• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Return of Kings: Supporters of website touting 'legalising rape' to meet across Australia

But there are consequences to irresponsible behavior.

One of the consequences of men behaving irresponsibly by treating women as objects and as not worthwhile considering as actual human beings is that some men take it too far and decided that its fine to sexually assault women, children, and sometimes other men simply because they can. And why not? Irresponsible men blame the victims, tell them it's their fault for not behaving in some different manner that would fail to attract the lust and/or ire of rapists.

So when are men going to accept responsibility and stop modeling and applauding behavior that allows men to be rapists?

When?

- - - Updated - - -

One of the consequences of men behaving irresponsibly by treating women as objects and as not worthwhile considering as actual human beings is that some men take it too far and decided that its fine to sexually assault women, children, and sometimes other men simply because they can. And why not? Irresponsible men blame the victims, tell them it's their fault for not behaving in some different manner that would fail to attract the lust and/or ire of rapists.

So when are men going to accept responsibility and stop modeling and applauding behavior that allows men to be rapists?

When?

For the sake of argument, let's say you have stumbled upon a universal truth. What can we now do with this knowledge?

Is there a conservation of responsibility?

If a the victim of a crime is responsible, in some degree, for their victimization, does this diminish the responsibility of the perpetrator? Can we quantify this? Maybe some sort of schedule such as this:

Living in a high crime neighborhood = 10%
Walking home down a poorly lit street= 10%
Exposing too much skin=40%
Public intoxication=50%

If we use this scale, it would be possible for a scantily dressed woman who lived in a high crime area, to get drunk in a bar and walk home by way of a dark alley, and subsequently be raped by a man who took advantage of her self inflicted lack of awareness. She would be 110% responsible for her own rape, meaning she actually owed something to her attacker, for contributing to his delinquency.

Perhaps we could expand the Principle of Conservation of Responsibility to other crimes, such as burglary, and give reduced sentences in cases where it was shown the victim's door was too easy to kick in.

This is where you're fundamentally wrong. Part of the definition of "responsibility" is a duty to deal with something.
The victim of a crime does not have a duty to prevent the criminal's behavior. That is the entire reason why police officers exist, so that ordinary civilians will not have to be tasked with crime prevention as part of their day-to-day existence.

You're going to deal with the bad circumstances one way or another
The existence of rapists is not an accident of circumstance; you don't forget to read the weather forecast one day and accidentally walk out into a rape storm (except in anime movies).

It can be said that a person has a responsibility to avoid accidents -- you should watch where you're going, you should drive carefully, you should make sure your kitchen appliances aren't left unattended and running in the presence of small children. But rape is not an accident; the ONLY way it can happen is if a rapist chooses to take action.

There are lots of reasons why would-be victims might take extra steps to account for the bad choices of others. Caution, paranoia, trauma, training. "Responsibility" isn't the word you're looking for.

I've made no pronouncements about my abilities only my sense of responsibility.
If you, Nexus, have not taken the requisite training classes or purchased the self-defense equipment needed to be confident in your ability to prevent me from raping you at gunpoint, then you are simply full of shit.

I learned a very interesting fact. If you kick one teenage boy in the balls, the other five will grab theirs and you can get away.

The point is you are putting yourself way off balance aiming that high. If they step back and grab your leg you're in a very bad position.

I have GOT to find the portal to whatever fantasy world you're living in. It seems like a fascinating place!

Not that I applaud rapists but why should I be responsible for some bimbo's bad choices ? Rapists exist, just mind how you go. Why should women not have to face the consequences of bad choices. Rapists get banged up in jail all the time, I'm pretty sure these rapists know it's a crime before they do what they do.

I wish I could go through life with out the consequences for my bad choices.

Not that I applaud rapists but why should I be responsible for some bimbo's bad choices ? Rapists exist, just mind how you go. Why should women not have to face the consequences of bad choices. Rapists get banged up in jail all the time, I'm pretty sure these rapists know it's a crime before they do what they do.

So, no you don't really believe in personal responsibility.

You just happen to belong to a demographic which experiences a low rate of rape.

Behave yourself. You believe all men are either rapists, would like to be rapists or applaud rapists. It's perverse.

Behave yourself. You believe all men are either rapists, would like to be rapists or applaud rapists. It's perverse.

Consider the following:
Wonder Woman said:
Not that I applaud bimbos but why should I be responsible for some rapist's bad choices ? Bimbos exist, just mind how you go. Why should men not have to face the consequences of bad choices. Women get slapped around by their johns all the time, I'm pretty sure these bimbos know it's a crime before they do what they do.

Just tell me this: what portion of the responsibility would you bear if I decided to rape you?

Consider the following:
Wonder Woman said:
Not that I applaud bimbos but why should I be responsible for some rapist's bad choices ? Bimbos exist, just mind how you go. Why should men not have to face the consequences of bad choices. Women get slapped around by their johns all the time, I'm pretty sure these bimbos know it's a crime before they do what they do.

Just tell me this: what portion of the responsibility would you bear if I decided to rape you?

We live in an often times hostile world, not the world we would like to live in where everybody is nice to each other.

And I wouldn't applaud you for raping me or anyone else. I'd expect you to go to jail.

Why should women not have to face the consequences of bad choices.

Why should victims of drunk drivers not have to face the consequences of bad choices of being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Why should the victims of armed robbers not have to face the consequences of bad choices of carrying cash and clean cut clothes?
Why should arson victims not have to face the consequences of bad choices of being around flammable materials?
Why should victims of airline disasters not have to face the consequences of bad choices of living in a flight path or choosing an airline based upon cost?

Why should women not have to face the consequences of bad choices.

Why should victims of drunk drivers not have to face the consequences of bad choices of being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Why should the victims of armed robbers not have to face the consequences of bad choices of carrying cash and clean cut clothes?
Why should arson victims not have to face the consequences of bad choices of being around flammable materials?
Why should victims of airline disasters not have to face the consequences of bad choices of living in a flight path or choosing an airline based upon cost?

There are all silly comparisons. I'll give you 1/10 for effort.

So, why not just talk about what the ROTK website represents when it is not lamely making a dumb tribute to A Modest Proposal?

I think that topic is large enough. I make no judgments about that now...

There are all silly comparisons. I'll give you 1/10 for effort.
Why are they silly? You are telling us that a woman is responsible for her rape. Why would these people not be responsible? A person on the street corner at 3 am on a Saturday should know that there are drunk drivers on the road. Yet they are out there assuming the risks.

Armed robbery victims know that having watches and fine clothes make them greater targets for armed robbery. They know the risks. Why are they not held responsible?

Arson victims knows many things burn quickly, yet they choose to live and work in structures that can easily catch fire and burn to the ground. Isn't that their choice? If it is, then they are responsible.

Doesn't living in a flight path greatly increase your chances of having an airplane crash into your house? Aren't nearly all plane crash victims passengers in the plane that crashes? They took the risks?

Since you don't agree with me on these, why is a rape victim somehow different?

I have nothing against being prepared, but there are a couple of things here that are troubling if you focus on the risk management side alone:

#1) A large majority of rapes come from people the victim knows and presumably trusts. A constant vigil stance is not a good stance for forming meaningful relationships since trust is needed.

#2) This shifts the blame onto the victim for not having the will/resources to fight off a rapist. This also compounds the mental anguish after a rape: "If only I could have used my training, I know better than to..."

Here is the other problem with his "shirk your responsibilities you suffer the consequences" victim-blaming:

He is (inadvertently) advocating for women to never trust any man under any circumstances... something I am very sure he would also be very quick to criticize. After all... #notallmen

But if he is going to insist that it is a woman's responsibility to avoid being raped, there will ALWAYS be something else she "coulda shoulda done". Even staying home alone 100% of the time is a guarantee against being raped, so I wonder exactly how much precaution is enough for Nexis?

Sorry, they are ridiculous.

No, the question had to do with asking you the rationale behind your conclusion so that you could show how you got to it. It wasn't a request to have you restate the conclusion without any additional information.

They are so silly they are not worth a response.

No, the question had to do with asking you the rationale behind your conclusion so that you could show how you got to it. It wasn't a request to have you restate the conclusion without any additional information.

Yes, I know. I use the same response when trying to find a way to defend a position which I don't actually have a decent reason for holding. It's easier to try and distract the conversation away from that fact an it is to try and figure out how I came to the conclusions which I have and perhaps even begin to question them. It's a good debating technique for you to use.

Yes, I know. I use the same response when trying to find a way to defend a position which I don't actually have a decent reason for holding. It's easier to try and distract the conversation away from that fact an it is to try and figure out how I came to the conclusions which I have and perhaps even begin to question them. It's a good debating technique for you to use.

Male bovine excrement, it's the usual bait switch that goes on here. Tedious beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom