• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

I moved to California in 1997, just a couple of years before Kamala Harris was admitted to the California bar. My father was a lawyer who had been practicing in our previous state for close to twenty years. I recall him studying for the bar for weeks and taking a bar exam course. He did pass on his first try, but the California Bar was notoriously difficult and he knew other lawyers who had to take the exam multiple times to pass. The attack on Kamala that she didn’t pass the first time at play well with the ignoranti that comprise his base but it is total weak sauce.

I don’t know if it is still true but at the time at least anyone could take the California Bar, whereas in our previous state it was required to have taken a certain amount of law school coursework to even be able to take the test. Because it was open to all it was made especially difficult.
Yes, I've heard the same thing. The CA Bar Exam is among the toughest, and its not unusual for people to have to take it multiple times to pass. Kamala Harris took the exam the 2nd time in the 1989/1990 time frame and passed. That was 34 years ago. If she and DJT were to take the CA Bar Exam today, its pretty unlikely that KH would pass (certainly not without major cram sessions ahead of time), and DT would obviously fail (as he has a business background, not a legal background in CA). Not meant to be a reflection on her abilities, but she hasn't practiced law in quite a while, and the laws in CA have certainly evolved since she took it. There's also the adage, "if you don't use it, you lose it" in play here. I took the GRE in physics back in 1985 and did pretty well, but I'd end up looking like a complete moron if I took it today. So, yeah, the meme is not really the "gotcha" that I think the creator imagined it would be. And in fact, if she scored rather poorly it could be a big backfire on her. I give it two (n).

Last edited:
Reactions: SLD

I moved to California in 1997, just a couple of years before Kamala Harris was admitted to the California bar. My father was a lawyer who had been practicing in our previous state for close to twenty years. I recall him studying for the bar for weeks and taking a bar exam course. He did pass on his first try, but the California Bar was notoriously difficult and he knew other lawyers who had to take the exam multiple times to pass. The attack on Kamala that she didn’t pass the first time at play well with the ignoranti that comprise his base but it is total weak sauce.

I don’t know if it is still true but at the time at least anyone could take the California Bar, whereas in our previous state it was required to have taken a certain amount of law school coursework to even be able to take the test. Because it was open to all it was made especially difficult.
Yes, I've heard the same thing. The CA Bar Exam is among the toughest, and its not unusual for people to have to take it multiple times to pass. Kamala Harris took the exam the 2nd time in the 1989/1990 time frame and passed. That was 34 years ago. If she and DJT were to take the CA Bar Exam today, its pretty unlikely that KH would pass (certainly not without major cram sessions ahead of time), and DT would obviously fail (as he has a business background, not a legal background). Not meant to be a reflection on her abilities, but she hasn't practiced law in quite a while, and the laws in CA have certainly evolved since she took it. There's also the adage, "if you don't use it, you lose it" in play here. I took the GRE in physics back in 1985 and did pretty well, but I'd end up looking like a complete moron if I took it today. So, yeah, the meme is not really the "gotcha" that I think the creator imagined it would be. And it fact, if she scored rather poorly it could be a big backfire on her. I give it two (n).
Sorry, I meant to say 1987, not 1997, so it is consistent with Harris’ timeframe for passing the bar.

Yes, I've heard the same thing. The CA Bar Exam is among the toughest, and its not unusual for people to have to take it multiple times to pass. Kamala Harris took the exam the 2nd time in the 1989/1990 time frame and passed. That was 34 years ago. If she and DJT were to take the CA Bar Exam today, its pretty unlikely that KH would pass (certainly not without major cram sessions ahead of time), and DT would obviously fail (as he has a business background, not a legal background in CA). Not meant to be a reflection on her abilities, but she hasn't practiced law in quite a while, and the laws in CA have certainly evolved since she took it. There's also the adage, "if you don't use it, you lose it" in play here. I took the GRE in physics back in 1985 and did pretty well, but I'd end up looking like a complete moron if I took it today. So, yeah, the meme is not really the "gotcha" that I think the creator imagined it would be. And in fact, if she scored rather poorly it could be a big backfire on her. I give it two (n).
I shared a humorous meme in the humorOUS meme thread, not the humorLESS meme thread, or... hmm... Schrödinger's Humor?

balls 2 the Walz 2024.jpg

"Tim Walz has BDE: Big Dad Energy."

If you nerds don't understand these references, just ask me.

sigh

okay.

Ballz2DaWall was a rap group; never really popular. B2DW. Expect this stylized acronym to become popular in reference to Tim Walz.

BDE usually means "Big Dick Energy" and is a glowing compliment. "Big Dad Energy" is a polite nod to this, with the addition of wonderful stories about Walz as a coach, teacher, and politician.

Back
Top Bottom