• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Right Wing Terrorism

Waste of a life. Probably a smart kid, a lot of them are. But we make our choices...

Now there are 5 offspring growing up with their daddy’s legacy. I do hope they’re not each another racist mini-me bigot.

If she is guilty I hope she gets the maximum.
I wonder if you think the same about arsons by left-wing radicals, including #BLMers? I know Ziprhead et al do not.

For example Montez Lee set a pawn shop on fire during the 2020 riots. He got a lenient sentence (10 years which is half the federal sentencing guidelines) because the prosecutor form the Biden-Garland DOJ agreed with the arsonist's politics. Oh, and he also killed somebody in that arson.
Prosecutors argued for shorter sentence in 2020 arson that killed a man
Another in a long line of attempts to always turn the conversation to anti-BLM.

But seriously, you don’t see a difference between someone who sets out with a specific plan to create harm and stop a business from opening with destructive crimes that happen during a riot?

I would expect different sentences for those two things.

Back to the thread topic which is Right Wing Terrorism - understanding that terrorism is defined by criminal/violent acts intended to further a political agenda.

Interesting, I wonder if you know that someone even started a whole thread for that topic?
I know what threads I started, thank you very much.
I mentioned it here to point out the hypocrisy in how left-wing vs. right-wing violence is dealt with on here, as well as in the media.
You can't make that juxtaposition without mentioning both in the same thread, duh!

Another in a long line of attempts to always turn the conversation to anti-BLM.
It's about pointing out hypocrisy when it comes to political violence. On here, in media, and even in Biden's DOJ (arguing for a lenient sentence for Lee because of his leftist #BLM political beliefs). Arson is arson, and should not be judged based on whether or not we agree with the arsonist.
But seriously, you don’t see a difference between someone who sets out with a specific plan to create harm and stop a business from opening with destructive crimes that happen during a riot?
Arson with a political motivation is arson with a political motivation no matter if it happens as a stand-alone action or a part of a larger period of unrest. And when an arson leads to somebody being killed, the arsonist should not get away with a light sentence just because he is a #BLMer and the prosecutor likes his politics.

But let's bracket out Lee's arson. What about the arson at an abortion clinic vs. at an anti-abortion group's office? Is the former more deserving of the maximum sentence because of politics? Is the latter arson more justifiable?
What do you think?
DNA on a Burrito Leads to Arrest in Firebombing Case
NY Times said:
A Wisconsin man was identified from DNA pulled from a partially eaten burrito and arrested in the firebombing of an anti-abortion lobbying group’s office last year, prosecutors said.
The man, Hridindu Sankar Roychowdhury, 29, of Madison, Wis., was arrested at Logan International Airport in Boston on Tuesday, according to the office of the U.S. attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin in Madison.
[...]
Inside were the headquarters of Wisconsin Family Action, an anti-abortion group that appeared to be the target of the attack. The police said that they found graffiti spray-painted on the building’s exterior that read, “If abortions aren’t safe then you aren’t either.”
[...]
If convicted, Mr. Roychowdhury faces a mandatory minimum penalty of five years in prison and a maximum of 20 years, prosecutors said.

Speaking about the abortion clinic arson, crazyfinger wrote:

If she is guilty I hope she gets the maximum.
Should the same not apply to left-wing arsonists like Montez Lee or Hridindu Sankar Roychowdhury as well? (And I just noticed the guy has "dindu" right in his name. LMAO!)

I would expect different sentences for those two things.
I do not think it should matter if it was part of a riot or not. That one lead to a death should matter though.

Back to the thread topic which is Right Wing Terrorism - understanding that terrorism is defined by criminal/violent acts intended to further a political agenda.
Whether or not that political agenda is right- or left-wing (#BLM, Antifa, anti-pipeline, anti-Cop City etc.)

And no, one cannot compare these matters without bringing them up in the same thread. So this is explicitly on-topic and not a derail.

Arson is arson, and should not be judged based on whether or not we agree with the arsonist.
That's utterly absurd.

Civilisation is, to a large degree, the act of appropriately judging actions based on whether or not people agree with the people who are acting.

We don't judge a kidnapper in the exact same way that we judge a police officer, by saying "incarceration is incarceration, and shouldn't be judged based on whether or not we agree with the person who takes someone off the street and locks them up".

We don't judge the guys who stormed the beaches at Normandy in the exact same way that we judge a school shooter, even though "shooting people is shooting people".

Circumstances matter. That's why we have judges and courts to consider each case of alleged wrongdoing on it's own merits, and why not every person convicted under a given statute is subject to the exact same sentence. Mitigation and aggravation are real issues that need to be addressed on a case by case basis.

Reality is messy, and pretending that it's simple is a good way to make society far less pleasant to live in. Totalitarian police states are not nice places to live, and a major reason for this is that they brook no consideration of mitigating factors, nor of justified motivations* for breaking the law.

*other than "because I am in charge, and you're not"

Interesting, I wonder if you know that someone even started a whole thread for that topic?
I mentioned it here to point out the hypocrisy in how left-wing vs. right-wing violence is dealt with on here, as well as in the media.
You can't make that juxtaposition without mentioning both in the same thread, duh!
Yes, we all know about your tired :hobbyhorse:derail.

Man arrested and charged with arson in two Minneapolis mosque fires, federal prosecutors say - CNN

Authorities have arrested and charged with arson a man federal prosecutors said is responsible for setting fires at two Minneapolis mosques and separately spray-painting the district office door of a Muslim American member of Congress, according to a news release from the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota.

Jackie Rahm Little, 36, also known as Joel Arthur Tueting, was arrested Saturday by the Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office before being taken into federal custody a day later by agents from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the release said.

Little had a court appearance Monday but didn’t enter a plea, CNN affiliate WCCO reported. He has a “known history of arson or suspected arson,” including one incident occurring just last year, according to the affidavit in support of the complaint against him.

It was not clear if Little has an attorney.

According to the affidavit, Little allegedly started a fire the evening of April 23 in a bathroom at the Masjid Omar Islamic Center, located in what’s commonly known within the community as Somali Mall.

On April 24, the affidavit says, Little was seen in surveillance footage going into the Masjid Al-Rahma Mosque, or Mercy Islamic Center, where a fire erupted on the third floor soon after, prompting an evacuation, including about 40 children. The damage likely totaled tens of thousands of dollars, the affidavit says, citing a mosque representative.

No one was hurt in either incident.

Damage from the April 24, 2023, fire at Masjid Al-Rahma Mosque is seen in this image provided by the US Attorney's Office, District of Minnesota.
US Attorney's Office, District of Minnesota

The fires came months after Little allegedly harassed a member of the US House of Representatives, whose name was redacted from the affidavit. The office of Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar confirmed she was the representative targeted.

Little sent emails to the representative’s congressional email account in late December, the affidavit says. In January, surveillance footage showed him entering the representative’s district office, and he allegedly spray-painted “500” on the front door. Little spray-painted the same “500” on the side of a patrol vehicle belonging to a Somali officer for the Minneapolis Police Department and in an entryway to Somali Mall, the affidavit said.

The meaning of the graffiti is unknown, the affidavit said.

Man arrested and charged with arson in two Minneapolis mosque fires, federal prosecutors say - CNN

Authorities have arrested and charged with arson a man federal prosecutors said is responsible for setting fires at two Minneapolis mosques and separately spray-painting the district office door of a Muslim American member of Congress, according to a news release from the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota.

Jackie Rahm Little, 36, also known as Joel Arthur Tueting, was arrested Saturday by the Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office before being taken into federal custody a day later by agents from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the release said.

Little had a court appearance Monday but didn’t enter a plea, CNN affiliate WCCO reported. He has a “known history of arson or suspected arson,” including one incident occurring just last year, according to the affidavit in support of the complaint against him.

It was not clear if Little has an attorney.

According to the affidavit, Little allegedly started a fire the evening of April 23 in a bathroom at the Masjid Omar Islamic Center, located in what’s commonly known within the community as Somali Mall.

On April 24, the affidavit says, Little was seen in surveillance footage going into the Masjid Al-Rahma Mosque, or Mercy Islamic Center, where a fire erupted on the third floor soon after, prompting an evacuation, including about 40 children. The damage likely totaled tens of thousands of dollars, the affidavit says, citing a mosque representative.

No one was hurt in either incident.

Damage from the April 24, 2023, fire at Masjid Al-Rahma Mosque is seen in this image provided by the US Attorney's Office, District of Minnesota.
US Attorney's Office, District of Minnesota

The fires came months after Little allegedly harassed a member of the US House of Representatives, whose name was redacted from the affidavit. The office of Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar confirmed she was the representative targeted.

Little sent emails to the representative’s congressional email account in late December, the affidavit says. In January, surveillance footage showed him entering the representative’s district office, and he allegedly spray-painted “500” on the front door. Little spray-painted the same “500” on the side of a patrol vehicle belonging to a Somali officer for the Minneapolis Police Department and in an entryway to Somali Mall, the affidavit said.

The meaning of the graffiti is unknown, the affidavit said.
Wow, though... So, I'm just going to say how kinda fucked up that is that the police tried to suppress the fact that Ilhan was targeted by a hate crime.

Googled "500 islamophobia"

I would assume that given the prevalence of the number, it has something to do with some kind of idiotic inversion of facts: that at some point "islamophobic attacks have risen 500%" and "500 islamophobic attacks" at some point got telephoned to "500 islamic attacks"

Wow, though... So, I'm just going to say how kinda fucked up that is that the police tried to suppress the fact that Ilhan was targeted by a hate crime.
Tried to suppress? Or just avoiding identifying high profile victims? I've seen other news reports where high profile victims were kept secret by the police.

Kandula told officers that the flag he produced at the scene was a swastika that he had purchased online because “Nazi’s have a great history,” the affidavit says. He allegedly added that he admired Nazis due to their "authoritarian nature, Eugenics, and their one world order” and said that he looked up to “Hitler, because he was a strong leader.”

A Utah man was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning, the FBI confirmed to ABC News. The raid was in connection with an investigation into alleged threats against President Joe Biden and others, according to two officials briefed on the case.

One of the officials told ABC News that the investigation began in April and the U.S. Secret Service was notified by the FBI in June. In addition to threatening posts, the official said, the man under investigation suggested online he was making plans to take physical action. The threats had been deemed "credible," the official said.

The FBI in Salt Lake City said the shooting occurred around 6:15 am. local time while special agents attempted to serve arrest and search warrants at a residence in Provo.

A Texas woman was arrested and has been charged with threatening to kill the federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington and a member of Congress.

Abigail Jo Shry of Alvin, Texas, called the federal courthouse in Washington and left the threatening message — using a racist term for U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan — on Aug. 5, court records show. Investigators traced her phone number and she later admitted to making the threatening call, according to a criminal complaint.

In the call, Shry told the judge, who is overseeing the election conspiracy case against Trump, “You are in our sights, we want to kill you,” the documents said. Prosecutors allege Shry also said, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you,” and she threatened to kill U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Texas Democrat running for mayor of Houston, according to court documents.

Dumbass action. Off to prison.

A Texas woman faces federal charges for allegedly threatening to kill the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s election fraud case and a Democratic member of Congress earlier this month,” according to the outlet. “In a criminal complaint filed Friday, federal investigators say Abigail Jo Shry, of Alvin, Texas, left a voicemail on Aug. 5 threatening to kill U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX).”

I mentioned it here to point out the hypocrisy in how left-wing vs. right-wing violence is dealt with on here ... duh!
It's the sheer inanity of your approach that amuses. How many murders were there in the USA last year? Yet you delight in cherry-picked anecdotes. Hridindu Sankar Roychowdhury -- with a name like that, how can your movement not hate on him? -- was sent to stir for ten years for a non-intentional homicide, twice the minimum. For you this is "hypocrisy" -- he should have been crucified or whatever the worst punishment is in post-rational Amerika.

Meanwhile, cowards like Kyle the Teenybopper or Zimmerman are acquitted and you applaud "justice", and conveniently ignore these counterexamples to your hypocrisy thesis.

But keep it up please! We're well past the exasperation stage in this dark comedy; posts like yours are just for the laughs.

It's about the very real threat to the European identity of Europe
:hysterical:
One morning - who knows? Perhaps Europeans will wake up to find that their precious European identity is no longer European, but middle eastern! Or, worse yet, what if they turn Japanese???
OH NOOOoooes! Woe is us.

Back
Top Bottom