middle of the night, I don't want to fall in so before plopping down to take a poo check that the seat is down or lower it if not.

"This is political correctness gone mad! Tampon gloves? Great idea, that reminds me of vibrators! Men have to put the seat down so women should wear gloves when they take their tampons out! Get off my lawn! I'm a pig and proud of it! I'm not a misogynist because women are perverts too!"
There are things that women could be upset about men (and things that men could be upset about women) but being upset that the toilet seat wasn't lowered always struck me as over the top... a sign of someone too self centered. Maybe men should be upset that women don't raise the seat after they finish so the man won't have to when he is in a hurry.

Finding a raised toilet seat should be reassuring to a woman that the man raised the seat before pissing so didn't piss on the seat.

Why not? I always check to see that the seat is in the proper position for the job at hand, even in the middle of the night. I don't want to piss on the seat so check that it is up or raise it if not. Even in the middle of the night, I don't want to fall in so before plopping down to take a poo check that the seat is down or lower it if not.

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.

FWIW, most plumbers not only return the seat to the sitting position but also close the toilet lid before flushing and leave the toilet lid closed. This is actually very smart as it reduces the small amount of spray--and germs which is sprayed when the toilet flushes whether you notice it or not. It also keeps pets and small children out of the toilet.

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.
Yes, in the middle of the night men are not fully awake either. But that would be a piss poor excuse for them to not check the seat position before pissing. Should men blame whoever didn't raise the seat for their pissing on it since they were extremely groggy with sleep so didn't check the seat's position?

My wife and I enjoy pampering each other – doing little things that say “I’m thinking of you.” Putting the toilet seat down is such a little thing. I can’t imagine why so many men get up in arms over it. It’s certainly not the hill I’m going to die on in the so-called "battle of the sexes."

My wife and I enjoy pampering each other – doing little things that say “I’m thinking of you.” Putting the toilet seat down is such a little thing. I can’t imagine why so many men get up in arms over it. It’s certainly not the hill I’m going to die on in the so-called "battle of the sexes."

I agree completely, also thinking the same way. However, sometimes there are unintended lapses. It is the women that make such a big issue of toilet seat position, criticizing men for any lapse that I have problems with. I have never lived with such a woman but have heard of and from them.

Yours sounds like a healthy relationship. One where your wife wouldn't raise hell if you occasionally forget to lower the toilet seat.

I suppose that if I'd grown up in an environment where some men dabbed their weenies and some didn't I may have become a weenie dabber and passed the acceptable habit onto my kids. But men didn't dab weenies and my concern was that if my kids dabbed their weenies they'd be marked and ridiculed. Men's facilities aren't built for the practice. It would be necessary to go into a stall, get dabbing material, then pee, then dab, then go back into the stall to toss the paper. When I was in the service the urinal was a bathtub and weenies just peed in unison with no dabbers. And there were no stalls, just crappers, no walls, you took a shit and did your pissing for all to see.

So my unfortunate upbringing didn't lend itself to men's dabbing or teaching dabbing to the men under construction. I'm certain you can understand. No doubt I can find fault with the habits of my female kin but to what end? I have no issues with women, menstruation, etc. It all is working fine and if it isn't broken doesn't need fixing, as the saying goes.

But I like new ideas that are practical, productive and advance the human condition.

Maybe some women should invent a product that men can carry around with them to wipe their penises with after using a urinal?

Not to argue with any of you right now, but I just wanted to say that my late father always wiped his pecker after he peed and he was a proud Marine.

How do I know about the wiping? My father complained a few times that we girls were using too much toilet paper when we peed. He told us that he only used 2 sheets. Well, of course he only needed two sheets because he only had to wipe off the head of his dick, but we girls have a lot more going on down there. We have more surface to wipe and that usually requires more than 2 sheets of toilet paper. I guess he was also clueless about female anatomy, or he would realize that when we pee, the pee spreads beyond the urethra or pee hole, if you prefer slang. :)

My husband just told me that men don't have to wipe because when they shake their dicks, it empties out every tiny bit of pee. I never realized until now how important it is for a man to shake his dick after he pees. Learn something new everyday. Still, I don't know why you can't shake and wipe and I did wonder if shaking means there are little pee stains all over the bathroom. Then again, if you're cleaver enough to sit and pee, you can shake your dick into the toilet bowl to avoid getting pee all over the place. Aha! Maybe that's why some married women encourage their husbands to sit on the toilet when they pee. Plus there is the added reward of not missing the toilet and making the wife or whoever cleans it, have to clean it more often because you got pee all over the place.

Men can be pretty different. Penises vary a lot. It's just the capillary effect. It's all about length and girth and so on. They can get a bit hard for the weirdest reasons, which complicates matters.

I wiped for years until a urologist taught me (when I was in my 30'ies) the trick of pushing on a spot behind my balls, which completely empties my urethra. Works great. And I could stop both wiping and shaking. Not getting adequate education about our reproductive organs isn't a uniquely female problem.

I agree completely, also thinking the same way. However, sometimes there are unintended lapses. It is the women that make such a big issue of toilet seat position, criticizing men for any lapse that I have problems with. I have never lived with such a woman but have heard of and from them.

Yours sounds like a healthy relationship. One where your wife wouldn't raise hell if you occasionally forget to lower the toilet seat.

Do wives actually raise hell if their husbands forget to put the seat back in the appropriate position? My husband has never left the seat up, but I certainly wouldn't raise hell if he did. I would either say nothing or I would joke about it. But, afaik, he only stands to pee when he's outside. That is certainly a benefit of being a male. :D I have never met a wife who raised hell over a misplaced toilet seat. I think that's an absurd claim.

Do wives actually raise hell if their husbands forget to put the seat back in the appropriate position? .......
Yes.

Most wives, like most people in general, are reasonable, considerate, and wouldn't think of raising hell over something so trivial. But I know a few men who were not fortunate enough to be married to a reasonable mate.

There are controlling, irrational people of both sexes. Thankfully, most people aren't like that and I try to avoid those who are.

The toilet seat thing is not much more than a trope. The more suggestible among us will fall right into it and think it offers useful information about reality, a process that is easier than skepticism and most of the time doesn't harm us, at least not in blatant ways that our brains can ignore, and so they persist.

Yes, in the middle of the night men are not fully awake either. But that would be a piss poor excuse for them to not check the seat position before pissing. Should men blame whoever didn't raise the seat for their pissing on it since they were extremely groggy with sleep so didn't check the seat's position?
If men fell into the toilet in the middle of the night they might develop something like consideration for others. Apparently empathy is too much to expect. But perhaps consideration might be taught. I wonder how many laxatives in the main course of dinner it would take????

If men fell into the toilet in the middle of the night they might develop something like consideration for others. Apparently empathy is too much to expect. But perhaps consideration might be taught. I wonder how many laxatives in the main course of dinner it would take????

We compromised. I look before I sit... and he cleans the toilet. Most of the mess is his anyway. I think that division of labor is a lot of what led to him deciding to sit when he pees about 15 years ago. Less mess to clean up that way.

We compromised. I look before I sit... and he cleans the toilet. Most of the mess is his anyway.
Now that sounds like a rational compromise, if there is any conflict. Much more sane than blaming men for the results of one's lack of attention then suggesting dosing that evil male with laxative as punishment. The latter sounds like a touch of misandry. Before I lost my wife, cleaning the bathroom was 'my job', not because there was any issue with the toilet seat but because she didn't like that particular task.

Back
Top Bottom