• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

This argument isn't quite as easy as that, as the Government was pretty clear in informing him he had no legal right to these docs. But it is an argument his lawyers can make.

Such arguments might work if there is a strong MAGA loyalist on the jury, but I think Trump is counting on tying the trials up until after the election next year or until he and his allies find ways to wreck the prosecutions. He stands a reasonable chance of doing that. I don't see him being the slightest bit deterred from trying to intimidate witnesses and potential jurors. It's possible some of his supporters will resort to violence against judges and prosecutors.

Wut an asshole...
OMG! This is actually damaging in a potentially alternative manner. I'm curious how dumbed down the Intel Briefing intel was. That they was on small notecards must imply it was really dumbed down.

Wut an asshole...
OMG! This is actually damaging in a potentially alternative manner. I'm curious how dumbed down the Intel Briefing intel was. That they was on small notecards must imply it was really dumbed down.

Apparently Trump had the attention span of a 1 year old when it came to intel briefings. Short bullets and lots of pictures

Trump is a gangster from top to bottom.
Why/how that FACT has eluded the American public for so long, baffles me. (I know, nothing unusual about that.)
Seriously, his gangster ways, his corruption, dishonesty, racism, misogyny, greed ... it was ALL public fucking knowledge in the 1980s/90s.
WHAT HAPPENED?

Why/how that FACT has eluded the American public for so long, baffles me. (I know, nothing unusual about that.)
Seriously, his gangster ways, his corruption, dishonesty, racism, misogyny, greed ... it was ALL public fucking knowledge in the 1980s/90s.
WHAT HAPPENED?

WHAT HAPPENED?

Much of it is toxic masculinity. Our culture admires mob boss behavior, lack of empathy, and violence/intimidation/posturing on the part of men. This is necessary for mediocre men to not feel bad about their mediocrity. Like, omg, what a great leader he is, not letting weaknesses like "thinking about others" get in his way. Even serial killers are presented as brilliant masterminds when they're really just intellectually mediocre at best and really just kind of stupid, cowardly mongrels with no good reason to not follow their urges.

Much of it is toxic masculinity.
I agree. Much of it is not that, though. Something to do with ignorance, apathy, laziness …
I refuse to believe that if 100% of voters knew Trump’s character, he’d would ever get above 20% of the votes (from the deplorables of course).

Oh, and stupidity. Trump seems to have a lock on the <80 IQ crowd. Very simple answers to very complex questions hold considerable appeal for the clueless.

Much of it is toxic masculinity.
I agree. Much of it is not that, though. Something to do with ignorance, apathy, laziness …
I refuse to believe that if 100% of voters knew Trump’s character, he’d would ever get above 20% of the votes (from the deplorables of course).

Oh, and stupidity. Trump seems to have a lock on the <80 IQ crowd. Very simple answers to very complex questions hold considerable appeal for the clueless.
And we both missed toxic religion and its stunted framework of abusive father figure being revered and never questioned and every authoritarian minded male among us thinking that is the pinnacle of human strength.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Much of it is toxic masculinity. Our culture admires mob boss behavior, lack of empathy, and violence/intimidation/posturing on the part of men. This is necessary for mediocre men to not feel bad about their mediocrity. Like, omg, what a great leader he is, not letting weaknesses like "thinking about others" get in his way. Even serial killers are presented as brilliant masterminds when they're really just intellectually mediocre at best and really just kind of stupid, cowardly mongrels with no good reason to not follow their urges.
They have plenty of good reasons, but they either choose to ignore them or are too dumb to figure out what those reasons are.

Most are just too dumb, but some are gnostically evil anyway because they are too weak to just kill themselves.

Republicans thought they could win by fostering/creating low-information emotional voters.
They succeeded.

The Republican voters did not change. They are the same people.

This is the Republican Party.
Since Nixon, the negroes, the fags, the gays, the immigrants, the terrorists (including Democrats), back to the negros... what are they hating tomorrow? This movement has been getting fostered for 50 years, and it is mutating into a brilliant collective of hyper partisan nonsense that can breed something like QAnon. The man they support for the nomination right now got one of his supporters killed trying to overthrow an election... and that is only because the officers in that building held back to military level firing discretion.

the officers in that building held back to military level firing discretion.

The price of such discretion is unacceptably high IMO.
I don’t blame the Capitol Police- they were under armed and vastly outnumbered.
I hope that’s not the case next time.

Florida hearing may determine if Trump’s Mar-a-Lago documents trial is delayed until after election

Former President Donald Trump will make another attempt on Wednesday to delay one of his scheduled criminal trials past the 2024 election – this time in a federal courtroom in Florida before Judge Aileen Cannon.

Trump’s lawyers have repeatedly complained to the judge in the Mar-a-Lago criminal document-mishandling case that they haven’t had proper access to classified evidence in the case as they prepare for a trial next May.

Those complaints have evolved into the Trump team asking Cannon to postpone the trial “until at least mid-November 2024.”

“After four months of delay, we were allowed to review for the first time documents that are critical to some of the serious felony charges” that special counsel Jack Smith has filed, Trump’s lawyers wrote to the court two weeks ago.

In response, Cannon put on hold October deadlines that she had set in the case and called a hearing for Wednesday afternoon in Ft. Pierce, Florida, at which she may consider just how much to push back the schedule, if at all.

That dick sucker judge is going to fuck us all.

If I was the prosecution, I'd argue that by November 2024, the legal team will have change two or three times. Best get it done with this team of lawyers until they quit due to lack of payment or no longer being able to manage their client.
Florida hearing may determine if Trump’s Mar-a-Lago documents trial is delayed until after election

Former President Donald Trump will make another attempt on Wednesday to delay one of his scheduled criminal trials past the 2024 election – this time in a federal courtroom in Florida before Judge Aileen Cannon.

Trump’s lawyers have repeatedly complained to the judge in the Mar-a-Lago criminal document-mishandling case that they haven’t had proper access to classified evidence in the case as they prepare for a trial next May.

Those complaints have evolved into the Trump team asking Cannon to postpone the trial “until at least mid-November 2024.”

“After four months of delay, we were allowed to review for the first time documents that are critical to some of the serious felony charges” that special counsel Jack Smith has filed, Trump’s lawyers wrote to the court two weeks ago.

In response, Cannon put on hold October deadlines that she had set in the case and called a hearing for Wednesday afternoon in Ft. Pierce, Florida, at which she may consider just how much to push back the schedule, if at all.

Not certain about the viability of the name calling here. This judge needs to be removed from the bench, no doubt, but oral sex should never be used as an insult, especially among those performing as such. It should be heralded, celebrated, beloved. :)

Not certain about the viability of the name calling here. This judge needs to be removed from the bench, no doubt, but oral sex should never be used as an insult, especially among those performing as such. It should be heralded, celebrated, beloved. :)
I would say it depends on who's dick is being sucked and for what purpose.

If y'all keep asking pointed questions about dick sucking, the whys and wherefores, I might oblige you. Is that what you want on IIDB?
Tom

Back
Top Bottom