• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Why liberals are so nuts wishing with all their hearts to have our ....

Im genuinely curious...Do you ever wonder why the Russians wanted Trump to win?

I am far from certain that Russians wanted Cheato to win. They loaded Hillary up with so much poison that having her in office might have been better for their long-term objective of destroying western democracy. Having lots of dirt on Trump hasn't panned out to be as great as they hoped - they didn't realize that everyone already knows what a scumbag he is. I mean sure, Cheato has been sitting on the new sanctions that were approved by congress instead of implementing them, America's influence worldwide is at the lowest level in centuries, and US society is more polarized than ever since the Civil War. But Trump's ineptitude has left them with the Magnistsky Act still in force, so Putin might end up sitting on hundreds of billions of Rubles until they're not worth the paper they're printed on. That's what really matters.

Why liberals are so nuts wishing with all their hearts to have our ....

Im genuinely curious...Do you ever wonder why the Russians wanted Trump to win?

I am far from certain that Russians wanted Cheato to win. They loaded Hillary up with so much poison that having her in office might have been better for their long-term objective of destroying western democracy. Having lots of dirt on Trump hasn't panned out to be as great as they hoped - they didn't realize that everyone already knows what a scumbag he is. I mean sure, Cheato has been sitting on the new sanctions that were approved by congress instead of implementing them, America's influence worldwide is at the lowest level in centuries, and US society is more polarized than ever since the Civil War. But Trump's ineptitude has left them with the Magnistsky Act still in force, so Putin might end up sitting on hundreds of billions of Rubles until they're not worth the paper they're printed on. That's what really matters.

His Presidency has destabilized the US and dramatically reduced its influence and power around the world, creating a vacuum which the Russians have been one of the main beneficiaries of.

I do agree that they didn't expect him to win and they were mainly doing it to undercut Clinton and give her more domestic problems to focus on and then they were in a "Well ... WTF do we do with this bullshit now?" type of situation, but it's kind of worked in their favour to a larger degree than they could have legitimately hoped for.

Before the election, FiveThirtyEight did make a point of saying that their poll aggregations showed a 1-in-3 chance that Trump could pull off an electoral victory. Neither the Russians or the Trump campaign seemed to really believe that they could pull it off, but the timing of the stolen email releases and the disinformation campaign targeting Hillary Clinton did have a huge effect in driving reducing enthusiasm for her candidacy. The Russians would likely have had less of an impact, if they had not had help from the Republican campaign in when and where to target the Wikipedia tranches and disinformation campaigns. It was a successful collaboration, but Putin got stiffed on the sanctions part of the deal in the end. So now he is experiencing a little buyer's remorse.

So another FBI official gone now, with GOP house voting to release their memo, while the White House is signalling it will not fulfill its duty to set sanctions against Russia. Also, there's no way I could stomach watching the SOU tomorrow.

So another FBI official gone now, with GOP house voting to release their memo, while the White House is signalling it will not fulfill its duty to set sanctions against Russia. Also, there's no way I could stomach watching the SOU tomorrow.

The House GOP has all but declared war on the FBI/DOJ with their bullshit "memo," and when Trump refuses to enforce the sanctions against Russia, you can bet they won't lift a finger. Trump will have effectively rescinded the authority of Congress, and they'll shrug and do nothing.

Mueller could come out with a laundry list of crimes, and these spineless slugs would probably give Trump a trophy.

"My fellow Americans, the State of Our Union is Fucked."

Good. I encourage everyone to boycott it. Nothing gets under Cheato's skin more than bad ratings.

The House GOP has all but declared war on the FBI/DOJ with their bullshit "memo," and when Trump refuses to enforce the sanctions against Russia, you can bet they won't lift a finger. Trump will have effectively rescinded the authority of Congress, and they'll shrug and do nothing.

Mueller could come out with a laundry list of crimes, and these spineless slugs would probably give Trump a trophy.

Yes. I just cannot overcome the feeling that this current crop of Republicans are just the most abysmal bunch in the history of ever...at least for our country. I really get the feeling that we are living in the last days of democracy, no hyperbole intended. We can either have rule of law or a Trump presidency, but not both. I feel like I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it seems we find a new basement of behavior not just for Trump, but for the GOP every single day. The law and order party are now the first to throw law and order out the window...for what? This president? Really? Also, it seems the dept of justice, FBI, CIA, etc. appear to just be rolling over with this pressure. Fucking incredible. These people are so convinced of their own lies and conspiracy theories about the "deep state" etc. that they feel justified in doing anything, including tossing out democracy to the wind.

Good. I encourage everyone to boycott it. Nothing gets under Cheato's skin more than bad ratings.

It already has the Best Ratings Ever. Just like how women got together the other day to celebrate Trump. The Ministry of Propaganda has spoken.

Yes. I just cannot overcome the feeling that this current crop of Republicans are just the most abysmal bunch in the history of ever...at least for our country. I really get the feeling that we are living in the last days of democracy, no hyperbole intended. We can either have rule of law or a Trump presidency, but not both. I feel like I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it seems we find a new basement of behavior not just for Trump, but for the GOP every single day. The law and order party are now the first to throw law and order out the window...for what? This president? Really? Also, it seems the dept of justice, FBI, CIA, etc. appear to just be rolling over with this pressure. Fucking incredible. These people are so convinced of their own lies and conspiracy theories about the "deep state" etc. that they feel justified in doing anything, including tossing out democracy to the wind.

All so true, especially the bolded part. But they're not doing it for Trump; this is their last chance to either grip power with both hands or lose it forever. And that's not hyperbole either. On other boards, people are talking about turning things around come November, but what makes them think the November elections are guaranteed? What makes them think that if the elections are held, that they'll be reliable?

Trump not enforcing sanctions against Russia is enormous.

I... fuck. I don't even know where to start without writing a fucking novella.

And now this bullshit memo... Americans are too ignorant and too apathetic to deserve to be a free nation. And I think that's what's going to happen. There is nothing the GOP won't do, and there's nothing Trump won't do out of either sheer ego, ignorance, spite, or plain malevolence. We're so fucked.

NBC News claims that Trump is thinking of asking the DOJ to prosecute Mueller:
NBC News said:
Instead, as is now becoming plain, the Trump strategy is to discredit the investigation and the FBI without officially removing the leadership. Trump is even talking to friends about the possibility of asking Attorney General Jeff Sessions to consider prosecuting Mueller and his team.
One cannot help but ask "for what?"

For daring to investigate Teh Donald, of course. Not illegal? No problem - hold my beer; we can pass a new law with 51 Rethuglican votes!

NBC News claims that Trump is thinking of asking the DOJ to prosecute Mueller:
NBC News said:
Instead, as is now becoming plain, the Trump strategy is to discredit the investigation and the FBI without officially removing the leadership. Trump is even talking to friends about the possibility of asking Attorney General Jeff Sessions to consider prosecuting Mueller and his team.
One cannot help but ask "for what?"
Mueller was served a bad drink at a Trump property 12 years ago. Clearly this is a personal vengeance investigation.

A Second Dossier On Trump?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/30/trump-russia-collusion-fbi-cody-shearer-memo

"The FBI inquiry into alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 US presidential election has been given a second memo that independently set out some of the same allegations made in a dossier by Christopher Steele, the British former spy.

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s.

Unlike Steele, Shearer does not have a background in espionage, and his memo was initially viewed with scepticism, not least because he had shared it with select media organisations before the election.

However, the Guardian has been told the FBI investigation is still assessing details in the ‘Shearer memo’ and is pursuing intriguing leads."

It really looks like this is a delay tactic until they can get Mueller fired.

Step One: Release Memo to public
Step Two: Trump has Rosenstein fired.
Step Three: Next guy comes in.
Step Four: He is fired.
Step Five: Recently appointed Yes-Man takes over.
Step Six: Yes-Man fires Mueller.
Step Seven: Unknown as to Mueller's involvement with NY and Virginia AGs and ability to shift files over. Would presume that he'd need to do so sometime during steps Two and Six.

Step Seven: Unknown as to Mueller's involvement with NY and Virginia AGs and ability to shift files over. Would presume that he'd need to do so sometime during steps Two and Six.
Step 8: Mueller, now a private citizen, starts dumping dirt on the media.
Step 9: Dems win the House and the Senate in fall elections.
Step 10: Cheato is impeached, indicted, convicted and jailed, along with his former Congresscritter co-conspirators.

Oh well... we can dream, can't we?

Step 8: Mueller, now a private citizen, starts dumping dirt on the media.
Step 9: Dems win the House and the Senate in fall elections.
Step 10: Cheato is impeached, indicted, convicted and jailed, along with his former Congresscritter co-conspirators.

Oh well... we can dream, can't we?

Dreaming is what most of the posters in this thread seem to be doing.

Rudy Giuliani's Deep State Explained

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/iHThQWzLTfs[/YOUTUBE]

I think Randi's coverage of the Russian collusion is even better than Rachel Maddows.

Back
Top Bottom