• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pluto flyover by New Horizons

I am pretty sure that, while digging, it would be impractical to also clutch at straws; I mean, both activities generally imply the use of both hands. If you think about it.

I don't know, if the straw is frozen solid it could conceivably be used as a crude digging tool. Of course, that would likely mean the ground was frozen too and the frozen straw would not be sufficient enough to dig through that.

Perhaps that is why this hole I'm apparently digging isn't getting any deeper?
Well, the straws don't need to be used for digging themselves. You could get thirsty while digging and use the straws to drink some water, allowing you to get rehydrated and be able to dig further.

Surely you jest! Straw is for feeding horses, you can't drink with it...

...unless!

Do you mean to say there's more than one kind of straw? This is starting to turn into a more complicated situation than I could ever imagine.
It's a strawman so that others get blamed for the digging Cerberus has done in Pluto's garden. If people start denying that they did it, and Cerberus can get Charon to back up the strawman for a coin, the blame will fall upon the deniers.

I only believe proven and tangible facts, not speculation and fanciful ambitions.
So why don't you provide some?

All you've done is say you don't believe that any space probe has gone beyond the moon and sent back photos and science data. You haven't provided any logic or reason, just blankly denied the evidence because it comes from the people who would have been perpetrating the fake.

How about you provide some evidence and tell us what kind of evidence would convince you? Earlier in the thread you asked why video wasn't available, implying that would have been "tangible evidence" but it's clear now you weren't being honest because you won't believe anything from NASA as you think they're faking all the evidence.

Why don't you put up some sort of argument with evidence instead of just handwaving away the evidence put forward?

Cerberus, do you think NASA's Deep Space Network facilities are fake? Do they exist? Were built but are unmanned? Are staffed with people who do nothing? Exist for some other reason?

They are NASA facilities in California, Spain and Australia, each with a set of large radio antennae for communicating with space probes. You can even check which dishes are communicating with which probes on the following website - https://eyes.nasa.gov/dsn/dsn.html

As the time of writing this post they are currently communicating with -
Madrid: Voyager 1, the Magnetic Multiscale Mission (http://mms.gsfc.nasa.gov/), New Horizons
Goldstone: STEREO A (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEREO), Mars Odyssey, (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Odyssey), Akatsuki (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akatsuki_(spacecraft)) (a Japanese probe, apparently those dastardly Japanese are in on the conspiracy!)
Australia: Geotail (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEOTAIL) (a JAXA-NASA joint mission), Rosetta (http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta) (the European Space Agency mission exploring comet 67/P)

That's quite the collection of hoaxed missions NASA (in collaboration with JAXA and ESA) have faked or hoaxed launches for, given fake interviews for, maintain fake websites for, fake scientific data (which is freely given out to thousands of scientists around the world who study it, who either have been successfully faked with fake data or are in on the scam) and it's only a fraction of those currently active out there!

Or at least state why the elaborate hoax. Did you ever state why in all this?
Seems like an awful lot of effort for....

It costs a billion dollars to launch a space mission. It costs a hundred million to fake a space mission. Then they pocket the rest of the cash.

Or at least state why the elaborate hoax. Did you ever state why in all this?
Seems like an awful lot of effort for....

It costs a billion dollars to launch a space mission. It costs a hundred million to fake a space mission. Then they pocket the rest of the cash.
That's it? Seems like an awful lot of effort just to rip off the US government/taxpayer. Why don't they just start up a BS company and underbid on government contracts that are totally beyond their expertise if they want to get their gains the ill gotten way?

I only believe proven and tangible facts, not speculation and fanciful ambitions.
So why don't you provide some?

All you've done is say you don't believe that any space probe has gone beyond the moon and sent back photos and science data. You haven't provided any logic or reason, just blankly denied the evidence because it comes from the people who would have been perpetrating the fake.

How about you provide some evidence and tell us what kind of evidence would convince you? Earlier in the thread you asked why video wasn't available, implying that would have been "tangible evidence" but it's clear now you weren't being honest because you won't believe anything from NASA as you think they're faking all the evidence.

Why don't you put up some sort of argument with evidence instead of just handwaving away the evidence put forward?

Simple test: Parallax. Even if our probe transmissions are encrypted that won't stop Russia from hearing them. While parallax won't give an exact range it's quite enough to figure out if the transmitter is in Earth orbit or around Mars. If we had been faking space probes the Russians would have gleefully exposed the fact. (And vice versa.)

While this actually only proves that a transmitter was sent that's really all we need to prove. By the time you build the rocket body, transmitter and power source you've done most of the work. Just stick some instruments on it and you've got a space probe. It gets much, much worse for faking anything that will orbit or land--a flyby could be launched ballistically (thus doing away with the guidance system & it's engines) and probably not be exposed you can't hope to do that with something that must rendezvous with it's target.

Paralax measurement is more than enough to put source of the transmission near Pluto. It's only 30 a.u. away.
Faking this mission is pointless because doing it is orders of magnitude cheaper.
It's a rather simple flyby mission.

Of course it's all faked.... Cerberus is on the ball, it's all about 'make work' projects, keep the engineers off the streets and content (who knows what mischief they could get up to), the parts are designed, assembled, shot off into space and jettisoned on the scrapyard on the far side of the moon (nothing has ever gone further than the moon)...everyone is kept busy, happy and well paid, thank you very much....don't y'all know that? ;)

Of course it's all faked.... Cerberus is on the ball, it's all about 'make work' projects, keep the engineers off the streets and content (who knows what mischief they could get up to), the parts are designed, assembled, shot off into space and jettisoned on the scrapyard on the far side of the moon (nothing has ever gone further than the moon)...everyone is kept busy, happy and well paid, thank you very much....don't y'all know that? ;)

Nothing can possibly go further then the Moon; It would run into the crystal sphere to which the Moon is affixed, and either the spacecraft would disintegrate, or worse, the crystal sphere could shatter, causing the Moon (and billions of lethal shards of crystal) to fall to Earth.

The space program is not just a waste of resources; it is positively foolhardy and dangerous.

Loren Pechtel said:
If we had been faking space probes the Russians would have gleefully exposed the fact. (And vice versa.)
Other countries/groups of countries that sent probes far beyond the Moon are the European Union, Japan, and India. A conspiracy would indicate that all of those governments - including new administrations that do not denounce their predecessors - are in on it, and all of the scientists who work with, say, samples from a comet (Stardust) or an asteroid (Hayabusa) either fail to realize it's a trick, or are in on the world wide conspiracy as well, etc.

But maybe Cerberus is just pulling our legs.

Loren Pechtel said:
If we had been faking space probes the Russians would have gleefully exposed the fact. (And vice versa.)
Other countries/groups of countries that sent probes far beyond the Moon are the European Union, Japan, and India. A conspiracy would indicate that all of those governments - including new administrations that do not denounce their predecessors - are in on it, and all of the scientists who work with, say, samples from a comet (Stardust) or an asteroid (Hayabusa) either fail to realize it's a trick, or are in on the world wide conspiracy as well, etc.

Nope, Cerberus isn't pulling your legs. No matter where the charlatans are in the world, they all want an easy well-paid job for life; wouldn't you? I certainly would! They've invented a whole new lexicon intended to impress and beguile in order to sustain the mystique: I couldn't care about that if only they weren't so bloody condescending by broadcasting their totally unproven outpourings as if they talking to gullible children - which in a way I suppose they are, in that adults can be gullible too.

Nothing can possibly go further then the Moon; It would run into the crystal sphere to which the Moon is affixed, and either the spacecraft would disintegrate, or worse, the crystal sphere could shatter, causing the Moon (and billions of lethal shards of crystal) to fall to Earth.

The space program is not just a waste of resources; it is positively foolhardy and dangerous.

Yes, indeed. That is it. Quite right. The Crystal Sphere must be protected from harm. It is the only thing that protects us from exposure to the Universal Ether.

Nope, Cerberus isn't pulling your legs. No matter where the charlatans are in the world, they all want an easy well-paid job for life; wouldn't you? I certainly would! They've invented a whole new lexicon intended to impress and beguile in order to sustain the mystique: I couldn't care about that if only they weren't so bloody condescending by broadcasting their totally unproven outpourings as if they talking to gullible children - which in a way I suppose they are, in that adults can be gullible too.

Translation: Thems smartsies sian... cyan... scaia... sciantis... thems smartsies use smartsywords I don't get! thems making mes feels sooo stoopid! thems must be ups to somethings cause mes no stoopid, ams i?

Translation: Thems smartsies sian... cyan... scaia... sciantis... thems smartsies use smartsywords I don't get! thems making mes feels sooo stoopid! thems must be ups to somethings cause mes no stoopid, ams i?

Yep, I think my work here is nearly done!
smileys-sunglasses-931411.gif

Nope, Cerberus isn't pulling your legs. No matter where the charlatans are in the world, they all want an easy well-paid job for life;
They've invented a whole new lexicon intended to impress and beguile in order to sustain the mystique
Also, these charlatans invented Internet which you are using right now.
So be consistent and stop using it.

Yes, indeed. That is it. Quite right. The Crystal Sphere must be protected from harm. It is the only thing that protects us from exposure to the Universal Ether.

I think you're reading to many sci-fi comics DBT. Try something that stretches your intellect.

I think you're reading to many sci-fi comics DBT. Try something that stretches your intellect.

Do you believe that I was being serious? Do I believe that you are being serious?

Back
Top Bottom