• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

Oh no, this is the right thread for the image I shared in the wrong humor thread. I'll double-share because it's hilarious.

I may pray for the same thing, for the same reason.

rowling musk sued suit olympics prayer.jpg

Oh no, this is the right thread for the image I shared in the wrong humor thread. I'll double-share because it's hilarious.

View attachment 47350
How would a civil suit result in imprisonment? And how would they grab Musk? Or would it just discourage him from traveling?

View attachment 47350
How would a civil suit result in imprisonment? And how would they grab Musk? Or would it just discourage him from traveling?
Ohh, I have *no* idea! It's in the UK. I really hope they shut up Dawkins with the same law.

I am not even educated about the case; I don't know how accurate the headline in the image/meme may be. (Remember when we called them "image macros"?)

BUT why would I post this without looking it up?? OH here you go!

In Spoilers because it's off-topic for this meme humor thread; I will copy this and paste it into a NEW thread, just give me some time. I'm all fkd up and very slow over here in PovertyAndPain Land.

J.K. Rowling Could Lose ‘Harry Potter’ Rights, Face Prison Time in New Lawsuit

Posted on August 14, 2024 by Jess Colopy

On Tuesday, Variety broke the news that Khelif filed a cyberbullying lawsuit with the anti-online hatred center of the Paris Prosecutor’s Office (National Center for the Fight Against Online Hatred). The criminal complaint specifically names J.K. Rowling and X owner/Tesla founder Elon Musk.

“On Aug. 13, (The National Center for the Fight Against Online Hatred) contacted the OCLCH (Central Office for the Fight Against Crimes Against Humanity and Hate Crimes) to conduct an investigation into the counts of cyber harassment due to gender, public insult because of gender, public incitement to discrimination and public insult because of origin,” the Paris Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement to Variety.
Khelif filed the lawsuit against X, meaning it was filed against “unknown persons” under French law. This allows prosecutors to investigate anyone on the social media platform who published hateful rhetoric against Khelif, even those writing under faceless, anonymous accounts.

J.K. Rowling and Elon Musk were named specifically in the lawsuit as examples of those spreading hate against Khelif, but they’re among thousands of users that prosecutors will investigate.

Nabil Boudi, Khelif’s French attorney, added that former United States President Donald Trump will be among the many investigated by authorities.

HAHA. WHAT IF Trump is banned from all those great golf courses! lol.

The investigation could target anyone who posted hate speech about Khelif, even those who retracted their comments or personally apologized. The lawsuit is aimed at anyone who harassed Khelif, not the social media platform itself. In serious cases, those found guilty could face prison time.

Pedro Diaz, Khelif’s coach, said the athlete and “everyone around her” was “incredibly affected” by the harassment campaign.

“The first time she fought in the Olympics, there was this crazy storm outside of the ring,” Diaz told Variety. “I had never seen anything so disgusting in my life.”

Ok, sorry for the SLIGHT derail, please look for a new thread that I will make about the case, if I don't see one that I can post in. I have standards.

More memes, please!

PS: lol, Obama!

ETA: here is the new thread, posted in MEDIA: https://iidb.org/threads/jk-rowling...ate-speech-office-imane-khelif-lawsuit.28638/

Last edited:
I will say the video is edited, and it is quite possible he is talking normally otherwise. I also like how the person says they don't want to be on camera... and the camera keeps rolling and her face is blurred out.

I think the key takeaway here is that whomever thought this was a good idea should be fired. Those workers are trying to work while he is gabbing with them. And it probably was troublesome for Vance as he probably got that this wasn't his room.

Back
Top Bottom