• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Me Too" Judge Roy Moore

If you watch the video of her speech, it comes across to me that she is trolling the media (and liberals) with her statement about having a Jew lawyer. I think she's well aware that people get their panties in a bunch whenever a conservative mentions their minority friends. In the video below, she stares straight ahead, waves and grins just before she says it (around the one minute mark).

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuQ8uyyooQ&t=85s[/YOUTUBE]
Coming off as a racist anti-semite is a sure way of trolling people. On the other hand, do you think that will help Roy Moore get votes or lose them?

I don't think it will have any effect. Everyone had pretty much made up their minds at that point.
I think it all helps, just as the interview I posted earlier. He brashly paraded around with a cowboy hat and gun to push a certain attitude, and these recent displays seem to continue that.

Exit polls show slight lead for Moore. 2 pt maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy Moore LOSES!

Alabama and the US win!

- - - Updated - - -

https://thinkprogress.org/speaker-a...-brothel-with-child-prostitutes-65c9819f8a1e/

According to this speaker, Roy Moore "accidentally" went to an underage brothel and left without spending any money.

Does anyone seriously believe this guy?

What's unreasonable about the story? He went where someone else took him. It's not like you're going to know it's an underage brothel from the outside.

Now, the question is why did he leave? Morals? Not into Vietnamese girls? Afraid of getting caught?

Someone doing something highly immoral and unusual isn't going to surprise invite others into their world.

So, for example, a serial killer isn't going to surprise invite his co-workers onto a murder-rape hunt of random joggers in Central Park!

Also, the co-workers aren't going to go "Hey no thanks," leave and then not mention it again for 50 years except when one of the co-workers is running for office to say "Hey look, my guy is not a serial killer cuz he had a chance and decided not to do it. Then didn't tell anyone for 50 years about the mass killer."

Roy Moore LOSES!

Alabama and the US win!

- - - Updated - - -

https://thinkprogress.org/speaker-a...-brothel-with-child-prostitutes-65c9819f8a1e/

According to this speaker, Roy Moore "accidentally" went to an underage brothel and left without spending any money.

What's unreasonable about the story? He went where someone else took him. It's not like you're going to know it's an underage brothel from the outside.

Now, the question is why did he leave? Morals? Not into Vietnamese girls? Afraid of getting caught?
Maybe the girls were too old for him.

Roy Moore LOSES!

Alabama and the US win!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he prefers white girls.

There's nothing unreasonable about the story, but it doesn't really address the issues that confront Moore. No one has accused him of consorting with underage prostitutes. What we need is a woman who Moore dated in the 70's, who was not a teenager at the time, to come forward and say she knew him very well, and never saw any evidence of the sort of things of which he is accused.

It would help if some of the people who worked with him at the time came forward and said the same thing.

If I ever found myself in Moore's situation, where I was accused of some unsavory actions a few decades back, I could quickly round up a dozen or so, old girlfriends, old friends, and former co-workers, who could tell what I was like in those days. I'm confident they wouldn't mind doing so, and I have no fear of what they might say.

The simple explanation of Moore's loss is that his story didn't pass the sniff test. If only one woman accuses you of something, it might be bogus. When more than one woman tells a similar story, it's not bogus. Anyone who has lived 10 years longer than their shoe size, as seen someone like Moore. The scenario has been played over and over again.

The good Christian people of Alabama had the luxury of hiding behind the "Nothing has been proved," shield, so they could still vote for him, but enough of them didn't and he lost.

Moore would have been better off to confess the truth, which left him free to claim that through the grace if Jesus Christ, he was a better man today, than he was 40 years ago. Why he didn't take this route is a mystery. I am certain, at least one person in his political organization, had to believe it was the best course. He'd be a Senator, today.

What's unreasonable about the story?

Nothing, Loren. Nothing whatsoever. It's perfect.
I mean, when 30 or so people line up to spontaneously accuse you of being a pedophile, what better way to ease people's minds than to regale them with tales of your visit(s?) to child sex brothels!
It's perfect, I tellya.
:hysterical:

Moore would have been better off to confess the truth, which left him free to claim that through the grace if Jesus Christ, he was a better man today, than he was 40 years ago. Why he didn't take this route is a mystery. I am certain, at least one person in his political organization, had to believe it was the best course. He'd be a Senator, today.
I thought of that right off the bat, of course, if he actually did it, but I didn't think that had to work either. Moore at least learned from Trump to not back down, yet it obviously didn't play out as well this time.

What I found interesting about the brothel story is how they left the 3rd guy that was with them there to fuck little girls. Look, if me and two other guys somehow end up in a brothel and there's little kid prostitutes running around, I'm on my way out, that's for sure, and I'm making sure those two guys that are with me are leaving too. Mr. Third guy doesn't get to stay and fuck little girls, not under my watch.

I thought of that right off the bat, of course, if he actually did it, but I didn't think that had to work either. Moore at least learned from Trump to not back down, yet it obviously didn't play out as well this time.

It wouldn't have worked for Trump because Trump couldn't point to 20 years of faithful family life. He would just be exchanging one pack of lies for another.

Moore didn't learn that trick from Trump. That's his nature and has been back to the days when Trump was just some guy from New York with a TV show. Moore got kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court because he would not back down. This was no different.

Roman Catholics go into a little closet to confess their sins and receive forgiveness. That's not the way it works in the Baptist Church. Confession is a public event, in front of the entire congregation. The sinner must admit to their wrong doing, ask forgiveness from God, followed by asking the same from friends and family, then give a pledge to do better.

There is no set ritual, but I have seen this done about a half dozen times and it's always the same opera.

It would have been easier for Moore. He could have said, "I laid my problem at the feet of Jesus, many years ago. I am not the same man I was, and through his grace, I am a better man." That would have been the end of the entire issue. It wouldn't matter if a hundred women came out.

It was Moore's insistence on clinging to an implausible lie which destroyed his chance to be elected.

It wouldn't have worked for Trump because Trump couldn't point to 20 years of faithful family life. He would just be exchanging one pack of lies for another.

Moore didn't learn that trick from Trump. That's his nature and has been back to the days when Trump was just some guy from New York with a TV show. Moore got kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court because he would not back down. This was no different.
Well, if he didn't learn this from Trump, he should have paid much better attention, because Trump is more of the master of it.

Roman Catholics go into a little closet to confess their sins and receive forgiveness. That's not the way it works in the Baptist Church. Confession is a public event, in front of the entire congregation. The sinner must admit to their wrong doing, ask forgiveness from God, followed by asking the same from friends and family, then give a pledge to do better.

There is no set ritual, but I have seen this done about a half dozen times and it's always the same opera.

It would have been easier for Moore. He could have said, "I laid my problem at the feet of Jesus, many years ago. I am not the same man I was, and through his grace, I am a better man." That would have been the end of the entire issue. It wouldn't matter if a hundred women came out.
For a politician? Politics is like a blood sport with many people rightly suspicious and having very long memories.

If you watch the video of her speech, it comes across to me that she is trolling the media (and liberals) with her statement about having a Jew lawyer. I think she's well aware that people get their panties in a bunch whenever a conservative mentions their minority friends. In the video below, she stares straight ahead, waves and grins just before she says it (around the one minute mark).

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuQ8uyyooQ&t=85s[/YOUTUBE]

You know how when someone says something so completely stupid you just have to assume you must have heard incorrectly.. or it was a joke you didn't get.. or something like that? That's not this. This is actually the level of "wit" that the bottom third of our county has.

Ha ha! Did you see that moron riding off into the sunset to go vote? Dumb ass wears the costume, but has no clue how to ride a horse. Even I an urban guy, can see that.

That's a Quarter Horse... a Paint, I think.. classic "cowboy" horse. They are a "stiff" ride... built for quick blasts of speed in a sprint, they are ungraceful horses, and cheap to buy. one would look different riding that horse than, say, a beautifully gated Tennessee Walker. If he looked like that on something like my first horse, he would be to blame... but no one is going to look "classy" on that Paint he was on.

honestly, if he looked all fancy equestrian on an expensive show horse looking dainty then I don't think it would have sent the message he was trying to send to the people he was trying to send it to.

Back
Top Bottom