• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Right Wing Terrorism

Has anyone mentioned the two idiots that planned on taking down the power grid in Maryland?

https://wapo.st/3X6Fw9q

A neo-Nazi leader recently released from prison is accused of plotting an attack on the Maryland power grid with a woman he met while incarcerated.
The charges against Brandon Russell, 27, and Sarah Clendaniel, 34, come amid a spate of sabotage targeting power stations across the country. Gunfire at two North Carolina substations in December left 45,000 people without power for several days. Most of the cases remain unsolved, but authorities and experts say they follow increased interest among white supremacists in targeting electric infrastructure.

“If we can pull off what I’m hoping … this would be legendary,” Clendaniel said on Jan. 29, according to the court record. She was speaking to a federal informant, who was having similar discussions with Russell.
The two appeared in court Monday in Baltimore and Florida federal courts on a charge of conspiring to destroy an energy facility, which carries up to 20 years in prison.
According to prosecutors, their plan was to attack with gunfire five substations that serve the Baltimore area. In conversations about the plot, according to court documents, Clendaniel “described how there was a ‘ring’ around Baltimore and if they hit a number of them all in the same day, they ‘would completely destroy this whole city.’”

It's a gifted article so if interested, anyone should be able to access the entire piece.

WTF is wrong with people. I'm glad they were stupid enough to be discovered before they could do any damage.

In before the whataboutism "anteepha is just bad !!!!11111" rears its head. Because as we all know, throwing a rock at a window is just as bad.
Sigh. #BLM/Antifa did far worse than that in 2020 alone. Including numerous arsons.
merlin_172983978_6626ace5-c580-4873-b494-24a4da5dac40-superJumbo.jpg

Including actually killing people like a retired police captain and a random guy in a pawn shop a #BLMer torched.

But that's all "mostly peaceful protest" to the Left and the mainstream media.
CNN-Headline-Fiery-2.jpg
Great pictures. So pow’ful.
Both of those violent events were precipitated by Right Wing Extremist agitators.
Why don’t you know that?

Has anyone mentioned the two idiots that planned on taking down the power grid in Maryland?
See post #99.
Thanks. I haven't read all of the posts, but perhaps the WaPo article adds some more info about these two idiots. I read it yesterday and could not believe how proud they were about possibly doing something that would hurt so many people and cost the city so much money to repair its utility infrastructure. I thought it would be foreign governments that might try to mess with our power systems but here we have Neo Nazis around to do that job for them.

we have Neo Nazis around to do that job for them.
And those neo Nazis have the tacit approval of the Olegs and Derecs of the world, who are too worried about the terrifying spectre of CRT or the dreaded property damage wrought by RW plants at BLM protests, to be concerned about the many millions worth of damage done to public infrastructure by a few trigger happy RW loons. Much better to worry about all that reverse discrimination that is keeping them poor and suppressed!

we have Neo Nazis around to do that job for them.
And those neo Nazis have the tacit approval of the Olegs and Derecs of the world, who are too worried about the terrifying spectre of CRT or the dreaded property damage wrought by RW plants at BLM protests, to be concerned about the many millions worth of damage done to public infrastructure by a few trigger happy RW loons. Much better to worry about all that reverse discrimination that is keeping them poor and suppressed!
I hope those two don't support Nazis but they do seem more concerned about BLM, CRT and Antifa, than the right wing terrorists who are purposely doing things to hurt others. It's so obvious that the right wing is currently producing terrorists and the right wing news sources are sometimes influencing these people in harmful ways, regardless if that's their intention or not.

This week, some antisemites put nasty literature in neighborhoods in Atlanta that are. heavily populated by Jewish people. However, Georgia's one Jewish Congress member has gotten some bipartisan support to come up with a bill that will clearly define antisemitism and the penalties that will apply to those who commit such hate crimes. Sometimes these haters end up hurting themselves more than those who they are trying to harm. And, let's be honest. An awful lot of them are really stupid. It's kind of sad to see stupid people being manipulated by right wing Congress people and news sources.

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — A woman was arrested on charges of setting fire to a building in Wyoming that was being renovated to house the state’s only full-service abortion clinic, authorities said Wednesday, hours after a judge temporarily blocked a ban on abortion that went into effect a few days ago.

Lorna Roxanne Green, 22, of Casper, was arrested on Tuesday by Casper police and agents from the FBI and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Wyoming U.S. Attorney Nicholas Vassallo said in a statement.

Green faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted, according to the statement. She is scheduled to appear in federal court in Cheyenne on Thursday morning.

A Dublin man and another man identified by federal prosecutors as white supremacists who plotted to attack the U.S. power grid were sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court in Columbus.

Christopher Brenner Cook, 21, of Dublin, was sentenced to seven years and eight months in prison. Jonathan Allen Frost, 25, who had addresses in Katy, Texas, and West Lafayette, Indiana, was sentenced to five years in prison.

A third man convicted in the scheme, 22-year-old Jackson Matthew Sawall, of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will be sentenced at a later date.

All three men pleaded guilty in February 2022 to one count each of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists.

In late 2019 and 2020, the men plotted, amassed weapons and recruited juveniles to the cause using neo-Nazi propaganda, according to court documents.

The plan was to attack substations with powerful rifles, federal prosecutors said. The three men believed disrupting the power supply for many months would cost the government millions of dollars and cause unrest, possibly sparking a race war or inducing the next Great Depression, prosecutors said.

The men, according to court records, had "suicide necklaces" containing fentanyl that they planned to ingest should law enforcement capture them.

The master race strikes again.

If she is guilty I hope she gets the maximum.
I wonder if you think the same about arsons by left-wing radicals, including #BLMers? I know Ziprhead et al do not.

For example Montez Lee set a pawn shop on fire during the 2020 riots. He got a lenient sentence (10 years which is half the federal sentencing guidelines) because the prosecutor form the Biden-Garland DOJ agreed with the arsonist's politics. Oh, and he also killed somebody in that arson.
Prosecutors argued for shorter sentence in 2020 arson that killed a man
NYC arsonist lawyers Colinford Mattis and Urooj Rahman likewise received lenient sentences, far below the maximum they were facing.

A more recent case:
DNA on a Burrito Leads to Arrest in Firebombing Case
NY Times said:
A Wisconsin man was identified from DNA pulled from a partially eaten burrito and arrested in the firebombing of an anti-abortion lobbying group’s office last year, prosecutors said.
The man, Hridindu Sankar Roychowdhury, 29, of Madison, Wis., was arrested at Logan International Airport in Boston on Tuesday, according to the office of the U.S. attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin in Madison.
He was charged with one felony count of attempting to cause damage by means of fire or an explosive.

If she should get the max, then so should he. But probably a sympathetic Biden-Garland prosecutor will argue for leniency because of this arsonist's politics. Like with Montez Lee.

I'm guessing now that Fort Lee is no longer named for a confederate secessionist general all those butthurt right wingers will be planning more violence.

US Army renames Fort Lee after 2 pioneering Black Army officers

This will definitely make some right wing heads explode.
I wonder if they're going to roll out anything new or just trot out the same old junk about "destroying our heritage", as if the inheritance of the heritage isn't "rank fucking racism".

Back
Top Bottom