• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rudy Loses In Court Case

His sumptious high rise condo is on the market for $6.1 billion.
Million.
He’s using Trump Math[TM]
Everyone knows that million and billion are both huge numbers, therefore they're basically the same number.

It's the same common sense grasp of reality that leads people to understand that if dinosaurs lived long ago, and cavemen lived long ago, cavemen must have lived at the same time as dinosaurs.

This common sense approach is the reason why folks distrust book learning, and vote for people who agree with their simpleton world views - which is how poor Rudy ended up in this mess to begin with.

Giuliani was at one point, appearing to be Presidential material (I was thinking that in the late 90s). 9/11 occurred and he became a king
His whole shining example of leadership was shutting the fuck up and letting the grown ups take over. Which is actually good, I just don't think Rudy was aware that's what he was doing.

I did not know this. Ruby Freedman and Shaye Moss sued OANN. Cowed by the Fox loss to Dominion, OANN settled out of court. OANN scubbed its site of past accusations, posted a permanent admission none of the inflammatory claims were true, and paid them off. Ruby Freedman has stated the final outcome to be quite satisfactory. So far, two for two. Freedman and Moss vs Gateway Pundit goes to trial next month. Looks like Gateway Pundit is going to try its luck with a foolish gambit. They are so untrustworthy no rational person would believe them. Maybe so, but the irrational believers who haressed Freeman and Moss based on lies is going to matter to the jury.

Rudy should die with the word hubris on his lips, but it looks like his last words will be "Trump won in 2020." He's pathetic. Let his creditors hound him until he shrieks.

Rudy should die with the word hubris on his lips, but it looks like his last words will be "Trump won in 2020." He's pathetic. Let his creditors hound him until he shrieks.
He and Orange Hitler would set new records on Dunning Kruger.

I am getting depressed by the stupid people, Rudi, Donald et al, and the millions of Uber-Stoopids who are so stupid they think those stupid people are the smartest people on earth.
We’re fucked, because it’s easier to stay stupid than to not stay stupid. And Murkinz are all about whatever is easy.

They just won a $148M verdict against Giuliani. Now they’re suing him again. - POLITICO - "Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss are seeking a court order barring Rudy Giuliani from continuing to spread false claims about them."

RG wants to appeal the verdict, but he could have some trouble.

Rudy Giuliani Will Face Critical 'Obstacle' to Defamation Appeal—Attorney

Former US attorney Barbara McQuade was interviewed by Katie Phang on her MSNBC show:
"One of the things that is a bit of an obstacle to an appeal is the idea that in Georgia, a person has to post what's known as an appeal bond," she said. "And the idea behind an appeal bond is that an appeal could be filed for good faith reasons, it can also be filed simply to delay the pay day, and so to avoid the latter, litigants are required to pay in advance an appeal bond which is usually something more than the amount of the judgment, so that it's there in case there is a finality in the case. I don't know that Rudy Giuliani is going to get an appeal bond, so he may not be able to do it at all."

Didn't Giuliani not contest the accusation of slander? How can you appeal a finding you never contested?

Didn't Giuliani not contest the accusation of slander? How can you appeal a finding you never contested?
I think you could appeal the amount of the judgment.

This situation makes me wish for a crime of criminal slander. It would apply to cases like this--someone has already been found civilly liable for slander or libel and continues to repeat the act while the judgment is unpaid. Civil liability isn't enough to deter the bad behavior.

I think Elixir answered your query in post #70.
True. It is like kicking the ball into your own goal a few times, lose the game, and then bitch about the refereeing and how unfair it was the opponent won.

Giuliani seeks bankruptcy after $148 million judgment in defamation case

NEW YORK Dec 21 (Reuters) - Rudy Giuliani filed for bankruptcy on Thursday, just days after he was ordered to pay $148 million to two former Georgia election workers he falsely accused of fraud as he worked to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 presidential election loss.

Guiliani, who was known as "America's mayor" for his leadership of New York after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, faces a crush of debts stemming from his work on former President Trump's behalf. He also faces criminal charges in Georgia.

In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York, Giuliani said he had between $100 million and $500 million in liabilities and $1 million to $10 million in assets.

Aside from the former election workers, Giuliani also listed President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, and Smartmatic USA as creditors.

Hunter Biden in September sued Giuliani for violating his privacy over data allegedly taken from his laptop. Smartmatic has sued the former New York mayor and other Trump allies for claiming the company's voting machines flipped votes from Trump to Democrat Biden.

Giuliani also said he owed nearly $1 million to the U.S. and New York state governments and nearly $2 million in legal fees.

"In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York, Giuliani said he had between $100 million and $500 million in liabilities and $1 million to $10 million in assets."
Aw.
Poor thing.
How soon do you think he'll be joining the rest the folks living in packing crates underneath an overpass?
Tom

Back
Top Bottom