• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

I do not believe democracy can withstand voters (the ones at that point who can still vote) voters who have no stake and are more less nothing more than pheasents.

I agree. It would take forever to train those birds to operate the corrupt voting machines.
OTOH, their eventual choices would almost certainly be better than those made by Republitards.
But it's easier to train them to operate honest voting machines??
Philosophers have been asking that question for centuries. It remains unanswered, because nobody has been able to find an honest voting machine.

@RVonse -
Why are more than sixty court cases not enough litigation?

I've read in a couple places that Trump's passports have been confiscated.

Trump is claiming it, but isn't confirmed.
In other words, this is the moment when he's going to try to use the passport that most certainly isn't confiscated.

I don't think that they confiscated his passport because they considered him a flight risk. He certainly couldn't take his SS entourage with him, so he probably has no plans to use it for anything. It may be that they found it among the documents that they confiscated. If so, they'll probably return the passport, if they haven't already. They don't normally confiscate them until charges are ready to be brought, and that is not yet the case.

I don't think that they confiscated his passport because they considered him a flight risk. He certainly couldn't take his SS entourage with him, so he probably has no plans to use it for anything. It may be that they found it among the documents that they confiscated. If so, they'll probably return the passport, if they haven't already. They don't normally confiscate them until charges are ready to be brought, and that is not yet the case.
I would certainly consider Trump a flight risk.
The only reason he might not be a flight risk is his ego. I’m sure he could find refuge in any of several countries.

Yes, there could be some complications with his SS detail—but there is speculation that at least some of his detail is( or was) loyal to Trump rather than to the US or the SS. I don’t know how much his detail changed when he left office. I do remember that he secured an unusually large number of agents to protect more family members than generally necessary.

The only reason he might not be a flight risk is his ego. I’m sure he could find refuge in any of several countries.

Yes, there could be some complications with his SS detail—but there is speculation that at least some of his detail is( or was) loyal to Trump rather than to the US or the SS. I don’t know how much his detail changed when he left office. I do remember that he secured an unusually large number of agents to protect more family members than generally necessary.

It seems that he took a lot of people with him that he considered loyalists. The lawyer that declared Trump had returned all classified documents, Jay Bratt, used to work for the DoJ as Chief at Counterintelligence and Export Control Section, National Security Division. I wonder if he was involved in gathering all of those classified documents for Trump before he left the White House. If so, he is going to be in even worse trouble than having lied to the FBI about the presence of more documents at Mar-a-Lago.

As far as the alleged stealing of the election, I have said in the past and still would say today that the Democrats should have litigated that in court instead of dissmissing it like they did (like you are dissmissing Roberts). Trumpsters could have seen the evidence for themselves, would have seen the Democrats were not hiding anything if it would have been investigated. But it is what it is at this point.

:confused2: What on Earth are you talking about?
The D's won the White House — what was the reason for them to litigate?
The R's DID litigate, filing 49 lawsuits, and getting all 49 lawsuits dismissed. In several cases the R lawyers were chastised by the judge for frivolous filings or even lying.

Get it? Where in tarnation did you acquire the misconceptions that led to your bizarre "the Democrats should have litigated"? :confused2:

From what I understand his passports have been returned, but in the case of his Secret Service detail I think there's a few more wrinkles. If he were going to flee the country to avoid federal law enforcement, he'd have to ditch the detail, as they ARE federal law enforcement. They do more than just protect Presidents, after all. While he may have a few that are loyal enough to - say - delete phone messages and cover up his little tantrums, I doubt that they'd be loyal enough to flee with him to another country. That would make them fugitives as well. It is also worth noting that most people are loyal to Trump to a point. We know about his shady dealings mostly because people who were loyal to him finally had enough...some have even gone so far as testifying in front of Congress. Yeah, he's got Rudy and Stevie and an inner circle that are still on board, but would Secret Service agents be so loyal that they'd abandon their families and country to go live in wherever he flees to? Hmm...

As far as Copernicus' mention of his lawyer Jay Bratt, that brings up a whole other can 'o worms. Several cans, actually.

Apparently some of the classified material was Top Secret SCI that you can't even look at unless you have that level of clearance and it has to be in a secure, designated location. It can't just be thrown into a box and shipped via UPS to Florida. Not only did someone (obviously other than Trump) have to gather those documents, but they would have to be transported by an authorized government courier with the chain of possession thoroughly documented. You can't just walk into the room, say "the President wants to see the report on the alien spacecraft at Area 51" and walk out the door. Who removed the documents? Who moved them to the White House? How was it moved to Mar A Largo and who had access during transport? There could be any number of people who were involved in the conspiracy to take these documents to a storeroom in Trump's basement, and I use the word "conspiracy" on purpose, because I'm pretty well certain the FBI and DOJ are using that word, too. Anyone who touched that material along it's journey from a secure facility to that storeroom could be facing some serious federal criminal charges.

I'm also fairly well certain that the FBI asked all these questions and more when they were investigating Hillary's Buttery Mails.

I'm also fairly well certain that the FBI asked all these questions and more when they were investigating Hillary's Buttery Mails.
Hillary's email server was confiscated by the FBI and thoroughly examined.

Reactions: jab
Hillary's email server was confiscated by the FBI and thoroughly examined.
(Checks right wing talking points) "Yeah, by that radical leftist Deep State agent James Comey!!!"

As far as the alleged stealing of the election, I have said in the past and still would say today that the Democrats should have litigated that in court instead of dissmissing it like they did (like you are dissmissing Roberts). Trumpsters could have seen the evidence for themselves, would have seen the Democrats were not hiding anything if it would have been investigated. But it is what it is at this point.

:confused2: What on Earth are you talking about?
The D's won the White House — what was the reason for them to litigate?
The R's DID litigate, filing 49 lawsuits, and getting all 49 lawsuits dismissed. In several cases the R lawyers were chastised by the judge for frivolous filings or even lying.

Get it? Where in tarnation did you acquire the misconceptions that led to your bizarre "the Democrats should have litigated"? :confused2:
I keep asking @RVonse that, but he ignores the question. Apparently that’s how RW extremists deal with facts.

Personally, I'd find that an incredibly convenient outcome.
See how long he keeps his following in Russia, with all his U.S. assets frozen and under investigation.
Tom

See how long he keeps his following in Russia, with all his U.S. assets frozen and under investigation.
Tom
He won't need any assets. A couple billion dollars worth (to Putin) of American secrets probably fit in the inside breast pocket o a suit jacket.

Tom
He won't need any assets. A couple billion dollars worth (to Putin) of American secrets probably fit in the inside breast pocket o a suit jacket.
I honestly wouldn't bet on Trump being able to retain value of the materials in a negotiation.

"Oh, I have a map to a secret nuclear facility that was installed in 2000 in <country>, I'll give it to you if you give me money"

This statement alone gives away all the data, insofar as all the information in that document, the protection of it in the first place, was the thing keeping the map secret.

Once someone knows what to look for where and when, it's all over, they can find it without the secret map.

And this is just one trivial example.

Just the existence of sailors on leave in a port talking about being home soon can lay bare an entire naval strategy and structure.

Do you really expect that idiot to be able to keep their narcissistic pride from leaking value away from what they have, rendering them with naught but a paper with already-spilled secrets?

Tom
What assets? Human assets? Maybe. But they're already mostly compromised. If you're talking money--what money? Any money that Trump actually has is trivial to Putin, even if it were millions or billions of dollars. Information? Again, compromised. Smart money is that EVERYTHING that Trump has laid eyes on has been or will be shopped around and must be changed or redone or whatever. At least that is what NatSec, FBI, CIA, etc. all must assume. Nothing is too sacred to the security of the US or the world that Trump won't betray it, deliberately, inadvertently, for cash, out of rage, or simply because he has no self control or sense that he cannot say and do anything he wants, plus his mental acuity is compromised.

What assets? Human assets?
Human assets too, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm sure Trump's value is far lower than he claims(except, of course, for tax purposes). But he's still worth more than over 99% of Americans.
Maybe some of the people he stiffed in bankruptcy court will get a bit of payout.
Tom

I'm sure Trump's value is far lower than he claims(except, of course, for tax purposes). But he's still worth more than over 99% of Americans.
Maybe some of the people he stiffed in bankruptcy court will get a bit of payout.
Tom
I suspect that if ALL accounts were settled he’d be worth LESS than 99.999% of all Americans.

Tom
I suspect that if ALL accounts were settled he’d be worth LESS than 99.999% of all Americans.
If all his accounts were settled, he'd be executed for treason and sedition.

Tom
Nobody in his inner circle is very smart — consider Rudy, Jared, Don Jr. Don't forget that Alex Jones was one of his top advisors! Most probably his boxes of secrets were just whatever was at hand in cabinets, and were stolen mainly to thumb his nose at America.

Perhaps the most valuable secrets he has — high-level strategy and methods — were acquired orally, in the Situation Room or in daily briefings. Trump wouldn't even know what secrets he has that are valuable.

Putin would like hands-on access to his brain, and to use drugs, hypnosis or other techniques to elicit half-forgotten knowledge.

They might need to be secrets from 2017 or early 2018. Surely in 2018 top CIA and Pentagon people were realizing that he was a foolish and incontinent Russian asset and by then just pretended to give him real briefings.

The last time I checked, Forbes had put Trump's net worth at between $3 billion and $10 billion. They count the estimated value of property he owns and subtract his known debt. Nobody really knows except him and his accountants, all of whom are being investigated for tax fraud based on how they overvalued and undervalued those properties for financial gain.

Back
Top Bottom