• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Movie alphabet

L

Wifeboat

This 1944 Alfred Hitchcock survival thriller recounts the story of a couple marooned on a desert island, where the henpecked husband ultimately sets his spouse adrift in a tiny rowboat.

M

Rombots
Robin Williams' voice acting steals the show in this whimsical view of the secret lives of floor-cleaning automata.

O

Poopeye

The only movie Robin Williams regrets more than 'Can I Do It... 'Til I Need Glasses?' (The unasked for sequel to 'If You Don't Stop You'll Go Blind!')

P

Mink Flamingos

A genetic experiment goes awry, creating a bad tempered chimera. The giant long-legged orange rodent becomes known as "The Filthiest Thing Alive".

Q

QRV

Bob Munro, a Morse Code enthusiast, drives his dysfunctional family crazy, when he rents an RV for a road trip to the Colorado Rockies.
The title is a pun, invoking the 'Q' code for 'Are you ready?' (QRV) which Bob asks every time he enters and exits the RV.
By the third act, even the audience is rooting for the dysfunction.

R

The Obiwan Trail - Rough cut travelers in covered wagons brave the harsh wilderness and dangers of Tusken Raiders as they seek the hovel of an aging Jedi Master on the inhospitable planet of Tattoine.

S

Batman and Robbins

Millionaire Bruce Wayne teams up with self-help author Tony Robbins to get over his parents' deaths.

Just woke up. Dreamed i played this competitive.
My victory speech was a thank-you to those that helped me practice on this board.

But the game was, i got one movie title, and made all i could from it, adding one letter. I got The Sons Of Katie Elder.
I remember
The Songs of Katie Elder - John Wayne musical.
The Soons of Katie Elder - perpetually tardy Katie. "Are you ready? "Soon, soon."
The Sons of Katie's Elder - the only sister of seven brothers fights for daddy's attention
The Suns of Katie Elder - John Wayne's space opera, an explorer dedicating discoveries to his mom's meatloaf (not sure where that part of the dream came from....)(not IAW the stated rules, but dream-logic accepted it)
And finally, The Scorn of Katie Elder, which doesn't really fit the rules, either, but dream judge enjoyed this heartwarming tale of an old, independent woman beating anti-vaxx protesters with her broom.

... which reminds me ...

T

Prairies of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp shines as the son of Shamus Wylde (Michael Landon) in a folksy tale of hardship and adventure homesteading on the prairie in Jamaica, mon.

... which reminds me ...

T

Prairies of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp shines as the son of Shamus Wylde (Michael Landon) in a folksy tale of hardship and adventure homesteading on the prairie in Jamaica, mon.

How the fuck is that a T entry?

U

Dr. No, U!

Bond's first outing as a Double 0, he's paired with Agent 003, an older spy who is six days from retirement. Bond is hesitant to go first in any encounter, 003 is reluctant to go at all.
Every fight scene is delayed by a bout of 'Get him!' 'No, you!'
This eventually confuses Dr. No, and his assistant, Yu, foiling their evil plan.

V

Valley of the Beagles

A scientist's wife tries to steal his dog and run away to Russia.

W

Here Eagles Dare

British spies in WWII, fighting German operatives that turn out to be hiding in the Tower of London. Kinda sucks, being an independent, motivated, self-reliant operative where your boss can see you from his office's roof with a pair of binoculars.
"Phone call for you, Major Smith. It's him. Again."
"Bloody hell. Tell him I'm interrogating a prisoner."
"He says he can read lips, and no, you bloody well are not. Sir."

X

The P from Outer Space - Earth's inhabitants must learn to live the new normal of extra-terreststrial urination attacks.

Y

The Mellow Submarine

Air quality is always an issue in an underwater contained space, and becomes even more so when a bunch of potheads light up.

Z

Jakob The Lizar

Prisoner of a WWII ghetto, Jakob tries to raise morale by telling fabulous stories of an American weapon of coherent light, the lizar.
With the dreaded lizar on their tanks, blasting at the Germans, Jakob assures fellow Jews the long war is almost over.
"Look to the West! Look for the beam of ass kicking light!"

... which reminds me ...

T

How the fuck is that a T entry?

Arrrr, matey. I removed the T from Pirates, jumbled a couple letters around and added an ... ARRRRRR. Because these rules, they be more like guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom