• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

And this guy already shot at the police, if they did track him down why do you think it would be any less violent the second time?!
Because the police officers involved in the follow-up won't be hopped up on adrenaline and will be better suited to arrest him. We already know he left a gun with a second clip in the car when he got out.

The logic I've seen on display for pursuit is that the suspect is a danger to the public. These same people never cry foul when an officer is not detained but rather put on administrative leave with public funding pending an investigation after they've harmed the public. I guess getting them later only applies to law enforcement.

I made no such claim. I said the BLM movement causes blacks to die, I did not say they were dying at police hands. Why are you mis-stating my position? This has been discussed before, you should know what's going on.
I apologize. I misunderstood.

Why do you think the BLM movement causes blacks to die?
Cities with BLM movements saw higher murder rates than cities without. Less policing = more criminals killing criminals.

Black on black crime was a thing long before the BLM movement and has spiked before and will.continue to have spikes.long after BLM exists as only a Wikipedia Page I'm the future.

And then 60 gunshot wounds.
Yeah, you already said that. BLM has the actual effect of killing blacks, not helping them.

If this was your attempt to discuss black-on-black crime it failed. Horribly.
I hope not because it is incredibly stupid and bigoted.
Calling it incredibly stupid and bigoted won't make the reality go away. Murders did spike.
No one is denying the fact that murders spiked. Your conflation of correlation with causation is incredibly stupid and bigoted.

Yeah, you already said that. BLM has the actual effect of killing blacks, not helping them.

Calling it incredibly stupid and bigoted won't make the reality go away. Murders did spike.
No one is denying the fact that murders spiked. Your conflation of correlation with causation is incredibly stupid and bigoted.
I'll contend they didn't spike. They went up, but they didn't "spike".

Sad that the comparison works. RIP James Caan.

He may need a special jail cell.
It's pretty fucked up when an accidental killing of a thug leads to several times longer prison sentence than deliberate killing of an innocent person (Justine Damond).
Black Muslim privilege ...

It's pretty fucked up when an accidental killing of a thug leads to several times longer prison sentence than deliberate killing of an innocent person (Justine Damond).
It was not an accidental killing. It was a prolonged brutal assault by police officer on a pleading victim. Mr. Chauvin is a thug of the first order.

Mr. Noor was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter, 3rd degree murder and intentional 2nd degree murder. Mr. Noor was convicted on the first two counts and acquitted on the last count. He was sentenced to 12.5 years but the Minnesota Supreme court threw out the conviction on the 3rd degree murder charge.

Mr. Chauvin was convicted of unintentional 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter. In addtion he plead guilty to violating Mr. Floyd's civil rights.

Mr. Noor's killing was a spur of the moment reaction by a relatively new police officer. Mr. Chauvin was an experienced police officer who callously and brutally killed Mr. Floyd by kneeling on Mr. Floyd's neck for more than 8 minutes.

Mr. Noor is black and his victim was white. Mr. Chauvin is white and his victim was black. The two crimes are not similiar nor are the convictions, yet here you are playing the race (and religion) card because you feel some white thug of a cop got a raw deal in killing a black man compared to a black cop in the killing of a white woman. Your post would be approved by any KKK member.

Last edited:
So this link has the body camera footage. I didn't watch it all, I don't watch killings. But what caught my attention was the initial screen shot, of an officer standing within 20 feet of the car... completely and utterly without a shred of cover protecting him. What in the fuck is that officer thinking?! It appeared multiple officers decided to put themselves into a dangerously exposed positions, which is a common tactical error that is usually followed by officers killing someone for their own safety.
What cover existed there to be behind? And cover is completely useless when the objective is to arrest the person--you have to approach to do that.
I can damn well guarantee that I could have found some cover.

Then, I'm not some lackadaisical, incompetent cop.

As it is arresting can absolutely start from a position of cover, from the stepping stones of "negotiation" and "talking down the situation".
Does the word "pursuit" not mean anything to you? How do you negotiate and talk down when they're running away?
Certainly not by shooting the running-away person in the back.

Let them flee and track them down later.

It's interesting insofar as my cat had a problem with "fleeing" bedtime, but he cut that shit out and goes to the bedroom for bedtime these days all on his own. Because he understands the futility of running.

I expect that most humans are at least as smart as a cat in being able to be taught the lesson that fleeing the inevitable is kind of pointless.
what was the first thing that lead to the cops being there?
What were the events that lead to the shooting.
Can we list them in order?

I'm very interested in this Black Muslim privilege. Got any equivalent cases you're willing to share? I'm looking for enough so that I can reasonably make the claim that it's systematic.

Thanks, bud.

I'll contend they didn't spike. They went up, but they didn't "spike".
They went up and then came back down over time. That's a spike.

And it happened only in the places with BLM protests. BLM protests => police not as active => more criminals settling scores.

He intended to use dangerous force. While he didn't intend it to be lethal he's responsible for the fact that it was. The other was a mistake in evaluating the situation--somebody not competent to be a cop but he didn't set out to attack someone.

So this link has the body camera footage. I didn't watch it all, I don't watch killings. But what caught my attention was the initial screen shot, of an officer standing within 20 feet of the car... completely and utterly without a shred of cover protecting him. What in the fuck is that officer thinking?! It appeared multiple officers decided to put themselves into a dangerously exposed positions, which is a common tactical error that is usually followed by officers killing someone for their own safety.
What cover existed there to be behind? And cover is completely useless when the objective is to arrest the person--you have to approach to do that.
I can damn well guarantee that I could have found some cover.

Then, I'm not some lackadaisical, incompetent cop.

As it is arresting can absolutely start from a position of cover, from the stepping stones of "negotiation" and "talking down the situation".
Does the word "pursuit" not mean anything to you? How do you negotiate and talk down when they're running away?
Certainly not by shooting the running-away person in the back.

Let them flee and track them down later.

It's interesting insofar as my cat had a problem with "fleeing" bedtime, but he cut that shit out and goes to the bedroom for bedtime these days all on his own. Because he understands the futility of running.

I expect that most humans are at least as smart as a cat in being able to be taught the lesson that fleeing the inevitable is kind of pointless.
what was the first thing that lead to the cops being there?
What were the events that lead to the shooting.
Can we list them in order?
This part caught my eye.
View attachment 96cf6e55-a8a3-46ca-8d46-547c7c65849c-jaylandwalkerpresser03.webp

This is the flash the police claim is Walker's gun firing.

ETA: Crap, I thought we had the board set to accpt webp files.

If I use my imagination I can distinguish the muzzle flash from the light trail, light glare & low resolution. What would help my imagination better is proof that a gun was fired from that vehicle not only from a casing found inside (which doesn't prove when or where the gun was fired) but from firearm discharge residue on or inside the vehicle. But I can also imagine that no one cares about that because shelling casing + black + criminal record + officer testimony is all they need to imagine.

But I'm just treating this guy like the next black messiah (which last I heard he was prosecuted & sentenced to death).

If I use my imagination I can distinguish the muzzle flash from the light trail, light glare & low resolution. What would help my imagination better is proof that a gun was fired from that vehicle not only from a casing found inside (which doesn't prove when or where the gun was fired) but from firearm discharge residue on or inside the vehicle. But I can also imagine that no one cares about that because shelling casing + black + criminal record + officer testimony is all they need to imagine.

But I'm just treating this guy like the next black messiah (which last I heard he was prosecuted & sentenced to death).
That light trail seems backwards to me.

Back
Top Bottom