• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

I keep wondering why they don't add Trump's recent loss in his scam veterans charity to the impeachment list. It was a pretty serious elections law violation as well is a fraud to line his own pockets.

So, is Adam Shiff going to subpoena Devin Nunes? :)

For context: Giuliani associate willing to testify Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official, attorney says https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBXctgD

Nunes is notably absent from this list: "During a Thursday meeting with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, a group of Republican senators including Mike Lee of Utah, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ted Cruz of Texas spoke about how a Senate trial should be conducted if the House votes to impeach Trump."

Has the FOIA document dump rendered Nunes toxic to the trumpista conspirators, or is he out of the loop only because he is a House member?

I want to go through those docs when I have the time... has anyone else perused them?

Nunes is in the House :p

is he out of the loop only because he is a House member?
Nunes is in the House :p

So that would be a "yes", then? :)
I wonder wtf goes on when house counsel meets with a flock of trumpista Senators... does he immediately take meeting notes or a transcript to the co-conspirators in the House?

"Lordy I hope there are tapes!"
- James Comey

I keep wondering why they don't add Trump's recent loss in his scam veterans charity to the impeachment list. It was a pretty serious elections law violation as well is a fraud to line his own pockets.

The risk is that the investigation becomes unfocused, which itself would be a line of attack for the R's, and also would increase the amount of time the process takes. Schiff has been doing a fantastic job leading the investigation, and I think he'll make a worthy successor to Pelosi, and the testimony so far has been damning. To the point where I've actually had some success in penetrating The Bubble with sites like https://www.rev.com/blog/impeachment-hearing-day-4-transcript-gordon-sondland-testifies providing full transcripts.

The more issues that get thrown in, the more complex the whole thing becomes, and the more stupider voters will be furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to understand the situation.

Congress could end the subpoena fight by impeaching Trump tomorrow.

This is from back in May, talking about impeaching over the Mueller report. Ah, we were so young then. But interesting to me is that in the Senate trial, the House managers could subpoena Bolton, Pompeo, et al, and then Roberts would rule on whether to enforce the subpoenas. So it is still possible they could be forced to testify. That could be one reason why Dems are not bothering taking the White House to court now, since it would take longer to go through the courts, than to get an immediate ruling from Roberts, who would be the 5th vote anyway in SCOTUS.

Congress could end the subpoena fight by impeaching Trump tomorrow.

This is from back in May, talking about impeaching over the Mueller report. Ah, we were so young then. But interesting to me is that in the Senate trial, the House managers could subpoena Bolton, Pompeo, et al, and then Roberts would rule on whether to enforce the subpoenas. So it is still possible they could be forced to testify. That could be one reason why Dems are not bothering taking the White House to court now, since it would take longer to go through the courts, than to get an immediate ruling from Roberts, who would be the 5th vote anyway in SCOTUS.

I get their reasoning about courts slowing it down, but I would think just the issuance of the subpoena, whether they show up or not, would make a stronger statement and add a bit more pressure to the witnesses they were calling.

Meanwhile, all this B/S is aiding Trump in securing a second term.

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019...chment-and-presidential-election-preferences/

Yes, because the Republicans are having so much fun carrying Putin's water for him. :rolleyes:
Record debt and deficits are great, and when growth slows to a crawl and the economic house of cards falls, it will be another opportunity to blame Hillary and Obama.
Yeah, Trump is a lock for sure, unless Dems take advantage of newly legalized foreign interference in elections, and recruit Iran to help them get rid of Cheato. I think the press will reward them mightily. :)

It shouldn't be hard to recruit Iran and it's demented mullahs on the side of the Dems who funneled billions in cash stacked on a pallet to them by Obuma! Almost guaranteeing they will have a nuke with which to destroy Israel with and fund various islamic terrorists with in a short time.

Meanwhile, all this B/S is aiding Trump in securing a second term.

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/2019...chment-and-presidential-election-preferences/

Yes, because the Republicans are having so much fun carrying Putin's water for him. :rolleyes:
Record debt and deficits are great, and when growth slows to a crawl and the economic house of cards falls, it will be another opportunity to blame Hillary and Obama.
Yeah, Trump is a lock for sure, unless Dems take advantage of newly legalized foreign interference in elections, and recruit Iran to help them get rid of Cheato. I think the press will reward them mightily. :)

It shouldn't be hard to recruit Iran and it's demented mullahs on the side of the Dems who funneled billions in cash stacked on a pallet to them by Obuma! Almost guaranteeing they will have a nuke with which to destroy Israel with and fund various islamic terrorists with in a short time.

As for impeachment. As this article makes clear. It's destined to fail.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/20...lein/?utm_campaign=896001&utm_content=1258691

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-house-democrat-says-ethics-probe-of-nunes-is-likely-over-alleged-meeting-with-ukrainian-about-bidens/2019/11/23/0dde6b22-0e0a-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

A high-ranking House Democrat said Saturday it’s “quite likely” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) will face an ethics investigation over allegations that he met with an ex-Ukrainian official to obtain information about former vice president Joe Biden and his son.
Rep. Adam Smith (Wash.), the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, appeared on MSNBC where he was asked whether Nunes could face a House inquiry. “Quite likely, without question,” Smith said.
The allegation that Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, met with a former Ukrainian prosecutor last year to discuss the Bidens came from the attorney for Lev Parnas, one of two Soviet-born associates of Rudolph W. Giuliani who were indicted on charges they broke campaign finance law.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/20...lein/?utm_campaign=896001&utm_content=1258691

Funny how facts so often thwart human-designated destiny! :hysterical:

Devin Nunes asked Russian bots to help make an article discrediting the Russia investigation 'go viral'

Meanwhile...
it's looking like the clown might be called as a fact witness - get ready for the best ratings EVER. :)

And .. Judge to rule Monday on compelling Don McGahn to appear before the House.

As usual, angelo has painted himself as just another foreign entity trying to exonerate Trump by baseless assertion. This thing is FAR from over!

That article is idiotic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...de6b22-0e0a-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

A high-ranking House Democrat said Saturday it’s “quite likely” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) will face an ethics investigation over allegations that he met with an ex-Ukrainian official to obtain information about former vice president Joe Biden and his son.
Rep. Adam Smith (Wash.), the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, appeared on MSNBC where he was asked whether Nunes could face a House inquiry. “Quite likely, without question,” Smith said.
The allegation that Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, met with a former Ukrainian prosecutor last year to discuss the Bidens came from the attorney for Lev Parnas, one of two Soviet-born associates of Rudolph W. Giuliani who were indicted on charges they broke campaign finance law.

The claim of the meeting is very sketchy, sourced to secondhand information by way of one non-credible source to another non-credible source. Democrats shouldn't rely on anything Parnas nor Fruman say without independent corroboration. And then there's nothing necessarily wrong with Nunes talking to Shokin anyway. Dems should not play the same random accusation game the gop is playing over the Bidens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...de6b22-0e0a-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

The claim of the meeting is very sketchy, sourced to secondhand information by way of one non-credible source to another non-credible source. Democrats shouldn't rely on anything Parnas nor Fruman say without independent corroboration. And then there's nothing necessarily wrong with Nunes talking to Shokin anyway. Dems should not play the same random accusation game the gop is playing over the Bidens.

Using taxpayer funds to curry partisan political favor from a foreign government is illegal isn't it? I agree that facts should be checked.

Shokin isn't in the government. If the trip was purely for political purposes, I don't believe that's allowed.

There is at least a travel expenditure record that Nunes went to Europe in early December, but that's public.

Technically, Nunes should have been impeached for the White House stunt a couple years ago.

Sure does.

The exchange began with a direct question from Bartiromo: “Bottom line, were you in Vienna with Shokin?” Nunes then jumped into a monologue:

“I really want to answer all of these questions, and I promise you I absolutely will come back on the show and answer these questions, but because there is criminal activity here, we’re working with the appropriate law enforcement agencies, we’re going to file all this, everyone is going to know the truth, everybody is going to know all the facts, but I think you can understand that I can’t compete by trying to debate this out with the public media when 90 percent of the media are totally corrupt. And because this is criminal in nature and because it’s so bad, it’s so slanderous, we’ve got all the facts on our side, and we’re going to file in federal court because I’m not going to sit here and try to compete against the media that I have no chance of winning this. I will win in court in, and they’ll have a chance to cooperate, and they’ll have to show how they work with somebody who has been indicted, which is likely conspiring to obstruct justice.”

Nunes didn't even try to answer the question.

That 90% of media that is totally corrupt must be the ones who disagree with the Nunes.

Sure does.

The exchange began with a direct question from Bartiromo: “Bottom line, were you in Vienna with Shokin?” Nunes then jumped into a monologue:

“I really want to answer all of these questions, and I promise you I absolutely will come back on the show and answer these questions, but because there is criminal activity here, we’re working with the appropriate law enforcement agencies, we’re going to file all this, everyone is going to know the truth, everybody is going to know all the facts, but I think you can understand that I can’t compete by trying to debate this out with the public media when 90 percent of the media are totally corrupt. And because this is criminal in nature and because it’s so bad, it’s so slanderous, we’ve got all the facts on our side, and we’re going to file in federal court because I’m not going to sit here and try to compete against the media that I have no chance of winning this. I will win in court in, and they’ll have a chance to cooperate, and they’ll have to show how they work with somebody who has been indicted, which is likely conspiring to obstruct justice.”

Nunes didn't even try to answer the question.

That 90% of media that is totally corrupt must be the ones who disagree with the Nunes.
If I was a reporter I’d have noted, it’s okay, you are not under oath... yet.

Back
Top Bottom