• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Me Too" Judge Roy Moore

Bless ya!
I grew up around horses, but didn't ride whatsoever for about 20 years. First owned horses about 20 years ago. Since then I have been a serious student of the animals and have become a sometimes teacher of people who own them. As a rider... I think I'm pretty good on a cutting horse, but no matter HOW good you are, there is no shortage of people who are twice as good. What I AM really good at is reading their language, and communicating with them via body language. That came naturally, as soon as I internalized the knowledge that they are PREY animals, HERD animals and FLIGHT animals. WWYDIYWAH? (what would you do if you were a horse?)
Anyhow, that poor beast the pedophile is torturing in those videos is doing his best to refrain from what he really wants to do about the "rider" (which coincidentally is exactly what I'd like to do about him). He does NOT trust or accept the leadership of the pedophile, and is probably ruined for life. Makes me see red.

Gaited horses really are a dreamlike experience - Malintent describes the same feeling that I and virtually everyone I know who has ridden them expresses. (In few more years and I'll likely be relegated to only riding gaited horses - they're much easier to "sit".)
I also agree that on average, quarterhorses have rough gaits. But that's largely because nobody ever taught them to collect themselves, round their backs, break at the poll and keep their feet under them. They are perfectly able and willing to do that, but you have to invest the time and patience in them. Once they're there, they can be amazingly smooth. Much more so than most Thoroughbreds or Arabs (partly because they are usually smaller).
I truly love (most) horses, and I have one that I can trust with my life, and do so regularly. It's unlike any relationship with any other species...

Sorry for the thread drift, all.
I'm scared of horses and boy do they know it. I swear they laugh!

They know a LOT.
And BTW, S45 is seriously misguided in her assessment of how a horse regards a rider, though she's probably right about how a horse might regard HER.
As a counter-example I'd offer my own horse, who likes nothing more than being ridden (by me) and comes running when he sees me with a halter. He'll jump right in the trailer if the door is open, and is eager to do whatever is in store, whether it's an easy trail ride or an exhausting two-day Versatility Ranch Horse competition (includes cutting, working cow horse, reining, pleasure, trail and halter classes).
Horses are herd animals and require a leader in order to stay sane. If a horse is not loose in a herd, but has a relationship with a human whom they truly trust (and who reciprocates that trust) then that human becomes the leader, and the horse willingly agrees with whatever suggestion is clearly communicated.

Again, I'm no rider, although I've been on horseback a few times. With someone with my skill level (virtually non-existent) you are probably correct. It would take a strong and patient horse to carry me and teach me how to ride. From what I saw of Moore, him on horseback is simply terrible. I really felt bad for the horse who seemed miserable.

A good horse and rider relationship is truly that: a relationship, just as a good dog/person relationship is a relationship. My father was not particularly sentimental but he absolutely adored one of his hunting dogs: they worked exceptionally well together and she would have done anything for him. And he, for her. To see a human/animal who have formed that kind of bond work together is truly something wonderful.

In the case of Moore and that poor horse, you are correct: it was an unnecessary discomfort to the horse. It doesn't have to be like that and with a good rider matched with a good horse, it is not.
But I'm saying with any rider, after all, we just pretend that some god made horses to be ridden. One reason why Moore doesn't care about horses is because I think many others do not care either. He believes that his version of a god created man to rule over animals, and even various atheists can buy into simple nature supplying much of this idea.

Really? You think that I think that a good rider on a good horse is something I seems good because I believe that god made horses to be ridden?

No.
I didn't say that.

Do you believe that horses-- and all animals are better left in their 'natural state,' and untouched by humans?
Better is highly opininated, as is natural state. I don't claim to know all of the answers in this issue.

Do you realize that there is a difference between domesticated animals and wild animals?
Of course, I also grew up on a small ranch.

And BTW, S45 is seriously misguided in her assessment of how a horse regards a rider, though she's probably right about how a horse might regard HER.
I didn't say how horses regard me, and probably one reason is because I honestly wouldn't know.
As a counter-example I'd offer my own horse, who likes nothing more than being ridden (by me) and comes running when he sees me with a halter. He'll jump right in the trailer if the door is open, and is eager to do whatever is in store, whether it's an easy trail ride or an exhausting two-day Versatility Ranch Horse competition (includes cutting, working cow horse, reining, pleasure, trail and halter classes).
This is just a simple example of being well-trained.
Horses are herd animals and require a leader in order to stay sane.
If even true, I do realize that horses accept other horses as leaders.
If a horse is not loose in a herd, but has a relationship with a human whom they truly trust (and who reciprocates that trust) then that human becomes the leader, and the horse willingly agrees with whatever suggestion is clearly communicated.
Good training once again.

If you watch the video of her speech, it comes across to me that she is trolling the media (and liberals) with her statement about having a Jew lawyer. I think she's well aware that people get their panties in a bunch whenever a conservative mentions their minority friends. In the video below, she stares straight ahead, waves and grins just before she says it (around the one minute mark).

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuQ8uyyooQ&t=85s[/YOUTUBE]

Ha ha! She's making people who aren't racist angry by saying racist things! That's so edgy! What an edgelord! I bet you wish you could be half as cool as her!

Of course, the fact that she's whining about people accusing her of racism while saying something racist kind of undermines that whole "cool kid edgelord" thing, but whatever. I see that you are impressed.

Back
Top Bottom