• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

Edit: It also does not help that after all those gunshots, he was arrested. Risked the whole community for this clown with all those gunshots and you missed.
He was hit.
WBLK said:
The chase ended when the defendant's vehicle crashed into a billboard on East Ferry Street near Fillmore Avenue. After the crash, he allegedly continued to fire at officers. Buffalo police shot back and injured Bell. He was taken to Erie County Medical Center with injuries to his hand, shoulder and lower extremities. He is still in the hospital, in police custody being held without bail. He shot one officer during the incident. Two officers were allegedly shot by other Buffalo Police.

Buffalo Man Charged With 5 Attempted Murders For High Speed Chase

He showed up in court a few days ago in a wheelchair.
62c5c3504add3.image.jpg

So even months later, he is still messed up. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is the flash the police claim is Walker's gun firing.

ETA: Crap, I thought we had the board set to accpt webp files.
Video of firearms doesn't show much. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all--the flash is quick enough that it can come between frames.

The fact they are using a highway camera and not a dashboard camera is so 1920's.
So, no dashcam happened to be pointed in the right direction.
Where right direction is "forward"?

The fact they are using a highway camera and not a dashboard camera is so 1920's.
Yeah, who can forget all those highway camera videos from the 1920s!

We both joke. Whopty doo. So you don't find it odd that they aren't using a dashboard camera to present proof but rather a poor-quality highway camera?

Not sure if this footage is too raw. If so a mod can delete my post. It's a video of a police chase where a suspect allegedly fired on police. The most graphic part was an officer getting hit. I'm glad he seemed ok probably vest saved him as he said he's ok and continued the chase. Lots of shots fired from moving police vehicles in a populated area. The suspect survived. I wonder if anyone was hit by a stray whether that's from the suspects gun or the police. Sad I'd have to worry about the police sending strays down a busy road. Like wtf is the thought process?

Almost all the wild fire seems to be coming from the bad guys.

I figured you'd think you can hear the suspect's gunfire from inside the police car just as loud if not at times louder than police firing from within the car. Thumbs up for meeting my expectations.

I see one police car that fired. You can see three holes that were probably outgoing fire from the driver--thus he fired only three rounds. The passenger spent most of the time bent over. You hear far more than three shots in that bent over time. Note, also, that each time the bad guys fire the radio call goes out about it. You're simply deciding the cops are the bad guys here and not looking at the evidence.

Look, the police are supposed to get this guy while at the same time considering public safety. She has the guy's ID, she got the make of the car and plate. I'm pretty sure he's had a run-in with them before and he's no more of a danger to the public than he already was being that he had a firearm. It's like hey, let's not have a shootout down public streets but coordinate and keep track then pin this clown when he tries to exit the vehicle (similar to what they did at the end of the video). Do you mean to tell me you're totally ok with police shooting from their cars in a populated area to get one dude that was less of a danger to the public (not actively firing at the police in populated areas)

It reminds me of how most of my fights in high school went. Let's not cause a scene and endanger other folks. You got a problem with me I'll find you when you're alone and well have that one-on-one. Most of these thugs stay in the neighborhood if you didn't get the memo. It's why arrest statistics are so high because these idiots go to the same stores and the same places and hang around the same people daily.

Edit: It also does not help that after all those gunshots, he was arrested. Risked the whole community for this clown with all those gunshots and you missed.

This fails on the reality that they don't get tracked down--why do you think the police have a current address for them?! You just make a situation where bad guys simply run from the cops and are almost never caught.

He intended to use dangerous force. While he didn't intend it to be lethal he's responsible for the fact that it was. The other was a mistake in evaluating the situation--somebody not competent to be a cop but he didn't set out to attack someone.
Chauvin had the right to use some force against Floyd. Noor had no right to use any force against Damond and yet he went for the most lethal force right away.
Furthermore, the fact that Floyd was hopped up on enough fentanyl to tranquilize a horse was ignored for political reasons.
Chauvin had to be convicted and given a very long sentence because the powers that be wanted to appease the left-wing rioters who were "burning this bitch down" (to quote one of them - Michael Brown's mother's boyfriend) for months on end.

There was no justification for any force against Floyd--he was already detained at that point. Chauvin pulled him out of the car to administer some street justice, not for any legitimate police reason.

Noor made a mistake but there was no intent to commit a crime. Chauvin intended to commit a crime, just not murder.

Look, the police are supposed to get this guy while at the same time considering public safety. She has the guy's ID, she got the make of the car and plate. I'm pretty sure he's had a run-in with them before and he's no more of a danger to the public than he already was being that he had a firearm. It's like hey, let's not have a shootout down public streets but coordinate and keep track then pin this clown when he tries to exit the vehicle (similar to what they did at the end of the video). Do you mean to tell me you're totally ok with police shooting from their cars in a populated area to get one dude that was less of a danger to the public (not actively firing at the police in populated areas)

It reminds me of how most of my fights in high school went. Let's not cause a scene and endanger other folks. You got a problem with me I'll find you when you're alone and well have that one-on-one. Most of these thugs stay in the neighborhood if you didn't get the memo. It's why arrest statistics are so high because these idiots go to the same stores and the same places and hang around the same people daily.

This fails on the reality that they don't get tracked down--why do you think the police have a current address for them?! You just make a situation where bad guys simply run from the cops and are almost never caught.
Calling your fantasy “the reality” doesn’t change the fact that the police almost invariably have a pretty good idea where to find most of the people that they regularly deal with, and that even when they don’t, it’s pretty easy to track someone down - although it does entail some police work, which many cops appear disinclined to do.

link

Summit County Medical Examiner's report is in. 46 bullet entrance wounds or grazes on Jayland Walker. Apparently the gun residue check isn't done anymore, so there will be no conclusive evidence (apparently it wouldn't have been if they did the test) on whether Walker fired at cops while fleeing.

Calling your fantasy “the reality” doesn’t change the fact that the police almost invariably have a pretty good idea where to find most of the people that they regularly deal with, and that even when they don’t, it’s pretty easy to track someone down - although it does entail some police work, which many cops appear disinclined to do.
Note that this guy came back invalid insurance, not wants and warrants.

I'm dying to see how Loren defends this cop.

Better limber up for those gymmastics, buddy.

Why in the world do you think I would defend that??

I keep saying the real issue is the fairly low level abuse of power they keep engaging in.

It was an accidental killing. It should have been manslaughter, not murder.
It is very different to restrain a criminal improperly vs. shooting an innocent person for no reason (like Noor did).
Mr. Floyd was restrained - there was no need for the prolonged knee to the neck (a previously discarded technique by the MPD).

He can't hold the handle to your hero when it comes to thuggery. He robbed a woman at gunpoint.
Mr. Floyd is not my hero, he is the victim of a callous and brutal murder. Let's see - which is more thuggish - robbing someone at gunpoint or murdering someone? Hmmm.
Derec said:
As I said black woman privilege.
A bigoted non-sequitur.

Derec said:
Note also that the AG of Minnesota is a black Muslim who was a Nation of Islam sympathizer until at least the law school and probably after that as well.
Do you have an actual point that is relevant to the Noor charges, trial or subsequent court decisions or is this just another bigoted fishing expedition based on random correlations?
Derec said:
There is no way Noor should do mere 5 years for what he's done. Even 12.5 was too short. He should do at least the same sentence as Chauvin.
I said at the time of his conviction I thought he got off too lightly. I still do.

But there is a big difference between a spur of the moment reaction like Mr. Noor's and a cold-calculated decision that resulted in an avoidable death like Mr. Chauvin's.

Derec said:
Noor shot that woman for no reason. Chauvin applied force that, while excessive, would not have been fatal had Floyd not had enough fentanyl in his system to cause pulmonary edema.
Mr. Noor did have a reason - he mistakenly thought Ms. Damond was a threat. Mr. Chauvin had no reason to use an unapproved restraint for over 8 minutes. He could have stopped any time. He choose not to.

Derec said:
Hence, progressives take sides in favor of Noor based on his skin color and religion
Who or what are you talking about? You have made it abundantly clear that Mr. Noor’s skin color and religion are the reason you are carping about this.

They are similar enough to allow comparisons. In the ways they are dissimilar, Noor's crime is the more serious. Noor shot Damond for no reason whatsoever. Chauvin at least had a reason to restrain Floyd.
Your characterizations are risible. As I wrote above, Mr. Noor had a mistaken reason - he testified he thought Ms. Damon was a threat. He was wrong, but he did not randomly pull out his service weapon and fire across the car (missing his partner). Mr. Chauvin had no reason to continue to restrain Mr. Floyd with his knee oh Mr. Floyd's neck for as long as he did. No reason.

Noor used clearly deadly force. Chauvin's action would likely not have been deadly save for Floyd's severe fentanyl and methamphetamine intoxication. But Noor is black and Muslim, and his victim white and kafir, so he gets off easy in Minnesota, where the AG is a black Muslim./quote] You keep bringing up Mr. Ellison as if he played a role in Mr. Noor's charges, trial, convictions, sentences or subsequent court decisions yet you have presented no evidence whatsoever to actually link Mr. Ellison to any actual outcome other than your bigoted "correlation must be causation" illogic.

Derec said:
BS. But that is your typical style, flinging metaphorical shit around.
You mean like calling Mr. Floyd "my hero"? You are the one tying this to race and religion, not me. Whether you like it or not, the KKK would approve of your posts on this issue.

Mr. Chauvin did catch a break. His sentence for the civil rights violation runs currently rather than consecutively.

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A Rochester Police investigator has been put on desk duty following an altercation with an EMT outside and inside the emergency department at Strong Memorial Hospital.

The investigator’s car was parked in the ambulance bay in front of the emergency room when an EMT hit it while opening her door to unload a patient. Sources tell News10NBC that the investigator insisted on getting her identification, she insisted on bringing the patient inside first. News10NBC Investigative Reporter Jennifer Lewke was able to get an exclusive video of what happened from there.
The incident happened on Monday. The ambulance bay in front of the emergency room is typically reserved for ambulances only but the investigator was parked there, planning to go inside for a case. Sources tell News10NBC that’s when the EMT from Monroe Ambulance got out to unload the patient and hit the police car with her door.
The investigator asked for identification but the EMT was intent on getting her patient inside first. She kept moving with the man on a stretcher and when she was at the check-in desk, she was approached by the investigator, her arm pulled behind her back and cuffed before forcefully being taken outside to a police car.

Desk duty to cops is like EMT getting put on lifeguard duty at the beach.

Edit: There is no real counter in place to curtail officers giving in to their worst impulses. Lately, there have been officers getting held accountable but it's not ingrained enough. So much so that they have this "it won't happen to me" attitude.

Desk duty... for detaining a first responder?! Well, at least he isn't outside detaining other first responders.

I presume there are union rules and what not... and that is the only reason this person wasn't suspended.

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A Rochester Police investigator has been put on desk duty following an altercation with an EMT outside and inside the emergency department at Strong Memorial Hospital.

The investigator’s car was parked in the ambulance bay in front of the emergency room when an EMT hit it while opening her door to unload a patient. Sources tell News10NBC that the investigator insisted on getting her identification, she insisted on bringing the patient inside first. News10NBC Investigative Reporter Jennifer Lewke was able to get an exclusive video of what happened from there.
The incident happened on Monday. The ambulance bay in front of the emergency room is typically reserved for ambulances only but the investigator was parked there, planning to go inside for a case. Sources tell News10NBC that’s when the EMT from Monroe Ambulance got out to unload the patient and hit the police car with her door.
The investigator asked for identification but the EMT was intent on getting her patient inside first. She kept moving with the man on a stretcher and when she was at the check-in desk, she was approached by the investigator, her arm pulled behind her back and cuffed before forcefully being taken outside to a police car.
Officer suspended. Police union baffled as to why.

article said:
Rochester's police union, the Locust Club, called the investigator’s suspension “perplexing.”

“The incident in question reached a mutually acceptable resolution that day when both the investigator and the EMT were able to jointly discuss the reasons for their actions, and both accepted each other’s explanations,” it said in a statement.

Shields said that was not accurate.
Can we start needlessly cuffing officers who don't respect our private authorita?

Officer suspended. Police union baffled as to why.

article said:
Rochester's police union, the Locust Club, called the investigator’s suspension “perplexing.”

“The incident in question reached a mutually acceptable resolution that day when both the investigator and the EMT were able to jointly discuss the reasons for their actions, and both accepted each other’s explanations,” it said in a statement.

Shields said that was not accurate.
Can we start needlessly cuffing officers who don't respect our private authorita?
Yup, this is the real issue here--the police union not understanding the problem.

The police problem isn't the shootings--they're almost all justified--but the little but very numerous abuses of power.

In a recording obtained by MCIR, a Mississippi law enforcement officer can be heard bragging about killing 13 people in the line of duty, saying, “I shot that n----- 119 times, OK?”

In that recording, the supervising officer can be heard using slurs toward those Black or gay and telling another officer, “I don’t give a f--- if you kill a motherf---er in cold blood.”

JULIAN, a civil rights and international human rights organization, shared the recording with MCIR and identified the officer as Sam Dobbins, the White police chief of Lexington, a 85% majority Black town on the edge of the Mississippi Delta.

Contacted for comment, Dobbins said he was unaware of the recording.

Asked whether he killed 13 people in the line of duty, he replied, “That’s something we don’t discuss, period.”

He also denied using slurs. “I don’t talk like that,” he said.

A Florida police sergeant who was seen in body camera video grabbing another officer by her throat last year was charged with battery and assault on a law enforcement officer, officials said Thursday.

Christopher Pullease, 47, was also charged with evidence tampering and assaulting a civilian during the Nov. 19 incident, the Broward State Attorney’s office said in a statement.

Pullease, who was relieved of his supervisory duties in January, was accused of “intentionally touching or striking” the female officer against her will and assaulting her when he held pepper spray to her face, the statement said.

Back
Top Bottom