• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

Well, to the best of my knowledge, we don't send treaty inspectors to the UK to count their nuclear missiles... And France doesn't send anyone to observe if we're obeying treaty restrictions, either.

This is why I put the Russia apologists/stooges/etc. on my ignore list. If you can ask this sort of question with a straight face after decades of Mutual Assured Destruction, you're clearly not interested in honest debate. Even at the height of America's "friendly" relations with Moscow during WWII it wasn't much more than a marriage of convenience.

Russia is no longer a communist country by the way. It also removed its missiles from Cuba in 1961 with US reciprocal action. The US trades with Russia and the two countries are not at war. Since Russia is no longer communist it doesn't hold the Bay of Pigs against the US either.

Capt Obvious at your service :)

It's obvious now that we've gone from six months of denials, witch hunts, and accusations of conspiracy to a new denial: that it's not technically illegal.
Come on, stop acting surprised and outraged. Trump Sr. openly asked russian hackers to release Clinton emails, illegal or not, but this is not surprising and very common.

I'm sure he was up to something but speculating about it as the press doesn't help at all.

It's obvious now that we've gone from six months of denials, witch hunts, and accusations of conspiracy to a new denial: that it's not technically illegal.

It's not illegal to deny something

Are you aware to the incredible extent you make excuses on this subject? Do you make these kinds of excuses for anything else in your life? This is watching motivated reasoning in action, and while it's fascinating, it is also a bit alarming.

The question is what did he receive about Clinton?
No, the question, which has been now publicly answered, is that the Trump campaign was willing and did collude with the Russians.
I've been reading and collusion may not actually be a crime. However, conspiracy is. And Trump provided all the evidence a prosecutor needs for intent to commit conspiracy. But it seems there needs to be some knowledge of what was sought and it having a value.

No, the question, which has been now publicly answered, is that the Trump campaign was willing and did collude with the Russians.
I've been reading and collusion may not actually be a crime. However, conspiracy is. And Trump provided all the evidence a prosecutor needs for intent to commit conspiracy. But it seems there needs to be some knowledge of what was sought and it having a value.

This is an interesting point but I would say not complete. A conspiracy would be an agreement between two or more people to commit an act which is illegal. True the act does not need to be committed. Conspiring to plant a bomb is a clear example of conspiracy.

We have Trump Jr who I am sure wanted to find out dirt on Clinton and a Russian Lawyer who denies this. This is the information as it is given but not suggesting this is true or not and possibly there is more.

The question is what did he receive about Clinton?
I'm just the postman.
Stop insulting postal workers.

Collusion has not been positively established. The declassified intelligence report confirms this. Check the definitions section.

If he was willing to collude with Russians what do you convict Trump Jr of. There is no conspiracy at this point either.

If the 2 parties conspired, what did they conspire about? This question needs to be answered.
If the NY Times found dirt on Trump in Russia would the same principles apply?

We have Trump Jr who I am sure wanted to find out dirt on Clinton and a Russian Lawyer who denies this.

The Russian lawyer's word isn't worth the electrons wasted in typing this. She denied any association with the Russian government, too. But the record is clear - Veselnitskaya is well known for representing Kremlin interests. You have to be profoundly credulous to think she does that out of personal idealism.

We have Trump Jr who I am sure wanted to find out dirt on Clinton and a Russian Lawyer who denies this.

The Russian lawyer's word isn't worth the electrons wasted in typing this. She denied any association with the Russian government, too. But the record is clear - Veselnitskaya is well known for representing Kremlin interests. You have to be profoundly credulous to think she does that out of personal idealism.

You mean she wasn't seeking the lifting of sanctions on behalf of those poor, poor orphans?

Don't worry, we've got props!

765d62532462c3b6a86f7066b221b046

The solution to collusion is legal prosecution.

- Emails were stolen
- A meeting regarding Russian acquired info against Clinton took place between a Russian Lawyer and Donald Trump Jr
- The emails were leaked

One needs to be pretty partisan to not connect those dots.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean she wasn't seeking the lifting of sanctions on behalf of those poor, poor orphans?
I believe it is Russia's own sanctions that prevent adopting the orphans.

- Emails were stolen
- A meeting regarding Russian acquired info against Clinton took place between a Russian Lawyer and Donald Trump Jr
- The emails were leaked

- - - Updated - - -

Orphans shmorphans - Russia could unilaterally un-do that restriction. But Putinistas couldn't care less about orphans, except as political pawns. They want to release their oligarchs from sanctions/Magnitsky Act.

- Emails were stolen
- The emails were leaked

And what was to be traded for this info? (Pick one or many... it'll come out sooner or later.)
  • Russian money laundering case settled for pennies.
  • A huge chuck of Russian oil and gas revenue.
  • Secret (non-State Department) channels to continue to launder Russian money
  • Lifting of sanctions.
  • Weakening of NATO.

Also, I was wrong. I said in a former post that Trump first mentioned a Hillary email dump hours after the Jr.-Lawyer summit concluded. It was minutes, not hours. He knew, and he colluded.

Since you know her well can you answer why during the interview she answers in russian to american journalist?
Does she speak English?

- Emails were stolen
- The emails were leaked

- - - Updated - - -

Orphans shmorphans - Russia could unilaterally un-do that restriction. But Putinistas couldn't care less about orphans, except as political pawns. They want to release their oligarchs from sanctions/Magnitsky Act.
I don't think any oligarchs are on that particular blacklist. Just being pedantic here.

I don't think any oligarchs are on that particular blacklist. Just being pedantic here.

It wouldn't surprise me if you were intimately familiar with that list. I'm not. Can you please fill us in - Who/what is on the list?

It wouldn't surprise me if you were intimately familiar with that list. I'm not. Can you please fill us in - Who/what is on the list?

I understand judges and investigators connected to the case are on that list, plus they then extended include other shitty judges and investigators not necessary related to Magnitsky case.

Politics isn't always about finding out who is lying but seeing if anyone is actually telling the truth. It seems to be the same for Trump Jr anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom