• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Olympics off to a swell start

The USA-Serbia mens bball game was the most intense game I've seen from USA. A fun, satisfying win. Serbia led by double digits most of the game, US didn't lead till about 2 minutes to go. Curry and Embid came up huge after being quiet all tournament. Clutch scores by Lebron and Durant at the end. Serbia was hot for 3 quarters but faltered in the fourth. The other teams can keep up and outscore the US for stretches by getting hot from 3, but they need to do it for the whole game to win, the US is too consistent in getting their points without relying on the 3. That goes for the women's team too.
At last someone besides me on the board who appreciates basketball, for at least one game! I am really looking forward to the gold medal game, which starts in about 3 1/2 hours as I write this. Watching women's soccer now.
I got turned off by the “Dream Team” talk. These guys would lose by 20 to the originals.
Let's not get started on a LeBron vs MJ discussion. The game is a different game today and the international competition far superior today, thanks in large part to the original dream team
Lebrun may have been the worst player on the floor in Q4. Turnover machine. Curry was a stone cold assassin. 12 points in 2 minutes.

The USA-Serbia mens bball game was the most intense game I've seen from USA. A fun, satisfying win. Serbia led by double digits most of the game, US didn't lead till about 2 minutes to go. Curry and Embid came up huge after being quiet all tournament. Clutch scores by Lebron and Durant at the end. Serbia was hot for 3 quarters but faltered in the fourth. The other teams can keep up and outscore the US for stretches by getting hot from 3, but they need to do it for the whole game to win, the US is too consistent in getting their points without relying on the 3. That goes for the women's team too.
At last someone besides me on the board who appreciates basketball, for at least one game! I am really looking forward to the gold medal game, which starts in about 3 1/2 hours as I write this. Watching women's soccer now.
I got turned off by the “Dream Team” talk. These guys would lose by 20 to the originals.
Let's not get started on a LeBron vs MJ discussion. The game is a different game today and the international competition far superior today, thanks in large part to the original dream team
Lebrun may have been the worst player on the floor in Q4. Turnover machine. Curry was a stone cold assassin. 12 points in 2 minutes.
GUpfDNiX0AAYDlu

‘Total humiliation’: Jakob Ingebrigtsen’s 1500m

Jakob Ingebrigtsen failed to deliver the gold medal he had confidently predicted...
Great bunch, the Norwegians, but you wouldn’t like them when they’re angry...

He rebounded from the utter humiliation and won the 5K, he'll be okay.

The USWNT is back! They had some scares early, but then locked it down like they did all tournament.

USA-France got close in the 4th, but Curry said not today, World. So nice to cheer for Durant and Curry for a change.

Most of America is like:

Lebrun may have been the worst player on the floor in Q4. Turnover machine. Curry was a stone cold assassin. 12 points in 2 minutes

Lebron stunk in the 4th, but he was probably the most reliable in 4th quarter till then. I'd say he and Booker were probably most consistent overall. None of them were great or good every game. Curry went 1 for 9 earlier.

And now the best of breaking at the Olympics...

This has to be the most iconic moment of the Paris Olympics. ,

I wonder, is this deliberate and does Australia hate breakdancing so much that they never want to see it come back to the Olympics again?

Yes.
cunning plan.jpg

My father can rememeber when blokes used to do move like that to get of of their Nasho (National service) in the forces.

An Australian gets perverse delight in beating (in the following order) certain countries
1. NZ
2. UK
3. USA

Congrats to the Aust. Women's water polo for beating the Yanks. :hysterical::floofsmile:
It only matters in sports that we care about. Water polo, equestrian, wall climbing, fencing... don't care.

Except for the constant arbitrary penalties, water polo is the best.
I am forever impressed how they manage to stop the horses from drowning in the water polo games.

EPIC!!!!!!!!
As a person in NE Ohio, it is an odd feeling not wanting Curry to be hit by a bus and not being scared that he is shooting another three pointer. ;)

Funny that Curry posted an image asking "Are we world champs yet?" in reference to a comment made by Noah Lyles due to US sports league champs being "World" champions. The trouble is, the US Basketball team isn't an NBA team, to Curry didn't quite get it still.

Back
Top Bottom