• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

Talking heads at CNN insist that it's a fact that it was Putin. To me it's another "17 agencies" and "high confidence" fiasco. Putin became a convenient target for blaming everything on him.

I don't believe that is quite accurate. What I have heard is that several of Putin's operatives known to have had contact with Rudi, are credited with spinning the "Ukraine, not Russia" fantasy and encouraging Rudi. Igor and Lev to promote it, while also trying to make a case that the firing of the corrupt prosecutor Shokin was entirely on Joe Biden, and was itself a corrupt act.
Sorry I can't remember all the long Russian names...

Meanwhile, all this B/S is aiding Trump in securing a second term.

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019...chment-and-presidential-election-preferences/

Yes, because the Republicans are having so much fun carrying Putin's water for him. :rolleyes:
Record debt and deficits are great, and when growth slows to a crawl and the economic house of cards falls, it will be another opportunity to blame Hillary and Obama.
Yeah, Trump is a lock for sure, unless Dems take advantage of newly legalized foreign interference in elections, and recruit Iran to help them get rid of Cheato. I think the press will reward them mightily. :)

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019...chment-and-presidential-election-preferences/
A couple reflections, firstly, the dip is within the margin of error.

Secondly, this is disturbing:
article said:
The November results also find that 52 percent say they believe Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Trump’s political rivals
That means 12% polled think Trump asked a foreign government to investigate Biden... and don't care.

38% also think Trump did nothing wrong. So even with the testimony, his supporters just don't give a fuck.

Talking heads at CNN insist that it's a fact that it was Putin. To me it's another "17 agencies" and "high confidence" fiasco. Putin became a convenient target for blaming everything on him.

I don't believe that is quite accurate. What I have heard is that several of Putin's operatives known to have had contact with Rudi, are credited with spinning the "Ukraine, not Russia" fantasy and encouraging Rudi. Igor and Lev to promote it, while also trying to make a case that the firing of the corrupt prosecutor Shokin was entirely on Joe Biden, and was itself a corrupt act.
As I said, every bad guy is automatically linked to Putin, even though they are americans who emigrated from Ukraine and all the bad stuff they do is linked to Ukraine. And no, their long names are not russian, they are not even ukrainian, they are Jewish, all these soviet-americans are Jewish - Fruman, Parnas, Vindman, Golodryga, Brin..... Kunis :), these are all jewish last names, and none of them has any links to Putin. Stop promoting this crazy conspiracy theory that this latest ukrainian crap has something to to with Putin/Russia.

Last edited:

As I said, every bad guy is automatically linked to Putin

You mis-spelled "financially".

As I said, every bad guy is automatically linked to Putin

You mis-spelled "financially".
Dude, these $500K these two americans funneled to Trump were from Ukrainian oligarch.
You are no better than trumpers with their "It was Ukraine, not Russia" conspiracy theory.
Why would Putin even bother sending Trump money? what for?

A couple reflections, firstly, the dip is within the margin of error.

Secondly, this is disturbing:
article said:
The November results also find that 52 percent say they believe Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Trump’s political rivals
That means 12% polled think Trump asked a foreign government to investigate Biden... and don't care.

38% also think Trump did nothing wrong. So even with the testimony, his supporters just don't give a fuck.

More importantly (emphasis mine):

The poll was conducted Nov. 13-17, 2019. The sample included 801 registered voters in Wisconsin interviewed by cell phone or landline, with a margin of error of +/- 4.1 percentage points.

That was before Sondland's revised testimony and Dr. Hill's and Holme's devastating and detailed testimony. Note from the piece (emphasis mine):

In the new poll, 40 percent of registered voters think that Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 53 percent do not think so and 6 percent say that they do not know.

In October, before public hearings began, 44 percent favored impeachment and removal from office, while 51 percent were opposed, and 4 percent said they didn’t know.

The November results also find that 52 percent say they believe Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Trump’s political rivals, while 29 percent believe Trump did not do this. Eighteen percent say they don’t know if Trump asked this or not.

Forty-one percent believe Trump withheld military aid to pressure the Ukrainian president to investigate Trump’s political rivals, while 38 percent do not believe Trump did this and 21 percent say they don’t know.

Forty-two percent say that Trump did something seriously wrong in his dealings with Ukraine, 9 percent say he did something wrong but not seriously so, and 38 percent say Trump did nothing wrong. Eleven percent say they don’t know.
Independents are the most likely group to say they don’t know if Trump did either of these things, with 33 percent saying they don’t know whether he asked for an investigation and 41 percent saying they don’t know whether he withheld aid.

It will be interesting to see their next poll to see where those on the fence lie now.

Last edited:
Trump's been vindicated. No evidence so far.

Leftists are insane. First, they claim, "We need to stop giving foreign aid to other countries! It's a waste of money! We need that money for America!" Then it's, "How dare Trump not give them aid!"

(Even though Trump didn't withhold the aid, leftists think he did and are mad about this.)

It's all just a pile of Schiff.

How's the flat earth proof coming along?

That's the question for leftists who think Trump is sunk with no evidence of a quid pro quo.

You really haven't been paying attention, have you.

76760069_3223066851119680_5146353736758591488_n.jpg

I suppose if you only get your information from Fox News you might believe that. They are lying to you.

Three people, one of them a huge Trump supporter, all witnesses with direct knowledge testified under oath that there was a quid pro quo.

It's also notable that the people who are held up as counter-witnesses all refuse to testify under oath. As Judge Napolitano said on Fox News, this is also incriminating evidence.

Tell the truth, Halfie. If this was Obama and not Trump, how would you react?

So the former Ambassador to the Ukraine was slandered and whatnot before getting recalled. It should be noted that Trump could have just recalled her. Regardless, Gordon Sondland, despite his testimony... is still the US Ambassador to the EU. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

So the former Ambassador to the Ukraine was slandered and whatnot before getting recalled. It should be noted that Trump could have just recalled her. Regardless, Gordon Sondland, despite his testimony... is still the US Ambassador to the EU. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

Too public right now and it would confirm his testimony. By keeping him in his job, it makes it look like Trump isn't guilty as fuck. And it's just Ukraine. You wouldn't say "to the China" would you?

And hello collusion my old friend...

Charges of Ukrainian Meddling? A Russian Operation, U.S. Intelligence Says:

Moscow has run a yearslong operation to blame Ukraine for its own 2016 election interference. Republicans have used similar talking points to defend President Trump in impeachment proceedings.

In a briefing that closely aligned with Dr. Hill’s testimony, American intelligence officials informed senators and their aides in recent weeks that Russia had engaged in a yearslong campaign to essentially frame Ukraine as responsible for Moscow’s own hacking of the 2016 election, according to three American officials. The briefing came as Republicans stepped up their defenses of Mr. Trump in the Ukraine affair.

The revelations demonstrate Russia’s persistence in trying to sow discord among its adversaries — and show that the Kremlin apparently succeeded, as unfounded claims about Ukrainian interference seeped into Republican talking points. American intelligence agencies believe Moscow is likely to redouble its efforts as the 2020 presidential campaign intensifies. The classified briefing for senators also focused on Russia’s evolving influence tactics, including its growing ability to better disguise operations.
The accusations of a Ukrainian influence campaign center on actions by a handful of Ukrainians who openly criticized or sought to damage Mr. Trump’s candidacy in 2016. They were scattershot efforts that were far from a replica of Moscow’s interference, when President Vladimir V. Putin ordered military and intelligence operatives to mount a broad campaign to sabotage the American election. The Russians in 2016 conducted covert operations to hack Democratic computers and to use social media to exploit divisions among Americans.

This time, Russian intelligence operatives deployed a network of agents to blame Ukraine for its 2016 interference. Starting at least in 2017, the operatives peddled a mixture of now-debunked conspiracy theories along with established facts to leave an impression that the government in Kyiv, not Moscow, was responsible for the hackings of Democrats and its other interference efforts in 2016, senior intelligence officials said.

Which, of course, now raises the question--once again--did Useful Idiot Trump just once again get duped by Putin or is this yet another example of collusion?

The answer is, of course, painfully obvious to anyone without an agenda.

Meanwhile, the jury and defendant team up to strategize the Impeachment Trial in the Senate.
article said:
During a Thursday meeting with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, a group of Republican senators including Mike Lee of Utah, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ted Cruz of Texas, spoke about how a Senate trial should be conducted if the House votes to impeach Trump.

Meanwhile, the jury and defendant team up to strategize the Impeachment Trial in the Senate.
article said:
During a Thursday meeting with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, a group of Republican senators including Mike Lee of Utah, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ted Cruz of Texas, spoke about how a Senate trial should be conducted if the House votes to impeach Trump.

from article said:
One GOP lawmaker told CNN that right now conversations are happening to temper the expectations of the President as to what is possible. The case being made is that a full trial provides the President with the ability to clear his name and, the lawmaker notes, cutting off the process early could make it look like he has something to hide.

The longer the trial the better at this point.

No more strange than president Trump.

Documentcloud-State Department Records of Giuliani and Ukraine-Related Communications with Department Officials, Including Secretary Pompeo

Records from the Department of State in response to American Oversight’s request for external communications with the president’s personal attorneys, including Rudy Giuliani, regarding efforts to influence the Ukrainian government to investigate the president’s political opponents. These records also contain any final directives related to the recall of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, a career official, from Ukraine. (Case: 19-2934)

So, is Adam Shiff going to subpoena Devin Nunes? :)

For context: Giuliani associate willing to testify Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official, attorney says https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBXctgD

Nunes is notably absent from this list: "During a Thursday meeting with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, a group of Republican senators including Mike Lee of Utah, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ted Cruz of Texas spoke about how a Senate trial should be conducted if the House votes to impeach Trump."

Has the FOIA document dump rendered Nunes toxic to the trumpista conspirators, or is he out of the loop only because he is a House member?

I want to go through those docs when I have the time... has anyone else perused them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom