• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Kill Man Attempting to "Open Carry" ..wait for it...

He says there's video, he doesn't show it. I'm not buying it.

It's a freakin' Walmart. There's video cameras everywhere.

I read one article that said that the family of the deceased and their lawyer were indeed viewing surveillance video from the 200+ cameras in the store. The lawyer said that the video showed disagreement with the police and witnesses' stories, though the video is not being released so as to not prejudice a grand jury pool.

If the video shows what the lawyer says it shows it changes things completely. However, I would not trust the lawyer at all. After all, "lawyer" does not sound like "liar" for nothing. :tonguea:

The article still referring to the gun as a "toy gun" doesn't inspire confidence either.

It will be interesting to find out once the video is finally released and/or shown in trial. But my guess is that the video will be fairly definitive one way or another.

If the video shows what the lawyer says it shows it changes things completely. However, I would not trust the lawyer at all. After all, "lawyer" does not sound like "liar" for nothing. :tonguea:

The article still referring to the gun as a "toy gun" doesn't inspire confidence either.

It will be interesting to find out once the video is finally released and/or shown in trial. But my guess is that the video will be fairly definitive one way or another.

I think it's a case of attempting to try the case in the press rather than the court--thus the tape doesn't support his position.

I think it's a case of attempting to try the case in the press rather than the court--thus the tape doesn't support his position.

As I said, it will be interesting to find out once the video is released. But, I guess you have already decided, so I'll be waiting alone.

Why? Couldn't it also be a case of trying to make sure not ANOTHER black man gets shot while the court case on this one is in progress? There are reasons to let it be known the guy was not doing anything wrong other than tainting the jury.

Why? Couldn't it also be a case of trying to make sure not ANOTHER black man gets shot while the court case on this one is in progress? There are reasons to let it be known the guy was not doing anything wrong other than tainting the jury.

Because experience has taught me that when a lawyer tries to argue a case in the press it's a sympathetic but very weak case.

So, the lawyer claims that "it seemed that Crawford did not see or hear the officers."

While his kids' mother claims "he said ‘It’s not real,’", indicating that he did see the cops.

Busted!

Because experience has taught me that when a lawyer tries to argue a case in the press it's a sympathetic but very weak case.
really?

And how much of this experience have you had and how varied?

So, the lawyer claims that "it seemed that Crawford did not see or hear the officers."

While his kids' mother claims "he said ‘It’s not real,’", indicating that he did see the cops.

Busted!

who is busted Loren?

It depends on when he said 'it's not real'. He could have said that after the shooting started. Of course if he said it before the shooting, then why would the police open fire without double checking his claim?

It depends on when he said 'it's not real'. He could have said that after the shooting started. Of course if he said it before the shooting, then why would the police open fire without double checking his claim?

Well, see, the police knew their guns were real. And loaded.

Loren Pechtel said:
doubtingt said:

Busted!

who is busted Loren?

Do you not see the problem here?

If he wasn't aware of the officers why did he tell them "It's not real"???

- - - Updated - - -

The cops aren't going to believe him about that. If you don't drop a weapon when the cops tell you to it's likely the command will be followed by shooting.

There's a man with a gun...
That's ok it's an open carry state...
click.

So what happened?

Just thought this deserved an update:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...man-walmart-gun-chaos-story-article-1.1936449

The shopper who accused an Ohio man of pointing a fake gun at children and adults walking inside a Walmart is now changing his story.

Ronald Ritchie originally told police that John Crawford III was a direct threat to shoppers — but a month later, he now claims Crawford didn’t turn the weapon on anybody.

and later in the same article:

Ritchie had also told several news outlets after the shooting that he was an ex-marine, but it turns out he only served seven weeks before he was booted out in 2008 as a “fraudulent enlistment.”

Ritchie is the lone caller who, along with his wife, felt threatened by the sight of a young black man talking on the phone and holding an unloaded bb gun which, despite the opinions of the lethal nature of a bb gun by many posters on this site, is still referred to frequently as a toy by many media sources.

Two people are now dead because of the fears of this ex-marine who was booted out of the Marines after 7 weeks because of fraudulent enlistment. He must be so proud.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...man-walmart-gun-chaos-story-article-1.1936449

Ritchie had also told several news outlets after the shooting that he was an ex-marine, but it turns out he only served seven weeks before he was booted out in 2008 as a “fraudulent enlistment.”

Ritchie is the lone caller who, along with his wife, felt threatened by the sight of a young black man talking on the phone and holding an unloaded bb gun which, despite the opinions of the lethal nature of a bb gun by many posters on this site, is still referred to frequently as a toy by many media sources.

Two people are now dead because of the fears of this ex-marine who was booted out of the Marines after 7 weeks because of fraudulent enlistment. He must be so proud.

I smell a civil suit...

I smell a civil suit...

Several, I would think. None of which will bring back the two people who died for no reason at all aside from the panic of some idiots.

I smell a civil suit...

Several, I would think. None of which will bring back the two people who died for no reason at all aside from the panic of some idiots.

I wonder if there will be any charges against Ritchie for calling in a false report that has resulted in two deaths. I've said earlier in this thread that I blame him as much as I blame the two police officers in this case. This new information simply reinforces my feelings on that.

I smell a civil suit...

Oh, those damned lying witnesses.

toni, please.

Only the background of the dead black people have any bearing on this case.

Back
Top Bottom