• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

It was a decent game, but the commercials and half time shpw killed the continuity. Thankfully there were no commercials at the end and they were allowed to play it out without interruption.

The half time show reminded me of a strip club pole dance.

Call me old foamed. A 15 minijet marching band at half tome is enough.

Kyle Shanahan has now lost two Super Bowls when leading in the 4th quarter. He was the offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, who blew a 28-3 lead against the Patriots by going too conservative in their play-calling. Even Andy Reid hadn't done that.
If memory serves, only three teams have surrendered 10 or more pt 4th qtr leads in the Super Bowl. He was involved in two of them.

NFL players have come to an agreement with the league over a new collective bargaining agreement, which opens the way for an increase in salaries while also ushering in a 17-game season.

The new agreement will run until 2030. Immediate impacts will see players receive higher minimum salaries, improved benefits and less severe punishment for marijuana use. Rosters will increase from 53 to 55 players for each team, meaning there will be 64 more jobs for players in the league in the 2020 season. The players’ share of league income will also rise from the current 47% to as much as 48.5% by 2021. The NFL’s revenue was around $15bn in the 2018 season. There are also likely to be two additional playoff spots for the new season, with 14 teams making the postseason. That change was suggested by team owners and did not have to be approved by the NFLPA.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/15/nfl-players-cba-17-game-season

Good grief. Even with the extra money I don’t know why the players would agree to this.

Pats win, but only beat Dolphins. A couple collapses in the second half for the Lions, Eagles. Browns... were the Browns.

How 'bout them cowboys! I have no idea how good they really are, but today's was a hell of a game.

Cam Newton and the Pats lost, but it was a pretty good game. Newton has some rust he still needs to work off, but he shined at times too.

How 'bout them cowboys! I have no idea how good they really are, but today's was a hell of a game.

I'm glad I'm not a Falcon fan; I would have gone apoplectic watching 5 players watch a slowly rolling onside kick and not fall on it.

Jets! Yeah baby! New York freakin Jets baby! Super Bowl all the way! Yeah baby!!....

:rolleyes: :eek:

Jets! Yeah baby! New York freakin Jets baby! Super Bowl all the way! Yeah baby!!....

The Jets managed to avoid serious injuries against San Francisco, while the Niners lost four key players, allegedly due to field conditions. Maybe none of the Jets run fast enough to cause an injury.

The Jets managed to avoid serious injuries against San Francisco, while the Niners lost four key players, allegedly due to field conditions. Maybe none of the Jets run fast enough to cause an injury.

The Jets should change their name to the Redshirts, because they always die before the plot thickens. I've been waiting over 50 years! :mad:

The Jets should change their name to the Redshirts, because they always die before the plot thickens. I've been waiting over 50 years! :mad:
A franchise so bad, they have to play in Northern New Jersey where people won't notice the stench. A team so bad, it made Parcells quit his job! And he coached the hapless Patriots into winners!

A franchise so bad, they have to play in Northern New Jersey where people won't notice the stench. A team so bad, it made Parcells quit his job! And he coached the hapless Patriots into winners!

Hey now, only a Jets fan can dis the Jets! :mad:

Hey now, only a Jets fan can dis the Jets! :mad:
You fucking stole Parcells, Belichick, and our hall of fame running back, you monster! And then one of your goons hit Drew Bledsoe and took him out for half the season...

oh yeah

Nevermind. :D

One week later...

:censored2: Jets! I've been waiting fifty one :censored2: years for those :censored2: bloody wretched :censored2: bastards to win the Super Bowl again. I was bloody five :censored2: years old when Broadway Joe pulled off a miracle. So what do I get for becoming an instant and :censored2: devoted :censored2: Jets fan? Five :censored2: decades of bloody wretched miserable :censored2: hopelessness and bloody :censored2: despair!

Friends of mine became Cowboys fans, Dolphins fans, Steelers fans - bloody :censored2: winners! Me? I get the pathetic bloody miserable wretched :censored2: Jets! All those wasted :censored2: years! All that :censored2: popcorn, all those bloody wretched little :censored2: wieners wrapped in bisquit, all those bloody :censored2: Pringles, hot wings, and bloody miserable cans of :censored2: beer, all for :censored2: nothing! What a bloody miserable wretched waste of a half a :censored2: century! What a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: waste of a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: life!

(with thanks to Monty Python.)

Go Jets! :joy:

One week later...

:censored2: Jets! I've been waiting fifty one :censored2: years for those :censored2: bloody wretched :censored2: bastards to win the Super Bowl again. I was bloody five :censored2: years old when Broadway Joe pulled off a miracle. So what do I get for becoming an instant and :censored2: devoted :censored2: Jets fan? Five :censored2: decades of bloody wretched miserable :censored2: hopelessness and bloody :censored2: despair!

Friends of mine became Cowboys fans, Dolphins fans, Steelers fans - bloody :censored2: winners! Me? I get the pathetic bloody miserable wretched :censored2: Jets! All those wasted :censored2: years! All that :censored2: popcorn, all those bloody wretched little :censored2: wieners wrapped in bisquit, all those bloody :censored2: Pringles, hot wings, and bloody miserable cans of :censored2: beer, all for :censored2: nothing! What a bloody miserable wretched waste of a half a :censored2: century! What a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: waste of a bloody wretched miserable :censored2: life!

(with thanks to Monty Python.)

Go Jets! :joy:

Yea, I'm sorry to say that you guys don't look so good. Being a Pac-12 guy, I really like Sam Darnold. Looks like the Jets will get the number one draft pick. Do you think they should draft Lawrence (whom some people say will be the next messiah!) or trade down, get a boat load of draft picks, and get some talent around Darnold?

Back
Top Bottom