• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

Immigrants are often very unreliable witnesses with respect to life in their original countries. So you maybe ignorant but immigrants may not be objective and have all kind of incentives to exaggerate or even lie about the countries they left. I have seen immigrants going out of their way to be more American than actual Americans.

Yeah, I'm sure Lieutenant Colonel Vindman misses the old fishing hole back home where he went with his dad, those weekend shopping trips with mom, playing sports with his brother, all his schoolmates ... his loyalty to the USA is probably outweighed by those memories.

Oh, wait... he was three fucking years old. :rolleyes:
Dude, you clearly have some reading comprehension problems.

but lets not get beyond that, cause there are millions and millions of Russians (including me) who understand legacy of Soviet totalitarianism way way better than him.
Of course you do. After all wasn't it you who told us that Ukrainians not soviet-client brought down that passenger jet over eastern Ukraine?

What the fuck are you talking about? And how the fuck is that relevant to the fact that Vindman was 4 year old when he left USSR?

His father schooled him in soviet issues. He and his brother are both more successful that are you, else you wouldn't be wandering around in this amateur's wasteland making claims about incidents of which you obviously have little knowledge.

Oh, by the way, that's the relevant part.

What the fuck are you talking about? And how the fuck is that relevant to the fact that Vindman was 4 year old when he left USSR?

His father schooled him in soviet issues. He and his brother are both more successful that are you, else you wouldn't be wandering around in this amateur's wasteland making claims about incidents of which you obviously have little knowledge.

Oh, by the way, that's the relevant part.

There are lots of people who are more successful than me, Trump for example, or any republicans in the Congress for that matter or even Mark Zuckerberg. I am not sure where are you going with this. That being said I am way way way smarter and way way way more educated than Vindman in pretty much anything besides probably US infantry stuff and yes, I suck at being successful and obviously do wander in this amateur wasteland.
So, why are you discussing me here?

Well you don't really know a damn thing about Vindman yet you opinion as if .... So I'm just leveling the playing field of non relevance so everybody knows what is being done. As for being anything you claim, without certifications your statements are as meaningless as those of Nunes. Because of the feckless Nunes republicans added Jordan to bring some substance or something, which hasn't really been demonstrated beyond a laugh fest yesterday, to their side. As for anything being out weighed Vindman was clear in his loyalty to the US, well beyond the need to give any merit to your specious speculation.

Beyond the food fight over what constitutes impeachable nothing has yet been settled. Soon we'll have direct evidence of Trump calling for Biden and Biden investigations just like the republicans on the committee are already admitting by requesting them to come before the committee.

If there is going to be a successful impeachment the courts will need weigh in on obstruction of justice merit of withholding testimony to congress by members of the executive branch. So the republicans won't get their way in having a failed impeachment to wave in front of voters. I suspect that when a new senate is elected next November that the way may be paved to remove Trump is he wins the election.

Of course Trump is dumb enough to put his foot into the works which could lead to both he and Pence being removed from office next spring.

It's the long game we need be looking at here.

Well you don't really know a damn thing about Vindman yet you opinion as if .... So I'm just leveling the playing field of non relevance so everybody knows what is being done. As for being anything you claim, without certifications your statements are as meaningless as those of Nunes. Because of the feckless Nunes republicans added Jordan to bring some substance or something, which hasn't really been demonstrated beyond a laugh fest yesterday, to their side. As for anything being out weighed Vindman was clear in his loyalty to the US, well beyond the need to give any merit to your specious speculation.

Beyond the food fight over what constitutes impeachable nothing has yet been settled. Soon we'll have direct evidence of Trump calling for Biden and Biden investigations just like the republicans on the committee are already admitting by requesting them to come before the committee.

If there is going to be a successful impeachment the courts will need weigh in on obstruction of justice merit of withholding testimony to congress by members of the executive branch. So the republicans won't get their way in having a failed impeachment to wave in front of voters. I suspect that when a new senate is elected next November that the way may be paved to remove Trump is he wins the election.

Of course Trump is dumb enough to put his foot into the works which could lead to both he and Pence being removed from office next spring.

You sound as if I am some kind of trumper or supporter of republicans, which is simply ridiculous. I hated that stupid piece of shit long before birthergate.

All this money and effort wasted on a useless witchunt which is destined to fail instead of doing the job of governing the nation for the good of all.

Hopefully most Americans will punish the Dems in both the next congress as well as the senate and for the White house in the coming day of reckoning!

Angelo, why is it a useless witchhunt?

Is it your position that Donald Trump did nothing wrong?

Or is it that what he did was not wrong enough to justify an impeachment?

All this money and effort wasted on a useless witchunt which is destined to fail instead of doing the job of governing the nation for the good of all.
For those playing at home... the Hotel Owner guy who gave the Trump Inauguration $1 million and then became the Ambassador to the EU testified that there was a Quid Pro Quo... and the top eschelon of the Trump Admin (Pres, VP, SoS) all knew about it. And the Amabassador was still pulling punches in order to reduce the potential for perjury charges.

The US President was using access to him and $400 million to pressure a US ally (a guy that was newly elected and complete new to politics) that was under pressure from a US adversary to publicly humiliate a political opponent of the US President. The US President released a doctored transcript that demonstrates this, and we have several officials confirming the details. This is abuse of power, among other potential crimes.

This isn't a witch hunt. The GOP investigations into Clinton was an actual witch hunt. This is an investigation into abuse of power that Trump is so excruciatingly guilty of, that we are even discussing it as a 'witch hunt' is enough to give someone a stroke.

Hopefully most Americans will punish the Dems in both the next congress as well as the senate and for the White house in the coming day of reckoning!
That'll come do to the GOP in the Senate. The GOP is running out of defenses for Trump. They are pretty much down to "Trump didn't explicitly say to Sondland that it was 'CNN interview for arms'". But we've got the transcript to cover that gap.

President Ellipsis said:
I have been watching people making phone calls my entire life. My hearing is, and has been, great. Never have I been watching a person making a call, which was not on speakerphone, and been able to hear or understand a conversation. I’ve even tried, but to no avail. Try it live!
Umm... yes... I have... many have... it isn't that hard. If the volume is high enough, it is quite doable. Of course, the question could be why was this call on a private phone as well.

President Ellipsis said:
I have been watching people making phone calls my entire life. My hearing is, and has been, great. Never have I been watching a person making a call, which was not on speakerphone, and been able to hear or understand a conversation. I’ve even tried, but to no avail. Try it live!
Umm... yes... I have... many have... it isn't that hard. If the volume is high enough, it is quite doable. Of course, the question could be why was this call on a private phone as well.

Ya, you can hear other people's voices over phones in public all the time. Perhaps not if you're an unhealthy guy in your 70s who never exercises and who's body is falling apart, but that doesn't describe the diplomats in question.

Trump’s very large, very strange Sharpie notes on Sondland’s testimony - Vox - I thought that this was some satire of the President when I first learned about it, but it is real.

On a notepad: "I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO. TELL ZELLINSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. THIS IS THE FINAL WORD FROM THE PRES OF THE U.S."

The letter was written in big letters with a Sharpie, and the text occupied the entire page.

Sondland: No, There was no "Quid Pro Quo"

Colon, then quotes? I'm starting to think Tucker Carlson is a political hack.

Fox News indicated that Sondland noted "When I asked "The President about whether "we are conditioning an "investigation or "quid pro quo" to an appearance with "Trump or the missiles", he "responded yes".

Trump’s very large, very strange Sharpie notes on Sondland’s testimony - Vox - I thought that this was some satire of the President when I first learned about it, but it is real.

On a notepad: "I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO. TELL ZELLINSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. THIS IS THE FINAL WORD FROM THE PRES OF THE U.S."

The letter was written in big letters with a Sharpie, and the text occupied the entire page.
His vision sucks. Hence the big marker... and big letters. He is too vain for glasses.

You sound as if I am some kind of trumper or supporter of republicans, which is simply ridiculous. I hated that stupid piece of shit long before birthergate.

When one trucks in unsupported bits one risks being associated with Trump. Good catch.

Immigrants are often very unreliable witnesses with respect to life in their original countries. So you maybe ignorant but immigrants may not be objective and have all kind of incentives to exaggerate or even lie about the countries they left. I have seen immigrants going out of their way to be more American than actual Americans.

Yeah, I'm sure Lieutenant Colonel Vindman misses the old fishing hole back home where he went with his dad, those weekend shopping trips with mom, playing sports with his brother, all his schoolmates ... his loyalty to the USA is probably outweighed by those memories.

Oh, wait... he was three fucking years old. :rolleyes:
Dude, you clearly have some reading comprehension problems.

Show me, O hollowed out one. Where has Vindman exhibited the emotional blindness to life in Ukraine that you are touting?
"More American than most Americans" is not the exclusive province of immigrants, either. In fact it belongs to 49.9% of Americans, no matter how you define it.

Back
Top Bottom