• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

The car itself looks like a 1980's Honda Accord hatchback.

Edit: And a quick muzzle flash is supposed to survive that distortion?

I especially like this image where the police said is proof he turned around to face them. It can also double as proof that extraterrestrials are real or at minimum be donated to the Bigfoot Discovery Museum.

Edit: Removed the image because not sure if it's against the rules.

I screenshot it from your link here

This is the flash the police claim is Walker's gun firing.

ETA: Crap, I thought we had the board set to accpt webp files.
Video of firearms doesn't show much. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all--the flash is quick enough that it can come between frames.

Video of firearms doesn't show much. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all--the flash is quick enough that it can come between frames.

The fact they are using a highway camera and not a dashboard camera is so 1920's.

The fact they are using a highway camera and not a dashboard camera is so 1920's.
So, no dashcam happened to be pointed in the right direction.

Not sure if this footage is too raw. If so a mod can delete my post. It's a video of a police chase where a suspect allegedly fired on police. The most graphic part was an officer getting hit. I'm glad he seemed ok probably vest saved him as he said he's ok and continued the chase. Lots of shots fired from moving police vehicles in a populated area. The suspect survived. I wonder if anyone was hit by a stray whether that's from the suspects gun or the police. Sad I'd have to worry about the police sending strays down a busy road. Like wtf is the thought process?

Off duty misconduct.

You'd think that after Uvalde every officer in texas would be trying their best not to be the next officer that made the wrong decision involving kids but nooooo.

You'd think that after Uvalde every officer in texas would be trying their best not to be the next officer that made the wrong decision involving kids but nooooo.
I think the real issue is that some of these officers do not think these are wrong decisions.

I noticed that the ball players in question were latinos and the adult was caucasian. Makes one wonder.

Not sure if this footage is too raw. If so a mod can delete my post. It's a video of a police chase where a suspect allegedly fired on police. The most graphic part was an officer getting hit. I'm glad he seemed ok probably vest saved him as he said he's ok and continued the chase. Lots of shots fired from moving police vehicles in a populated area. The suspect survived. I wonder if anyone was hit by a stray whether that's from the suspects gun or the police. Sad I'd have to worry about the police sending strays down a busy road. Like wtf is the thought process?

Almost all the wild fire seems to be coming from the bad guys.

Almost all the wild fire seems to be coming from the bad guys.

I figured you'd think you can hear the suspect's gunfire from inside the police car just as loud if not at times louder than police firing from within the car. Thumbs up for meeting my expectations.

Look, the police are supposed to get this guy while at the same time considering public safety. She has the guy's ID, she got the make of the car and plate. I'm pretty sure he's had a run-in with them before and he's no more of a danger to the public than he already was being that he had a firearm. It's like hey, let's not have a shootout down public streets but coordinate and keep track then pin this clown when he tries to exit the vehicle (similar to what they did at the end of the video). Do you mean to tell me you're totally ok with police shooting from their cars in a populated area to get one dude that was less of a danger to the public (not actively firing at the police in populated areas)

It reminds me of how most of my fights in high school went. Let's not cause a scene and endanger other folks. You got a problem with me I'll find you when you're alone and well have that one-on-one. Most of these thugs stay in the neighborhood if you didn't get the memo. It's why arrest statistics are so high because these idiots go to the same stores and the same places and hang around the same people daily.

Edit: It also does not help that after all those gunshots, he was arrested. Risked the whole community for this clown with all those gunshots and you missed.

Honestly, I almost decided to become an officer myself when I was in my 20's. Pitched the idea to friends and family and the general feeling was they didn't like the police. So I thought it was better for me to be active in my community working with community organizers than wearing a uniform since It would leave more conversations open than closed. I got to talk to both the hoodlums and the police without sharing harmful info (snitching) on either one (unless it was better for the community). With the idiots in my hood (Back then called Legion of Doom & the Four Horesmen) id work with reasonable criminals who wanted the violent ones to stop making the block hot (police showing up in response) so they can make money. The police got the violent idiots and the reasonable thugs were on their own after that because if the police catch you for selling drugs that's on you bruh, the cops ain't sharing a damn thing bout whos warrants they're focused on today. I grew up with those people so that created a very unique trust situation plus they knew I was crazy too (for reasons I won't share). And no I wasn't an informant, I was just a concerned citizen that shared the same concerns as the law-abiding and those who weren't law-abiding in my community.

If these officers had someone like me, they wouldn't need to chase him. The community wants a guy like that gone and as long as the police force plays a supporting role they will (at arm's length) help the police. These officers were clowns in my book because if you can't hit someone up on the phone and say "hey man, when you see that guy nicknamed FTP (fuck the police) text me their location", you're fucking up big time.

Edit: It also does not help that after all those gunshots, he was arrested. Risked the whole community for this clown with all those gunshots and you missed.
Yeah, there’s a corollary to the old gun safety rule “Never point your gun at anything you don’t want to kill”, and that’s “If you fire your gun, you should reasonably expect to kill, or at least hit, the target”.

Any incidence of police firing their guns without at least hitting the specific person at whom they are aiming with the vast majority of their shots is evidence of incompetence. Firing a gun and missing means that the bullet ends up somewhere unintended, and bullets going to unintended places is seriously fucking unacceptable, particularly in a built up area.

Shit, when I was shooting deer in the remote Scottish Highlands, our safety briefing included never shooting at a target with a sky background - you only squeeze that trigger if the view behind the target is full of empty hillside, so that if you miss, the bullet is going into the ground, and not some poor bastard who was unfortunate enough to live in a remote cottage in the next glen.

Missing your target in an urban environment is unacceptable. If you don’t have a very high expectation of a hit, you are endangering the public by firing at all, and should refrain from doing so.

Very few suspects present as much danger to the public as a cop firing off multiple rounds at random - and if you ain’t hitting your target, don’t kid yourself that your shooting ain’t random. You don’t know where the bullets are going if they don’t go into the target you were aiming at.

It was not an accidental killing. It was a prolonged brutal assault by police officer on a pleading victim.
It was an accidental killing. It should have been manslaughter, not murder.
It is very different to restrain a criminal improperly vs. shooting an innocent person for no reason (like Noor did).
Mr. Chauvin is a thug of the first order.
He can't hold the handle to your hero when it comes to thuggery. He robbed a woman at gunpoint. And #BLM supporters are raising statues to him. Literally.

Mr. Noor was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter, 3rd degree murder and intentional 2nd degree murder. Mr. Noor was convicted on the first two counts and acquitted on the last count. He was sentenced to 12.5 years but the Minnesota Supreme court threw out the conviction on the 3rd degree murder charge.
As I said, black woman privilege. Note also that the AG of Minnesota is a black Muslim who was a Nation of Islam sympathizer until at least the law school and probably after that as well.

There is no way Noor should do mere 5 years for what he's done. Even 12.5 was too short. He should do at least the same sentence as Chauvin.

Mr. Noor's killing was a spur of the moment reaction by a relatively new police officer. Mr. Chauvin was an experienced police officer who callously and brutally killed Mr. Floyd by kneeling on Mr. Floyd's neck for more than 8 minutes.
Noor shot that woman for no reason. Chauvin applied force that, while excessive, would not have been fatal had Floyd not had enough fentanyl in his system to cause pulmonary edema.

Mr. Noor is black and his victim was white. Mr. Chauvin is white and his victim was black.
Hence, progressives take sides in favor of Noor based on his skin color and religion

The two crimes are not similiar nor are the convictions, yet here you are playing the race (and religion) card because you feel some white thug of a cop got a raw deal in killing a black man compared to a black cop in the killing of a white woman.
They are similar enough to allow comparisons. In the ways they are dissimilar, Noor's crime is the more serious. Noor shot Damond for no reason whatsoever. Chauvin at least had a reason to restrain Floyd. Noor used clearly deadly force. Chauvin's action would likely not have been deadly save for Floyd's severe fentanyl and methamphetamine intoxication. But Noor is black and Muslim, and his victim white and kafir, so he gets off easy in Minnesota, where the AG is a black Muslim.

Your post would be approved by any KKK member.
BS. But that is your typical style, flinging metaphorical shit around.

I'm very interested in this Black Muslim privilege. Got any equivalent cases you're willing to share? I'm looking for enough so that I can reasonably make the claim that it's systematic.
You want another example? How about these two #BLM terrorists? One is Muslim, one is black.
They made, distributed and used Molotov cocktails and yet are only facing 18-24 months under Garner's DOJ. A slap on the wrist!
colinford-mattis-urooj-rahman-1.jpg

And even that is better than the inaction of the lefty Brooklyn DA who refused to prosecute them at all.

Imagine how many decades any 1/6 rioters would do if they used Molotov cocktails?

He intended to use dangerous force. While he didn't intend it to be lethal he's responsible for the fact that it was. The other was a mistake in evaluating the situation--somebody not competent to be a cop but he didn't set out to attack someone.
Chauvin had the right to use some force against Floyd. Noor had no right to use any force against Damond and yet he went for the most lethal force right away.
Furthermore, the fact that Floyd was hopped up on enough fentanyl to tranquilize a horse was ignored for political reasons.
Chauvin had to be convicted and given a very long sentence because the powers that be wanted to appease the left-wing rioters who were "burning this bitch down" (to quote one of them - Michael Brown's mother's boyfriend) for months on end.

Not sure if this footage is too raw. If so a mod can delete my post. It's a video of a police chase where a suspect allegedly fired on police.

This is reminiscent of Herbert Lee in Louisville. He also shot a police officer and was shot himself, and survived.
Police confirm Herbert Lee as suspect in officer-involved shooting

No police misconduct but more dereliction of duty by the court system. He has a long rap sheet, but never stayed in prison that long.
Who is Herbert Lee? What we know about the man allegedly involved in the Shawnee Park shooting

WHAS11 said:
LMPD Chief Erika Shields said Lee continued to flee and ended up in a standoff with officers.
Hey! I recognized that name.
She was police chief in Atlanta. She was fired over the killing of Rayshard Brooks, that led to rioting, arson, territorial occupation and murder of an 8 year old girl by the #BLM insurrectionists.
So I guess that's where she ended up ...

According to court records, Lee's history with the Kentucky court system dates back to 2008. When Lee was 16, he drove four teens home from a field trip. Police reported that he was driving a stolen car and when they tried to pull him over, Lee fled.
He led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in a crash. The four teens in the car died.
Lee was the only survivor. He was convicted of four counts of manslaughter in 2010 and served one year at a juvenile detention facility.
A bit thin for stealing a car and killing four people.
Since the convictions following the 2008 crash, Lee has been convicted of four additional felonies and 10 misdemeanors.
[...]
In 2012, seven months after being released from juvenile detention, Lee was arrested again for stealing a car and was sentenced to three years. Two years later, in 2014, Lee was in court again. According to an arrest slip, Lee fled from police. After he ran, police noticed the car he was driving was stolen.
Note that 2<3. This will become a pattern.
For that incident, Lee was found guilty of being a persistent felony offender, which enhanced his charge of receiving stolen property. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Oct. 9, 2014.
According to court records, Lee's next charges were filed in October 2018, four years after receiving that 10-year prison sentence.
4<10 as well. He has a history of committing felonies over and over again, but also getting released over and over again just to reoffend.
He did plead guilty to a felony in 2019 to complicity to receive stolen property under $10,000 charge. Lee was sentenced to two years in prison on Dec. 12, 2019. [...]In December 2020, Lee was back in court. He initially faced several charges, including a felony strangulation charge. [...]In June 2021, Lee was arrested for a variety of charges including theft and felon in possession of a handgun. According to court documents, police said Lee fled when he was approached by an officer, but was eventually caught and charged. Lee posted bail for those charges on Oct. 11, 2021. On Dec. 19, 2021, Lee was arrested again for allegedly forging checks. Lee was released on a personal recognizance bond on Dec. 20, 2021.
The guy is a menace to society. And why, when he is released on parole on the 10 year sentence, does he not have to finish it in prison when he reoffended? Kentucky seriously needs to rethink their reforms. They have gone way too far on leniency for repeat offenders.

Back
Top Bottom