• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Me Too" Judge Roy Moore

I have trained paint horses...
True, they generally lack the build to make the fluid moves of a cutting quarterhorse or working cow horse, and can't approach the elegance of an Arab. But a few months of decent training (for the horse) will make any paint responsive to knee and lower leg pressure and obviate the need to pull on its face. Hands-free stops, rollbacks, backups, side-passes etc. are just a step beyond that.
Of course training a rider is a much greater challenge - especially when they are obviously uninterested in the horse's point of view. The worst are those who are so insecure/macho that the horse is only an object with which to demonstrate their dominance, as in this asshole's case.

They are a "stiff" ride...
I did not know different breeds of horses offered you different ride like cars do. Is there also a trade off between comfortable ride and handling? :)

- - - Updated - - -

You know how when someone says something so completely stupid you just have to assume you must have heard incorrectly.. or it was a joke you didn't get.. or something like that? That's not this. This is actually the level of "wit" that the bottom third of our county has.
How the Moores found their lawyer:

I did not know different breeds of horses offered you different ride like cars do. Is there also a trade off between comfortable ride and handling? :)

Absolutely. Even a first-time rider can tell the difference between a Foxtrotter (or any gaited horse) and a Thoroughbred. That's the extreme.
There can big differences in the "feel" of horses of similar breeding and conformation as well, but not so radical that they would be obvious from the ground.

I have trained paint horses...
True, they generally lack the build to make the fluid moves of a cutting quarterhorse or working cow horse, and can't approach the elegance of an Arab. But a few months of decent training (for the horse) will make any paint responsive to knee and lower leg pressure and obviate the need to pull on its face. Hands-free stops, rollbacks, backups, side-passes etc. are just a step beyond that.
Of course training a rider is a much greater challenge - especially when they are obviously uninterested in the horse's point of view. The worst are those who are so insecure/macho that the horse is only an object with which to demonstrate their dominance, as in this asshole's case.

^^^ that

Ha ha! Did you see that moron riding off into the sunset to go vote? Dumb ass wears the costume, but has no clue how to ride a horse. Even I an urban guy, can see that.
Now how he rides a horse is made political.

Right, because his choice to ride the horse was never political in the first place.

Poor snowflakes - complaining that looking stupid/cruel shouldn't be politicized. Poor babies.
Maybe the snowflakes should advise their future pedophile heroes not to try to score political points by doing stuff for the cameras that flaunts their stupidity and cruelty.

Absolutely. Even a first-time rider can tell the difference between a Foxtrotter (or any gaited horse) and a Thoroughbred. That's the extreme.
There can big differences in the "feel" of horses of similar breeding and conformation as well, but not so radical that they would be obvious from the ground.

Totally.. Elixir prolly has way more diverse experience with horses than I do... I come from a Midwest horse family, but live in the Northeast...

Horses are as diverse as cars... to make an analogy, Roy's horse is a jeep with an itty bitty nitro tank. People seem to be judging him on how he is riding his jeep with a tee-shirt, shorts, sunglasses, and one arm hanging out the window instead of a suit and bowtie with both hands on the wheel at 10 and 2.. as if he is driving a limousine.

Quarter horses are not fun rides (I bet Elixir has a dozen ways to show I'm wrong about that, heh).. but it is a matter of personal preference. They are called quarter horses because they have only 4 strides (walk, trot, canter, gallop)... the strides relate to how they move their feet at different speeds... those are their forward gears (if they are cars). They have but 4 gears, and switching in and out of 2nd (trot) is a bitch.

Gated horses have one more stride (referred to as their gate). The walker I was making reference to has that extra stride between the walk and the trot.. I rode a Rhone for several years that had a wonderful gate just past the canter... when getting him up to speed it was like he lifted up off the ground like a glider... and he just loved to run...

Totally.. Elixir prolly has way more diverse experience with horses than I do... I come from a Midwest horse family, but live in the Northeast...

Horses are as diverse as cars... to make an analogy, Roy's horse is a jeep with an itty bitty nitro tank. People seem to be judging him on how he is riding his jeep with a tee-shirt, shorts, sunglasses, and one arm hanging out the window instead of a suit and bowtie with both hands on the wheel at 10 and 2.. as if he is driving a limousine.

Quarter horses are not fun rides (I bet Elixir has a dozen ways to show I'm wrong about that, heh).. but it is a matter of personal preference. They are called quarter horses because they have only 4 strides (walk, trot, canter, gallop)... the strides relate to how they move their feet at different speeds... those are their forward gears (if they are cars). They have but 4 gears, and switching in and out of 2nd (trot) is a bitch.

Gated horses have one more stride (referred to as their gate). The walker I was making reference to has that extra stride between the walk and the trot.. I rode a Rhone for several years that had a wonderful gate just past the canter... when getting him up to speed it was like he lifted up off the ground like a glider... and he just loved to run...

Uh, no, people were judging Moore on his inability to ride a horse properly and of tying the horse up improperly in such a way as to cause the horse discomfort and perhaps pain. Unnecessarily.

I'm not a rider--haven't been on horseback for at least 20 years but even I could see that either Moore was even more inexperienced than I am or that he just plain did not care at all about the horse and had no idea of the notion that horse and rider work together--nor did he care. He cared about making an entrance. He did, but not the kind he was aiming for.

What's unreasonable about the story?

Nothing, Loren. Nothing whatsoever. It's perfect.
I mean, when 30 or so people line up to spontaneously accuse you of being a pedophile, what better way to ease people's minds than to regale them with tales of your visit(s?) to child sex brothels!
It's perfect, I tellya.
:hysterical:

I was specifically referring to the brothel incident, not overall. Overall, I have no doubt he's into underage girls.

- - - Updated - - -

What I found interesting about the brothel story is how they left the 3rd guy that was with them there to fuck little girls. Look, if me and two other guys somehow end up in a brothel and there's little kid prostitutes running around, I'm on my way out, that's for sure, and I'm making sure those two guys that are with me are leaving too. Mr. Third guy doesn't get to stay and fuck little girls, not under my watch.

I wouldn't think that would be the safest course of action.

He was in the military, though--pass it up the chain of command that there's a kiddie brothel, let them get the locals to deal with it.

Ha ha! Did you see that moron riding off into the sunset to go vote? Dumb ass wears the costume, but has no clue how to ride a horse. Even I an urban guy, can see that.
Now how he rides a horse is made political.

Right, because his choice to ride the horse was never political in the first place.
Oh, I definitely think just about every thing Moore did publicly during the campaign was for political reasons.

Poor snowflakes - complaining that looking stupid/cruel shouldn't be politicized. Poor babies.
Maybe the snowflakes should advise their future pedophile heroes not to try to score political points by doing stuff for the cameras that flaunts their stupidity and cruelty.
Then I guess those wretched snowflakes ought to be out of luck, because about nobody would run for office in this highly contentious environment.

I love that someone made a twitter account for poor Sassy! "I'm just a horse! I didn't ask for this. Please if he wins he will ride me to Washington and I'm afraid of cars" :hobbyhorse:

Uh, no, people were judging Moore on his inability to ride a horse properly and of tying the horse up improperly in such a way as to cause the horse discomfort and perhaps pain. Unnecessarily.
I simply see riding horses as an unnecessary discomfort to them.

Bless ya!
I grew up around horses, but didn't ride whatsoever for about 20 years. First owned horses about 20 years ago. Since then I have been a serious student of the animals and have become a sometimes teacher of people who own them. As a rider... I think I'm pretty good on a cutting horse, but no matter HOW good you are, there is no shortage of people who are twice as good. What I AM really good at is reading their language, and communicating with them via body language. That came naturally, as soon as I internalized the knowledge that they are PREY animals, HERD animals and FLIGHT animals. WWYDIYWAH? (what would you do if you were a horse?)
Anyhow, that poor beast the pedophile is torturing in those videos is doing his best to refrain from what he really wants to do about the "rider" (which coincidentally is exactly what I'd like to do about him). He does NOT trust or accept the leadership of the pedophile, and is probably ruined for life. Makes me see red.

Gaited horses really are a dreamlike experience - Malintent describes the same feeling that I and virtually everyone I know who has ridden them expresses. (In few more years and I'll likely be relegated to only riding gaited horses - they're much easier to "sit".)
I also agree that on average, quarterhorses have rough gaits. But that's largely because nobody ever taught them to collect themselves, round their backs, break at the poll and keep their feet under them. They are perfectly able and willing to do that, but you have to invest the time and patience in them. Once they're there, they can be amazingly smooth. Much more so than most Thoroughbreds or Arabs (partly because they are usually smaller).
I truly love (most) horses, and I have one that I can trust with my life, and do so regularly. It's unlike any relationship with any other species...

Sorry for the thread drift, all.

Again, I'm no rider, although I've been on horseback a few times. With someone with my skill level (virtually non-existent) you are probably correct. It would take a strong and patient horse to carry me and teach me how to ride. From what I saw of Moore, him on horseback is simply terrible. I really felt bad for the horse who seemed miserable.

A good horse and rider relationship is truly that: a relationship, just as a good dog/person relationship is a relationship. My father was not particularly sentimental but he absolutely adored one of his hunting dogs: they worked exceptionally well together and she would have done anything for him. And he, for her. To see a human/animal who have formed that kind of bond work together is truly something wonderful.

In the case of Moore and that poor horse, you are correct: it was an unnecessary discomfort to the horse. It doesn't have to be like that and with a good rider matched with a good horse, it is not.

Again, I'm no rider, although I've been on horseback a few times. With someone with my skill level (virtually non-existent) you are probably correct. It would take a strong and patient horse to carry me and teach me how to ride. From what I saw of Moore, him on horseback is simply terrible. I really felt bad for the horse who seemed miserable.

A good horse and rider relationship is truly that: a relationship, just as a good dog/person relationship is a relationship. My father was not particularly sentimental but he absolutely adored one of his hunting dogs: they worked exceptionally well together and she would have done anything for him. And he, for her. To see a human/animal who have formed that kind of bond work together is truly something wonderful.

In the case of Moore and that poor horse, you are correct: it was an unnecessary discomfort to the horse. It doesn't have to be like that and with a good rider matched with a good horse, it is not.
But I'm saying with any rider, after all, we just pretend that some god made horses to be ridden. One reason why Moore doesn't care about horses is because I think many others do not care either. He believes that his version of a god created man to rule over animals, and even various atheists can buy into simple nature supplying much of this idea.

But I'm saying with any rider, after all, we just pretend that some god made horses to be ridden. One reason why Moore doesn't care about horses is because I think many others do not care either. He believes that his version of a god created man to rule over animals, and even various atheists can buy into simple nature supplying much of this idea.

Really? You think that I think that a good rider on a good horse is something I seems good because I believe that god made horses to be ridden?

No.

Are there people who believe that? Sure, just as there are people who believe that the earth is flat.

Do you believe that horses-- and all animals are better left in their 'natural state,' and untouched by humans?

Do you realize that there is a difference between domesticated animals and wild animals?

Bless ya!
I grew up around horses, but didn't ride whatsoever for about 20 years. First owned horses about 20 years ago. Since then I have been a serious student of the animals and have become a sometimes teacher of people who own them. As a rider... I think I'm pretty good on a cutting horse, but no matter HOW good you are, there is no shortage of people who are twice as good. What I AM really good at is reading their language, and communicating with them via body language. That came naturally, as soon as I internalized the knowledge that they are PREY animals, HERD animals and FLIGHT animals. WWYDIYWAH? (what would you do if you were a horse?)
Anyhow, that poor beast the pedophile is torturing in those videos is doing his best to refrain from what he really wants to do about the "rider" (which coincidentally is exactly what I'd like to do about him). He does NOT trust or accept the leadership of the pedophile, and is probably ruined for life. Makes me see red.

Gaited horses really are a dreamlike experience - Malintent describes the same feeling that I and virtually everyone I know who has ridden them expresses. (In few more years and I'll likely be relegated to only riding gaited horses - they're much easier to "sit".)
I also agree that on average, quarterhorses have rough gaits. But that's largely because nobody ever taught them to collect themselves, round their backs, break at the poll and keep their feet under them. They are perfectly able and willing to do that, but you have to invest the time and patience in them. Once they're there, they can be amazingly smooth. Much more so than most Thoroughbreds or Arabs (partly because they are usually smaller).
I truly love (most) horses, and I have one that I can trust with my life, and do so regularly. It's unlike any relationship with any other species...

Sorry for the thread drift, all.
I'm scared of horses and boy do they know it. I swear they laugh!

Back
Top Bottom