• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Why do you think you know what Mueller "feels"? What would be the motivation for that feeling you are (conveniently inventing) claiming he has? Why would that "feeling" matter?

Did you miss the word "probably"?

"Probably" means greater than 50% likelihood. So, you're going to have to prove that while you provide answers to his questions.

Trausti said:
And, in any case, it seems my hunch was right. Mueller is done with the "collusion" silliness and going for the low hanging fruit.

At the center of the widening probe are Tony Podesta, a longtime Democratic operative, and Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman and leader of his own high-powered lobbying firm, Mercury LLC. The two men were hired as part of a multimillion-dollar lobbying effort directed by Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates.

With the emphasis on the Ukrainian lobbying efforts, Mueller's criminal probe is moving beyond investigating ties between the Trump campaign and Russia and is aggressively pursuing people who worked as foreign agents without registering with the Justice Department. More witnesses are expected before the grand jury in coming weeks.

Be careful of what you ask for . . .

We are not partisans so that doesn't bother us.

Why do you think you know what Mueller "feels"? What would be the motivation for that feeling you are (conveniently inventing) claiming he has? Why would that "feeling" matter?

Did you miss the word "probably"? And, in any case, it seems my hunch was right. Mueller is done with the "collusion" silliness and going for the low hanging fruit.

At the center of the widening probe are Tony Podesta, a longtime Democratic operative, and Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman and leader of his own high-powered lobbying firm, Mercury LLC. The two men were hired as part of a multimillion-dollar lobbying effort directed by Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates.

With the emphasis on the Ukrainian lobbying efforts, Mueller's criminal probe is moving beyond investigating ties between the Trump campaign and Russia and is aggressively pursuing people who worked as foreign agents without registering with the Justice Department. More witnesses are expected before the grand jury in coming weeks.

Done with collusion???? The wishful thinking is strong in this one.

They sort of do, but this is really coming from Trump but he cannot say it directly. He needs to make it look like a lower level person wants it done. Hmmm....why does that sound familiar?

I suspect Sessions will be fired very soon. Trump will replace him with someone who will fire Mueller and start investigation of Clinton and the Dems.

Did you miss the word "probably"? And, in any case, it seems my hunch was right. Mueller is done with the "collusion" silliness and going for the low hanging fruit.

With Republicans in power, encouraging the FBI or other intelligence agencies to act politically could backfire in the Democrats, as the Repubicans are likely to use these organs much more ruthlessly against Democrats

Done with collusion???? The wishful thinking is strong in this one.

While Mueller is right to cover a wide area it is not clear yet whether there will be any related to allegations of Russian collusion or simply about charges of corruption.

And so what if he is? Papadopoulos did not commit any crimes except lie about insignificant shit.

Including "conspiracy against the United States," which you seem to have decided is... explain that again? He was conspiring with another Trump staffer "against the United States"?
No one has been convicted. Though the charge is so broad it might depend on who is adjudicating

So the Justice Dept. usually goes easy on influence peddlers who fail to identify and register themselves as agents of a foreign government and only punish those who lie about who they're really working for? That sounds pretty lenient.

A difference here is that Mueller probably feels he needs to show some results. So he went for the easy stuff the Justice Department usually ignores.

The whole circus is an embarrassment to the Untied States. Muller now is under pressure to find something....anything. He has to look like he is doing his job. He must make it look like the enormous sums of money being spent are worthwhile.

Including "conspiracy against the United States," which you seem to have decided is... explain that again? He was conspiring with another Trump staffer "against the United States"?
No one has been convicted. Though the charge is so broad it might depend on who is adjudicating
Um, Papadopoulos has been convicted.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole circus is an embarrassment to the Untied States. Muller now is under pressure to find something....anything. He has to look like he is doing his job. He must make it look like the enormous sums of money being spent are worthwhile.
Actually, Mueller is under pressure to stop looking for something, ANYTHING, and go away. Please try to keep up.

Is it just me, or is it laugh out loud funny listening to all of the news anchors saying Papadopoulos' name over and over.

Rachel Maddow's version of it is particularly hilarious, and I think she knows it, too

Um, Papadopoulos has been convicted.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Mueller is under pressure to stop looking for something, ANYTHING, and go away. Please try to keep up.

In a way, this is the flip side of the Ken Starr investigation. That was a Republican Congress basically saying "keep at this until you find something, ANYTHING to rid us of this pesky Clinton fellow."

What was finally found had nothing whatsoever to do with what they originally went after. Bubba perjured himself, and got impeached...but not over anything they tried to get him on.

A difference here is that Mueller probably feels he needs to show some results. So he went for the easy stuff the Justice Department usually ignores.

It's obvious he has a lot more than he filed. The thing is he has a very good reason not to file the important charges. Anything he filed can be pardoned by His Flatulence. However, His Flatulence can't pardon state charges so his real power is holding those over his head--cooperate or he passes his info off to the state prosecutors. Given the way New York's laws are written any incident he files on the state can't, thus his best approach is to not file those charges.

In a way, this is the flip side of the Ken Starr investigation. That was a Republican Congress basically saying "keep at this until you find something, ANYTHING to rid us of this pesky Clinton fellow."

What was finally found had nothing whatsoever to do with what they originally went after. Bubba perjured himself, and got impeached...but not over anything they tried to get him on.

Except in this case there's tons of misdeeds. The hard part is getting people to talk to nail the ones on top.

So the Justice Dept. usually goes easy on influence peddlers who fail to identify and register themselves as agents of a foreign government and only punish those who lie about who they're really working for? That sounds pretty lenient.

Given the Intelligence Report into Russian interference in the election was little more than a sick joke, I'm sure there was a big push for results. However I think it is correct to expand the area of investigation to see what comes up.

It is not clear at this point what the latest reports have to do with the purpose of the investigation.

Is it just me, or is it laugh out loud funny listening to all of the news anchors saying Papadopoulos' name over and over.

Rachel Maddow's version of it is particularly hilarious, and I think she knows it, too

From the nature of the information Papadopoulos is likely to be one of those to be named on Monday.

From the nature of the information Papadopoulos is likely to be one of those to be named on Monday.

Who is going to be named on Monday? More details please...

Trey Crowder "My man Bobby Muells is handing out full size justice bars for Halloween."

Except in this case there's tons of misdeeds. The hard part is getting people to talk to nail the ones on top.

What is it you anticipate will be found? What does "collusion" actually mean? I keep reading the hysterics that the Trump Campaign surely colluded with Putin and the Russians so just wait and see. Despite all the earlier pronouncements that the end of drumpf is nigh, this time Donnie Boy is going down.

DNv2eHaWsAABHCO.jpg

But colluded on what and for what purpose? I think Ford's take is right, that nothing will be found on "collusion." Yet, unlike Bubba, it will be everyone else who gets charged for other dirt (including Tony Podesta) and not Trump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom