• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Polls of the Presidential Race

Real Clear Politics

Approval ratings
Trump - Favorable 41.3% - Unfavorable 54.8% -13.5%
Biden - Favorable 44.5% - Unfavorable 46.1% -1.6%

It is going to be a long slog to November for Trumpo.
But look at the approval numbers. They didn't stay below 40%. Trump seemingly can't lose a large chunk of the nation's support, regardless what he does. They are so brainwashed. This is exceedingly disturbing. Granted, 250,000 dead, meat sales to one package a person per week, maybe it drops to 38%.

Real Clear Politics

Approval ratings

But look at the approval numbers. They didn't stay below 40%. Trump seemingly can't lose a large chunk of the nation's support, regardless what he does. They are so brainwashed. This is exceedingly disturbing. Granted, 250,000 dead, meat sales to one package a person per week, maybe it drops to 38%.

In the Real Clear Politics aggregate polling, Biden leads Trump by 9.5%. 538 has Biden ahead by 9.2% At this point, I am comfortable. Trump is losing i a lot of swing states. 538 had Biden ahead in Florida by 6.9%. 538 has Trump support at 41.3% and dropping since April. We might just get down to 38% support when the second wave of covid-19 sweeps across America. Which experts are telling us is going to happen. A big unknown is the 7% or so of Independents who say they do not know who they will vote for, Trump or Biden.

But now, in 2020, Trump may have lost his edge among the “haters” — that is, the voters who hold an unfavorable view of both presidential candidates. Two recent national surveys found that former Vice President Joe Biden has a big lead over Trump among those who have unfavorable views of them both. An April survey from NBC News/Wall Street Journal put Biden ahead of Trump 60 percent to 10 percent, and an early May survey from Morning Consult gave Biden a lead of 46 percent to 14 percent.

Haters sunk Clinton. They broke for trump. But now Biden, though disliked by many, is winning over Trump. Smirk! Smirk!

Do remember though, a lot of voters do not follow politics or make up their minds until the last few weeks of an election. But I do not see anything working well for Trump at this point.

Real Clear Politics

Approval ratings

Nah, those numbers are rigged by mail-in polling.
It's already apparent that Trump is preparing to say "I told you it was going to be rigged!";
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/22/8815...spreads-unfounded-claims-about-voting-by-mail

(Just saying - when he says "i told you so", I am going to say I told you so. :) )

My scary thought is that it must feel really liberating for Cheato, having resigned himself to needing to "win" by overturning the election results. He probably feels much less constrained.

Trump has few results to show us for 4 years. His big one was the economy, which has cratered. Experts tell us we can expect a second wave of covid-19, which will bring this weak recovery to a screeching halt. What's left for trump? Wedge issues, Guns and fear of BLM. Fear mongering and hate. Name calling. Confederate statues! Lying. Fake news! Fake news! Red meat ranting at rallies. This will work with his hard core base, but it will not gain him votes outside that base. He has lots of money, but new swing states like Texas, Ohio, and Florida are very expensive to run big ad campaigns so Trump will have to waste money he didn't plan on having to spend. Texas? He is ahead by 1.5% there! By November the question will be, can you stand the thought of 4 more years of Trump?

Experts tell us we can expect a second wave of covid-19, which will bring this weak recovery to a screeching halt. What's left for trump?

I'm pretty sure he has thrown in the towel as far as winning a fair election. He knows that even the amount of cheating available to him is probably not enough.
So ... Mail in voting has already rigged the election thanks to the democrats, which is the only reason Trump has already lost the popular and electoral vote counts. By November, 42% of the electorate will be capable of reciting the rigging charges against democrats word for word. And they will recite loudly en masse when Trump loses. SCOTUS is likely already deliberating who to give it to, as if that is a question requiring serious consideration.

Real Clear Politics

Approval ratings

In the Real Clear Politics aggregate polling, Biden leads Trump by 9.5%. 538 has Biden ahead by 9.2% At this point, I am comfortable. Trump is losing i a lot of swing states. 538 had Biden ahead in Florida by 6.9%. 538 has Trump support at 41.3% and dropping since April. We might just get down to 38% support when the second wave of covid-19 sweeps across America. Which experts are telling us is going to happen. A big unknown is the 7% or so of Independents who say they do not know who they will vote for, Trump or Biden.

But now, in 2020, Trump may have lost his edge among the “haters” — that is, the voters who hold an unfavorable view of both presidential candidates. Two recent national surveys found that former Vice President Joe Biden has a big lead over Trump among those who have unfavorable views of them both. An April survey from NBC News/Wall Street Journal put Biden ahead of Trump 60 percent to 10 percent, and an early May survey from Morning Consult gave Biden a lead of 46 percent to 14 percent.

Haters sunk Clinton. They broke for trump. But now Biden, though disliked by many, is winning over Trump. Smirk! Smirk!

Do remember though, a lot of voters do not follow politics or make up their minds until the last few weeks of an election. But I do not see anything working well for Trump at this point.

At this point, Biden's campaign has a relatively easy job...just sit back and watch Trump implode.

At this point, Biden's campaign has a relatively easy job...just sit back and watch Trump implode.

We all thought that in 2016. Trump Admin has a death toll, and right-wing radio (even the once intellectuals) laughs it off as just Nursing Home folks.

Nothing is assured, not even Election Day or faithful electors.

What Biden needs to do is promise a return to political normalcy. An end to incivility and government by rage tweets. sweep the dead wood out of the cabinet. Send Barr packing. Put and end to appointing judges who have no experience and are rated unqualified by the Bar Association. A government not of far right ideologues, but a technocracy. Qualified experts. and end to firing anybody not an extreme Trump sycophant. A return to governmental competence and an end to the chaos and turmoil that is Trumpism. A president who is not in the pocket of Putin, who won't be snookered by little rocket man. who will heal the rifts Trump has created with our long time allies. a president who will listen to well qualified experts on subjects that need attention. Back to pre-Trump political normalcy.

What Biden needs to do is promise a return to political normalcy. An end to incivility and government by rage tweets. sweep the dead wood out of the cabinet. Send Barr packing. Put and end to appointing judges who have no experience and are rated unqualified by the Bar Association. A government not of far right ideologues, but a technocracy. Qualified experts. and end to firing anybody not an extreme Trump sycophant. A return to governmental competence and an end to the chaos and turmoil that is Trumpism. A president who is not in the pocket of Putin, who won't be snookered by little rocket man. who will heal the rifts Trump has created with our long time allies. a president who will listen to well qualified experts on subjects that need attention. Back to pre-Trump political normalcy.

I wouldn’t use “return to” in any political campaign statement. What was is what got us Trump today.
What needs to be highlighted is the failure of our “capitalism run amok” form of government. This failed “trickle down” economy in which any constraint on the moneygrubbers is bad for us all.

I wouldn’t use “return to” in any political campaign statement. What was is what got us Trump today.
What needs to be highlighted is the failure of our “capitalism run amok” form of government. This failed “trickle down” economy in which any constraint on the moneygrubbers is bad for us all.

As bad as the capitalist system is, it's still far, far better than the alternative!

Biden needs to stick with health care and whatever issue(s) will get people to the polls. Clnton ran on "I'll let Trump campaign against himself" and that failed, barely, but it failed and are suffering through a worsening pandemic because of it. Dems campaigned on health care in '18 and won a landslide. They need to stick with that narrative.

Biden needs to stick with health care and whatever issue(s) will get people to the polls. Clnton ran on "I'll let Trump campaign against himself" and that failed, barely, but it failed and are suffering through a worsening pandemic because of it. Dems campaigned on health care in '18 and won a landslide. They need to stick with that narrative.

Well, he did promise to cure cancer if elected.

And to train police to shoot people in the leg...

Not exactly sure what Biden could say that would disqualify him over Trump. I mean, yeah, a rant about "the Jews" maybe.

Not exactly sure what Biden could say that would disqualify him over Trump. I mean, yeah, a rant about "the Jews" maybe.

Yeah, that would be a tough one, especially since he does tend to own most of his serious foot in mouth events...even if he has gotten to taste his toes a lot.

Biden has a tendency for being a gaffe machine... Trump has a tendency of being an idiot out loud.

Not exactly sure what Biden could say that would disqualify him over Trump.
Maybe.
1) Stubs his toe, hisses "Damn this weak mammal body! I require a new vessel!"
2) Tents his hands like Mr Burns during the debate, watching FFvC rant, says, "Yes, yes. Let the hate flow thru you!"
3) Answers a reporter, about his pandemic response, "No, Ms. Pond, I expect you to die!"

You think Joe Biden is going to pull that off? :D

No. I don't think anyone is going to "pull that off" because those who don't already know it don't want to hear it. Solving trickle-down macro-economics is just an abstraction for pocket-protector geek people to fret over, not something that can provide the liver transplant Bubba needs and can't pay for.

I agree with Mr. Higgins - the silver bullet is right in front of Sleepy Joe, and it's health care. By November this pandemic will probably be re-ravaging the Country. We'll have an epidemic compounded by flu season, and either the diseases running amok, or the effects of trying to control them will be paramount in the minds of voters left right and center. Remember Trump's promises on healthcare, anyone? Biden needs only to commit them all to memory. If he can do that and refuse to take the bait on anything else, Trump absolutely can and IMO will un-elect himself.

Back
Top Bottom