• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Post 2022 Election

The left is no less corrupt than the right.
“No less”? Really? I could concede both sides are corrupt but I’m not sure they are equally so.
Yes really.

The attack ads have the same format on both sides. Fear mongering.

Do you really think Biden did not know anything about what Hunter was doing? Do you think Hunter Biden got a high posuiion in a Ukrainian energy company for anything but currying political favor?

Not on the scale of the Trump family but corruption none the less. It is endemic on all sides in DC.
“Not on the scale of the Trump family” was exactly my point. Please reread my post.

Let’s put it this way: you name all of Biden’s scandals and I’ll name all of Trump’s. Then we’ll compare and decide if Biden is “no less” corrupt than his counterpart.

If you reread my post you’ll see that I didn’t see issue with the accusation of corruption but with the assertion of the equivalence.

Reactions: jab
Preparing for the coming battle for GOP House speaker. Will the pro-Trump MAGA crazies take over? The Tea Party GOP eager to move beyond Trump? Will moderate GOP House members start to be important? Meanwhile knives seem to be out for McConnell. Will the small government, burn it all down Republicans take over? Or will the realization most Americans do not want that cause the GOP to reconsider small government radicaliztion?

The left is no less corrupt than the right.
“No less”? Really? I could concede both sides are corrupt but I’m not sure they are equally so.
Yes really.

The attack ads have the same format on both sides. Fear mongering.

Do you really think Biden did not know anything about what Hunter was doing? Do you think Hunter Biden got a high posuiion in a Ukrainian energy company for anything but currying political favor?

Not on the scale of the Trump family but corruption none the less. It is endemic on all sides in DC.
People try to live off the reputations of their parents all the time. Of course a company might hire a son or a daughter in anticipation of some future favors. Dosn't mean that it happened though. There is no quid pro quo.

I think Biden is an idiot for running in 2024. Though he hasn't "officially" announced his candidacy, he said that he intends to do so in January, so I guess there is still time to walk back on that promise... but regardless, he's a 200-year old coot with approval numbers as bad as Trump's. Just because Kamala Harris turned out to be a flop, doesn't mean there isn't someone else in the democratic party that could give it a try.

Has Harris performed badly as VP? VP is not a job that lets its holder shine. I thought she lacked charisma three years ago and still does.

From my (very distant) perspective, Gavin Newsom seems to be the main hope. How's he?

Assuming for a moment that DeSantis manages to sideline Trump's abusive hold on the GOP, what better candidate to run against the "Don't Say Gay" governor than Pete Buttigieg?

Archie Bunker finally figured out that Trump and MTG are crackpots; it was Archie that won the elections for the Ds. But how do you think Archie still feels about "queers"?

I do hope you yanks will finish your elections soon. I for one am most tired of still hearing about it on our nightly news.

Enjoy January. By February it will be non-stop discussion of the 2024 elections.

Yahoo News is reporting that the GOP had big problems with young voters. Who turned out to vote in good numbers and overwhelmingly supported Democrats.

Somebody with more time than me, and/or more scripting ability want to go through the house votes and tally the D vs R votes and compare to the ratio of actual elected representatives?

Politico has a good map.

I know she'd have me assassinated for saying this but we need Michelle Obama to announce shes running for president. I mean hilliary tried to put the Clinton's back in the office why not the Obama's?

I don't think the republican party can handle her much less Desantis.

Michigan's Gretchen Whitmire is getting a lot of support in some quarters as a 2024 candidate if Biden does not run. I am not really familiar with her policy agenda.

I know she'd have me assassinated for saying this but we need Michelle Obama to announce shes running for president. I mean hilliary tried to put the Clinton's back in the office why not the Obama's?
But Hillary failed. And she was a former senator and secretary of state and not just a first lady.

But Hillary failed. And she was a former senator and secretary of state and not just a first lady.

Trump was president and before that he was.....

…. a piece of shit. And remains a piece of shit.

So, what’s your point?

Thought it was obvious. Having previous experience in Government is no longer required to win the Presidency. This is not to say that Michelle Obama doesn't have experience in government.

So, what’s your point?

Thought it was obvious. Having previous experience in Government is no longer required to win the Presidency. This is not to say that Michelle Obama doesn't have experience in government.

Dang. I thought that was obvious beyond any need to point it out!
True, and demonstrated. If a piece of shut with no experience can do it, then it should be a cakewalk for anyone who isn’t a piece of shit.

To me the biggest drawback to that is that I don't believe Michelle was a huge fan of Barack being POTUS and is even less interested in the office for herself. I think she's great. She's smart and public service minded and she knows the ropes pretty well. But it's a tough tough tough job even if you want it. And it's tough for your family as well.

Besides, there are other well qualified black people in America, male and female.

So, what’s your point?

Dang. I thought that was obvious beyond any need to point it out!
True, and demonstrated. If a piece of shut with no experience can do it, then it should be a cakewalk for anyone who isn’t a piece of shit.

I guess I wasn't supposed to answer your question? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me the biggest drawback to that is that I don't believe Michelle was a huge fan of Barack being POTUS and is even less interested in the office for herself. I think she's great. She's smart and public service minded and she knows the ropes pretty well. But it's a tough tough tough job even if you want it. And it's tough for your family as well.

Besides, there are other well qualified black people in America, male and female.
We are pretty much giving up if we let any decent person be President. Michelle Obama was one of the best First Lady's in a hyper-partisan setting. But her experience for the POTUS position is minimal. Her husband was surfing on the light side of the needed experience, but was a Constitutional Law guy, and was a Senator.

I do hope you yanks will finish your elections soon. I for one am most tired of still hearing about it on our nightly news.

Enjoy January. By February it will be non-stop discussion of the 2024 elections.
Can't wait for that :mad: :eek:

For what we about to receive may the Lord make us truly thankful.

From the sunday pundits, McCarthy can either suport Trump in his election bid or not get elected speaker.

The GOP has a massive split personality. The MAGA faction got wolloped in this past election. But they are the fanatical/crazy half. It would be really fun to watch if it didn't matter so much.
I would say instead that the GOP is just starting to extract themselves from an abusive relationship.

"Yeah, that Trump guy...he's a bad boy, but he drives a nice car and buys me nice things. He's got a temper, but if I'm just really nice to him it'll be okay."

(Six years later) "I'm scared to leave him. He says I'm nothing without him. He still has the nice car and buys nice things, but not as much as before. I know I'm better than this, but he'll just be so angry if I leave. Maybe I can just tough it out and he'll change. I have to hang up now, he's just pulled into the driveway."

The Democrats?

On the way home from work today I heard an interview on NPR where a Democratic Representative who lost her bid for Secretary of State completely dodged a question about the um...elderly nature of the leadership. The host asked point blank about the fact that Biden is going to be 80, Pelosi is 82, and Schumer is in his 70s.

This is a problem...especially given the (finally) decent turnout of "Gen Z" this time around. They're awake and willing to participate, but 2 years from now the D nominee will likely either be Biden or Harris because it is her "turn." Um...folks...you have a candidate that would be able to engage this new generation of suddenly interested voters. He's currently Transportation Secretary. He's intelligent, eloquent, and checks off a lot of boxes that "the kids today" find appealing. But you're not gonna do that, are you?

Assuming for a moment that DeSantis manages to sideline Trump's abusive hold on the GOP, what better candidate to run against the "Don't Say Gay" governor than Pete Buttigieg?
I didn't know Harris was elderly.

Back
Top Bottom