• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racist imagery

I'd expect that more from a few other posters.

You callin’ me an over sensitive little bitch?
:hysterical:

I’m just an equal opportunity critic of all things social. (And leprechauns aren't real.)

Seriously, who are you and what have you done with Elixir, a guy who knows that bigotry is not equal opportunity by any means.

I'd expect that more from a few other posters.

You callin’ me an over sensitive little bitch?
:hysterical:

I’m just an equal opportunity critic of all things social. (And leprechauns aren't real.)

Seriously, who are you and what have you done with Elixir, a guy who knows that bigotry is not equal opportunity by any means.

I thought Lucky Charms were for kids, fer chrissakes! It's not like you can filibuster Congress by taking as long as possible to eat Lucky Charms!(should have put it in politcal pics - pls move if you agree!)

I thought Lucky Charms were for kids, fer chrissakes! (should have put it in politcal pics - pls move if you agree!)

No, TRIX are for kids.

Sorry, Elixir, it's your turn

[WEBM]https://media.giphy.com/media/5qFDrz8CE75GzT9qJW/giphy.mp4[/WEBM]

Nobody's cancelling Elixir, Tucker Carlson. I'm just flummoxed, that's all.

Everybody has their blind spot.

Thanks, Poli.
Some things are harder to convey than others... I am simply amazed at what passes for "points" on the extreme right. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.
The sincerity and depth of feeling with which Ted Cruz reads Green Eggs and Ham is also something I find profoundly moving.

Everybody has their blind spot.

Thanks, Poli.
Some things are harder to convey than others... I am simply amazed at what passes for "points" on the extreme right. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.
The sincerity and depth of feeling with which Ted Cruz reads Green Eggs and Ham is also something I find profoundly moving.

Ah, ok. But maybe a cartoon implying that black people are sensitive little bitches should better fit the Political Images thread and maybe a note that you are posting it ironically and not because you think implying that black people are sensitive little bitches is funny. I was just really confused that you of all people would post something like that as if it's funny as presented.

... maybe a note that you are posting it ironically and not because you think implying that black people are sensitive little bitches is funny.

That's not what I thought was funny. It was funny to me at the time that Lucky Fucking Charms still having their stupid leprechaun on St Patrick's day seemed to be a Great Equalizer to some right winger somewhere - a brilliant counter to the criticisms being leveled against them... sensitive little bitches that they are. Still strikes me funny, but YMMV and I should have couched it differently I guess.

... maybe a note that you are posting it ironically and not because you think implying that black people are sensitive little bitches is funny.

That's not what I thought was funny. It was funny to me at the time that Lucky Fucking Charms still having their stupid leprechaun on St Patrick's day seemed to be a Great Equalizer to some right winger somewhere - a brilliant counter to the criticisms being leveled against them... sensitive little bitches that they are. Still strikes me funny, but YMMV and I should have couched it differently I guess.

No, I got that, as I said. It just wasn't clear. Seeing that specific cartoon, I would expect certain other user names next to it because they do think it's funny to imply that black people are sensitive little bitches.

All this reminds me of something I posted on Facebook in 2016. It was a propaganda meme about David Hogg but what was hilarious to me was that it had words like "bullshits," which gave it away as a Russian generated meme. I thought my friends would see that and find it hilariously stupid of Russian propagandists. But it didn't have that effect. The message intended by the meme is what people saw, intelligent people, not people who are lacking in some quality that allows them to "see," and they got mad. So I just admitted it was a mistake and deleted the post. The end.

No, I got that, as I said. It just wasn't clear. Seeing that specific cartoon, I would expect certain other user names next to it because they do think it's funny to imply that black people are sensitive little bitches.

All this reminds me of something I posted on Facebook in 2016. It was a propaganda meme about David Hogg but what was hilarious to me was that it had words like "bullshits," which gave it away as a Russian generated meme. I thought my friends would see that and find it hilariously stupid of Russian propagandists. But it didn't have that effect. The message intended by the meme is what people saw, intelligent people, not people who are lacking in some quality that allows them to "see," and they got mad. So I just admitted it was a mistake and deleted the post. The end.

I think I would understand this discussion better if someone could explain to me what exactly is wrong about being sensitive, even hypersensitive?

Perhaps split this to a new thread. Since it's actually not a terribly funny topic once you get into it.

I think I would understand this discussion better if someone could explain to me what exactly is wrong about being sensitive, even hypersensitive?

Perhaps split this to a new thread. Since it's actually not a terribly funny topic once you get into it.

My mistake- it may have been "got" if I had put it in the political images thread... :(

My mistake- it may have been "got" if I had put it in the political images thread... :(
*cancelled*

:D

No one's being cancelled. There's a reason a lot of people would be offended by the implication that black people and their allies are sensitive little bitches and why that is a heinous thing to say or imply. There's literally no other layer of humor in that image.

Elixir is one of the most progressive and open hearted liberals among us, and so it's is unfathomable that he would post such a cartoon expecting us to laugh at it. I know a few users here who spooge over such cartoons because it makes them feel righteous in their dismissal of people who are not bigots, but not Elixir. Still not sure why, and that's fine, but there's no decent humor in that cartoon given what triggered it to be created in the first place.

Y'all can gang up and snark at me all you want, but you know there's no reasonable defense in response to my comments here. :confused2:

Back
Top Bottom