• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

paulcraigroberts.org said:
Now, ask yourself how these charges could have been known prior to the seizure of the documents that allegedly are the evidence, documents to which the FBI had previous access but no interest in? Whatever documents needed to sustain the charges will be faked and inserted into the seized boxes.

Because the wimp Mitch McConnell Republicans let the Democrats openly steal the last election, being too fearful of a partisan media to make a fuss, the Democrats currently control the Executive Branch and its military, police, and prosecutorial agencies, the Senate, and the House, and the media serves as the Propaganda Ministry for the frame-up of President Trump. We are now witnessing and experiencing a bold open coup to establish a one-party state.
The delusional "election was stolen" tinfoil conspiracy theory should destroy whatever little credibility Mr. Roberts once had.
That was exactly the wrong response from the Democrats. No one wants to be dismissed that they are an idiot even if they are an idiot.

The best response would have been to properly investigate and litigate the results of the election for all to see the proof in light of day. But the Democrats did not and probably could not do that because.....

1. Either the Democrats were convinced themselves they were wrong or
2. They did not trust the justice system to produce the results they needed to see

And both of these are rather disturbing in and of themselves. What other reasons would they be afraid of?

The democrats did properly "litigate". The "litigation" was allowing recounts, along with all of the standard process and procedures that caught a few QOP chucklefucks red handed at trying to double-vote and commit fraud.

Trump lacks curiosity and can barely read, and it is highly improbable that he would have collected this vast horde of material so he could read them later at his leisure. Given the volume of the material recovered to date (50 boxes or more), this was clearly not a decision he made on the night before his departure from the White House - he must have been accumulating these documents over an extended period of time. That suggests premeditation.
Most of those boxes probably are not classified. The warrant was for classified material and anything found with it.

I do agree he took them for potential value, though--I'm sure he couldn't understand them.

The warrant was quite a bit broader than just classified material. They were looking for any documents that were government property. Of course, not everything considered secret or sensitive was classified. There are also plenty of documents that the government does not make public but does not classify. This was all connected to a request by the National Archive for materials that it considered government property, for example the love letters from North Korea.

I'm not so sure that Trump intended to profit from any of those documents. He is known to be incredibly narcissistic, and he found it nearly impossible to believe that he lost the election. From his perspective, he should have remained in office and in charge of all of those government secrets. He felt that he could declassify documents merely be declaring them declassified. So I would speculate that just having them in his possession made him feel more important, powerful, and in control. To him, they were totems of power. He could get value out of them that didn't involve turning them into cash. Also, there may have been a certain satisfaction in feeling that everyone would be outraged at the idea that he had gotten away with another outrage, if they only knew. It validated his belief that he was exceptional and above the law.

The best response would have been to properly investigate and litigate the results of the election for all to see the proof in light of day.

That happened.

Trump supporters thoroughly investigated the election. They filed suits in court.

It was all totally free, transparent, and documented. "for all to see the proof in light of day"

Strong evidence shows that the Trump supporters tried to lie and cheat.

Oh well.
Tom

Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
  • Armed supporters of former President Donald Trump protested outside the FBI office in Phoenix, Arizona, on Saturday.
  • The protesters carried "honor your oath" and "Abolish FBI" signs, per local media.
  • The FBI has had an "unprecedented" number of threats against bureau property since the Mar-a-Lago raid.

The Republican base seems to consider Trump a martyr: Trump Gets 10-Point Mar-a-Lago Raid Boost Over DeSantis: Poll

Trump lacks curiosity and can barely read, and it is highly improbable that he would have collected this vast horde of material so he could read them later at his leisure. Given the volume of the material recovered to date (50 boxes or more), this was clearly not a decision he made on the night before his departure from the White House - he must have been accumulating these documents over an extended period of time. That suggests premeditation.
Most of those boxes probably are not classified. The warrant was for classified material and anything found with it.

I do agree he took them for potential value, though--I'm sure he couldn't understand them.

The warrant was quite a bit broader than just classified material. They were looking for any documents that were government property. Of course, not everything considered secret or sensitive was classified. There are also plenty of documents that the government does not make public but does not classify. This was all connected to a request by the National Archive for materials that it considered government property, for example the love letters from North Korea.

I'm not so sure that Trump intended to profit from any of those documents. He is known to be incredibly narcissistic, and he found it nearly impossible to believe that he lost the election. From his perspective, he should have remained in office and in charge of all of those government secrets. He felt that he could declassify documents merely be declaring them declassified. So I would speculate that just having them in his possession made him feel more important, powerful, and in control. To him, they were totems of power. He could get value out of them that didn't involve turning them into cash. Also, there may have been a certain satisfaction in feeling that everyone would be outraged at the idea that he had gotten away with another outrage, if they only knew. It validated his belief that he was exceptional and above the law.
I don’t disagree with the involvement of his narcissism with regards to his taking and retaining documents to which he had no legal or moral right. However, Trump is also known to have serious money problems. I can easily imagine he was holding onto documents as leverage to be used in negotiations with regards to any charges related to his role in Jan 6. Multiple motives completely possible. Likely, even.

I don’t disagree with the involvement of his narcissism with regards to his taking and retaining documents to which he had no legal or moral right. However, Trump is also known to have serious money problems. I can easily imagine he was holding onto documents as leverage to be used in negotiations with regards to any charges related to his role in Jan 6. Multiple motives completely possible. Likely, even.

I think that he often does incredibly stupid things, but I still find it hard to believe that he would risk selling anything like Top Secret documents. More likely would be that he thought he would find some information that he could use as leverage in business negotiations with Middle Eastern countries, China, and Russia. The information could be used to impress foreigners and backers that he was still an extremely valuable person to deal with.

Now, ask yourself how these charges could have been known prior to the seizure of the documents that allegedly are the evidence, documents to which the FBI had previous access but no interest in? Whatever documents needed to sustain the charges will be faked and inserted into the seized boxes.

Because the wimp Mitch McConnell Republicans let the Democrats openly steal the last election, being too fearful of a partisan media to make a fuss, the Democrats currently control the Executive Branch and its military, police, and prosecutorial agencies, the Senate, and the House, and the media serves as the Propaganda Ministry for the frame-up of President Trump. We are now witnessing and experiencing a bold open coup to establish a one-party state.
The delusional "election was stolen" tinfoil conspiracy theory should destroy whatever little credibility Mr. Roberts once had.
That was exactly the wrong response from the Democrats. No one wants to be dismissed that they are an idiot even if they are an idiot.
If Mr. Roberts wishes to avoid be labelled as delusional crackpot, he should stop posting delusional bullshit. My point is that one is foolish to take anything Mr. Roberts says as being valid.

The best response would have been to properly investigate and litigate the results of the election for all to see the proof in light of day.
It has been litigated. There has been no findings of fraud in any of the cases brought forward. NONE. ZERO.
But the Democrats did not and probably could not do that because.....

2. They did not trust the justice system to produce the results they needed to see

And both of these are rather disturbing in and of themselves. What other reasons would they be afraid of?
WTF? The courts have rejected every single case brought forward. Please educate yourself why voter fraud is exceedingly rare in the U.S. and/or Current litigation on the election.

I grew up in the St. Louis area. I have family and friends in the area who feel like you on many issues. I get how and why they have come to some of their conclusions. You don't have to agree with the Democrats to understand that the election was not stolen - you just have to be grounded in reality: delusional thinking is delusional thinking.

Reactions: jab
Wtf is RV thinking? IS he thinking?
More than 60 lost court cases later, many before Trump-appointed judges, he wants to LITIGATE??
How much litigation is enough, @RVonse ?
Never enough until someone says there was fraud? Because the only way Trump lost is if there was fraud? Because Trump said so? Repeatedly? For months before, and for years after the election that he LOST by more than SEVEN MILLION votes?

That’s ridiculous.

I think that he often does incredibly stupid things, but I still find it hard to believe that he would risk selling anything like Top Secret documents.
Not only is Trump on record for his tenacious mendacity and incredibly questionable business ethics, he is also the man who did his best to overturn the election process, resorting to inciting a violent insurrection by an armed mob of his followers and attempting to get his vice president killed in the process. Very little about his behavior would surprise me at this point, including the idea that he might have consipred to sell state secrets to hostile foreign powers.

Very little about his behavior would surprise me at this point, including the idea that he might have consipred to sell state secrets to hostile foreign powers.
Not saying did that, but chances are he did that and has been doing that since January of 2017.

Very little about his behavior would surprise me at this point, including the idea that he might have consipred to sell state secrets to hostile foreign powers.
Not saying did that, but chances are he did that and has been doing that since January of 2017.
Yes. Everything we know about the man suggests that to be a strong possibility.

Wtf is RV thinking? IS he thinking?
More than 60 lost court cases later, many before Trump-appointed judges, he wants to LITIGATE??
How much litigation is enough, @RVonse ?
Never enough until someone says there was fraud? Because the only way Trump lost is if there was fraud? Because Trump said so? Repeatedly? For months before, and for years after the election that he LOST by more than SEVEN MILLION votes?

That’s ridiculous.
My personal belief is that Trump clings so hard to the allegations of election fraud for all the usual reasons: ego, megalomania, etc. But it also seems fairly obvious to me: He's claiming that he lost because of election fraud because his attempts at election fraud did not work. This time.

The FBI subpoenaed the CC video tapes of the entrance to the room the documents were stored in at MAGA Loco. They showed the boxes being removed and placed back in several times. Why was that occuring?

The FBI subpoenaed the CC video tapes of the entrance to the room the documents were stored in at MAGA Loco. They showed the boxes being removed and placed back in several times. Why was that occuring?

If they can identify the people moving those boxes, they can ask them why they removed them and where they took them. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump were slowly going through the material to see what was in them that might be of use to him. Perhaps he was copying them, realizing that the originals might be returned to the government.

ETA: I don't recall reading about the subpoena for the surveillance videotape and am having trouble finding any reference to it. Do you have a link to a story on the subject?

I do not believe democracy can withstand voters (the ones at that point who can still vote) voters who have no stake and are more less nothing more than pheasents.

I agree. It would take forever to train those birds to operate the corrupt voting machines.
OTOH, their eventual choices would almost certainly be better than those made by Republitards.
But it's easier to train them to operate honest voting machines??

The best response would have been to properly investigate and litigate the results of the election for all to see the proof in light of day. But the Democrats did not and probably could not do that because.....

Investigate what? The QOP made a lot of noise but didn't have any evidence to present--which is why their various lawsuits went nowhere. We need some evidence of wrongdoing to investigate--but all that comes to light was QOP wrongdoing.

Back
Top Bottom