• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

He got off easy IMO.
BS. Mohammed Noor got mere five years for shooting and murdering an innocent woman.

But he has double privilege - black privilege and Muslim privilege, so he gets off with far less time.
His victim was also white, and thus counts far less in today's society as well.
1. Noor would not have been charged or convicted if he had been white-or if Ruszczyk had been black.

2. He was convicted appropriately of third degree murder And manslaughter ( although I struggle with double conviction for single murder). He had no intention of killing her; he panicked and discharged his weapon, which he should not have done as a police officer ( or human being.)

Jeremy Lee Thompson, 34, sat in his Honda Accord outside a Dollar General in south Alabama on a Sunday evening last May, clutching his chest and mouthing that he needed help. When police arrived, Thompson told them he was having a stroke, according to a federal lawsuit filed last month.

Instead of taking him to the hospital, police booked him in the Geneva County jail, dropped him in a restraint for an hour and a half and gave him Ketamine, costing him his life, the suit alleges.

“The officers brought Thompson into the jail by supporting him as Thompson’s feet dragged on the ground,” states the complaint filed in federal court in Alabama’s Middle District last month.

The suit names two City of Geneva officers, Brandon Rogers and Ethan Hendrix. Attorneys for the defendants have not yet filed an answer to the complaint. An attorney for the two officers did not respond to a request for comment.

After Thompson was finally taken to a hospital, according to the complaint, he was pronounced dead from a heart attack. An autopsy report, according to the suit, later stated the cause of death as “Toxic effects of Methamphetamine.”
Clutching his chest and claimed stroke? Huh?

And a heart attack at 34? Covid or drugs. The cause of death is probably correct although the delayed treatment sure didn't help.
OMG —someone having a medical emergency uses the wrong word to ID that medical emergency! He definitely deserved to be murdered by ketamine even though he looks white in the photo.

FFS WHY are any police officers EVER allowed access to ketamine, much less allowed to administer it???????

And Loren The Compassionate: indeed young people have heart attacks without the involvement of drugs or COVID. I realize you walk on water and you shit cotton candy but really man, your ignorance and arrogance is really out of control here.

A friend of mine was widowed when her husband dropped dead of a heart attack while playing basketball only a few years older than this unfortunate young man. No drugs, decades before COVID: just an undetected heart condition and dead, at 38, leaving a wife and 3 very young kids.

This is pretty awful even for you.

Doctors should be very interested in what punishment these officers get for medical malpractice. It would be unfair to them if the ole "nothing to see here" take is granted.

I'm also interested in why they held a man who needed medical treatment for an Hour with a Hospital just 5 minutes down the road.

It seems these officers may have simply gotten the wrong message from the boy who cried wolf story. You're supposed to stop believing the boy who repeatedly lied about the wolf, not ignore the entire village. Gosh!

It seems these officers may have simply gotten the wrong message from the boy who cried wolf story. You're supposed to stop believing the boy who repeatedly lied about the wolf, not ignore the entire village. Gosh!
No, they are ignoring the Wolf! call of "I need medical help". Frequently made, rarely with actual need.

No, they are ignoring the Wolf! call of "I need medical help". Frequently made, rarely with actual need.
It's not that fucking difficult to provide basic medical care to someone who has been restrained. In fact, in the civilised world it happens all the fucking time. People incapable of this should not never be in law enforcement. It's that fucking simple.

[Stupid tweet about Keenan Anderson]
That's not the whole video. Why just post one small part of it toward the end and not everything that led to the tazing?

And why are you posting a tweet by Hassan Mafi, who is a big supporter of the Iranian theocracy and who posts videos of the so-called "Supreme Leader" approvingly? He is also a supporter of Russia's invasion of Ukraine and he hates Israel. So of all the twits on Twitter, why did you choose him?

As far as Keenan, the full story is
- he was high on coke and weed
- he caused an accident
- he tried to steal a car to get away
- he would not follow simple commands
- he acted erratically and ran into traffic
- he claimed that police were actors, and that Cee Lo was trying to kill him
- police showed a lot of patience with him
- he only died 4.5 h after the tazing. Any causal connection is thus tenuous.

Btw, how does a high school English teacher afford a BMW? Maybe his cousin bought it for him from all the money she embezzled from #BLM.

Ah, yes. A capital crime in the Land of the FreeTM
Who said it was? Note that the cops did not shoot him or anything. They just tried to arrest him and tased him when he resisted.
Do cops Down Under carry tasers?

Who said it was? Note that the cops did not shoot him or anything. They just tried to arrest him and tased him when he resisted.
Yep, except they're trained. I'm not saying they're perfect, but the casual way you defend deaths in custody is downright barbaric.

Way to miss the point.

How is "not following simple commands" a problematic behaviour? Was this individual a sworn subordinate of the person issuing the "simple commands"?

I won't follow simple commands from people. Because I am a free man. A society in which police are permitted to commit violence against citizens for "not following simple commands" is a totalitarian police state.

Yet, you seem to casually imagine that this is a just, reasonable, and expected way for police to behave.

That's a deep and serious flaw in your character, that cannot be justified by appealing to the irrelevant fact that Australian police carry Tazers.

Way to miss the point.
You are missing the point with your strawman use of "capital crime". As if police are only authorized to use physical force when somebody is suspected of a capital crime.

How is "not following simple commands" a problematic behaviour? Was this individual a sworn subordinate of the person issuing the "simple commands"?
Police have a right to detain people, particularly in traffic situations and also when there is suspicion of a crime. In this case we had both. Keenan caused a traffic accident, and was suspected of DUI and of attempted grand theft auto.
Why you think somebody like that should not be required to follow instructions by police is baffling to me.

I won't follow simple commands from people. Because I am a free man.
This is more "sovereign citizen" than "a free man". Free people are still subject to laws. If you cause an accident, you have to deal with police. If you are suspected of DUI or attempted car theft, you have to deal with police. And you have to follow their lawful instructions. That is not optional. Otherwise, you have anarchy.

A society in which police are permitted to commit violence against citizens for "not following simple commands" is a totalitarian police state.
In a civilized society police may exercise physical force subject to relevant laws. That includes use of force to effect an arrest.

Yet, you seem to casually imagine that this is a just, reasonable, and expected way for police to behave.
Yes, I expect police to use physical force to arrest a suspect who is resisting arrest or attempting to flee.
I do not expect police to just let such people go. What you envision is a criminals' paradise. Do all the crimes you want, but police can't touch you. In a Bilbiean Utopia, everybody would be the bad guy from Lethal Weapon II.

That's a deep and serious flaw in your character, that cannot be justified by appealing to the irrelevant fact that Australian police carry Tazers.
Why is it irrelevant? It shows that even Australian police may find need to use tasers and other forms of physical force. Are they totalitarian too? Can you, "a free man" in Australia drive up coked up out of your mind, cause an accident, try to steal another car, and then try to flee and resist arrest without police using physical force? Is following lawful orders by police optional in Australia under these circumstances?

Note, your initial claim was that Keenan Anderson should not be required to follow commands by police, even though he caused an accident and was suspected of DUI and attempted grand theft auto.

Last edited:
Yep, except they're trained.
So are LAPD officers.
I'm not saying they're perfect, but the casual way you defend deaths in custody is downright barbaric.
The police showed quite a bit of restraint. And he died over four hours later anyway. Hopped up on cocaine, which puts stress on the heart.

You do know that Al Jazeera is a propaganda organ of the Qatari state, right? Even YouTube runs a disclaimer under their videos.

Screen-grab Al-Jazeera's news home page. Then screen-grab the home page of Fox News or one of the other QOPAnon sources admired by you and your Ilk. Post the pics here.

If you dare.

You do know that Al Jazeera is a propaganda organ of the Qatari state, right? Even YouTube runs a disclaimer under their videos.
Where do you get “propaganda organ” from? I see YouTube references its Wikipedia page which makes no such claim. Unless you’re considering “editorial independence” a synonym for “propaganda organ”.

Back
Top Bottom