• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

I feel so much better now that all those people have been interviewed, so many documents examined and records scoured.
Well, at least they spent as much time on this as they did on Lewinsky or Benghazi... I feel my tax dollars were well spent.

I just saw video of it. He wasn't even directly ask that, he volunteered it. What a cockup. I feel bad for Kislyak, that he's so unmemorable that people keep forgetting talking to him.

Holy shit! It might be easier to figure out which Trump staffers haven't secretly talked to the Russians.

Holy shit! It might be easier to figure out which Trump staffers haven't secretly talked to the Russians.

During elections it's not uncommon for key politicians to speak to people from different countries. The claims that there was collusion between the Republicans and Russians so as to win the election collapsed almost as soon as it came up. In my view the US is not talking enough to Russia since a partnership in joint efforts against US made terrorists in the Middle East would be mutually beneficial.

they want to stop terrorism and a piece of the kleptocratic pie.

win win

During elections it's not uncommon for key politicians to speak to people from different countries. The claims that there was collusion between the Republicans and Russians so as to win the election collapsed almost as soon as it came up. In my view the US is not talking enough to Russia since a partnership in joint efforts against US made terrorists in the Middle East would be mutually beneficial.

You seemed to have missed this part:

Artemus said:
but told Al Franken in the AG confirmation hearing that he hadn't.

If it's so innocent, then why do they all keep lying about it?

If it's so innocent, then why do they all keep lying about it?

Because they're part of Cheato's culture of lies. Is WP really asking us to believe that it's just an amazing coincidence that half of Cheatos appointees have been in bed with the Russians for years? That it was Russian oligarchs who bailed him out when his business failings were about to take him down? That he appointed a principal of the Cypriot bank that has been the biggest pipeline for laundering Russian money, as COMMERCE Secretary?

The chance that this is all innocent coincidence is maybe one in ten million.

You seemed to have missed this part:

Artemus said:
but told Al Franken in the AG confirmation hearing that he hadn't.

Yes, it's not the fact that he talked to the Russians which is the issue, since there are many legitimate reasons for him to have done so. It's the fact that he lied about it during his confirmation hearings so that the questions regarding the content of those meetings was not done while he was under oath and the determinations about whether or not there were potential conflicts of interest or legal impediments to his getting the job could have been found out.

It has particular relevance to the fact that he is now in charge of the FBI which is investigating the ties of the Trump team to Russia. Even if he recuses himself from the investigation, it is still now FBI agents investigating their boss, which raises doubts about the credibility of the investigation.

Jeff Sessions met with the Russian ambassador back in July, but told Al Franken in the AG confirmation hearing that he hadn't. Jeff Sessions is in charge of the investigation of contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia. No conflict of interest here, folks.

No end to the comedy of this administration.
This is yuge. While in theory he may have a reason to talk to the guy based on his position in the Senate, this guy was talking to other Trumpers during the campaign. This is deeply disturbing which brings me to the next very disturbing question.

Merrick Garland. Who nixed Garland's appointment and why? Risk v Benefit analysis indicates 'no fucking way should the Republicans have blocked him'... unless they knew something. Who is "they"? Trump hasn't betrayed the US, the Republican Party has.

It is funny when the Russians make one of the more honest (and ironic) comments, and gave me a good chuckle:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-ambassador-meetings/index.html
Meanwhile, the Russian government on Thursday said it has never interfered and has no plans to ever interfere in the domestic affairs of other countries, Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov told journalists when questioned about Sessions.

"Let's say it's not our headache," Peskov said.

So what is your apologetic for why it has been covered up and lied about? Why didn't he just say, "of course we spoke with the Russians.. it is part of the job of a presidential campaign member and a very important role. I spoke to comrade X about topic Y ".

So what is your apologetic for why it has been covered up and lied about? Why didn't he just say, "of course we spoke with the Russians.. it is part of the job of a presidential campaign member and a very important role. I spoke to comrade X about topic Y ".

There is no law against people during an election meeting with foreign officials. The only point of concern would be what was talked about and if there was flood of discussions above a normal amount.

There is no law against people during an election meeting with foreign officials. The only point of concern would be what was talked about and if there was flood of discussions above a normal amount.

No, the major point of concern is that HE LIED ABOUT IT UNDER OATH!!

Trump's statement

Jeff Sessions is an honest man. He did not say anything wrong. He could have stated his response more accurately, but it was clearly not intentional. This whole narrative is a way of saving face for Democrats losing an election that everyone thought they were supposed to win. The Democrats are overplaying their hand. They lost the election and now, they have lost their grip on reality. The real story is all of the illegal leaks of classified and other information. It is a total witch hunt!

I just wonder if a lot of Americans wont agree with Trump here?

We now know two more staffers met with the Ruskies.
When Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak traveled to the GOP convention last summer, he met with then Sen. Jeff Sessions, as well as with two other Trump campaign advisers, including oil industry consultant Carter Page.

Page, at the time an unpaid foreign policy adviser to Trump, engaged in a conversation with the ambassador at the same July 20 luncheon in Cleveland where Sessions, now attorney general, and Kislyak chatted, according to J.D. Gordon, a national security adviser to the Trump campaign who was also present at the lunch.

Page declined to comment Thursday about what he and the Russian ambassador discussed, saying it was a private, off-the-record conversation. "Everyone assumes everything is nefarious!" Page said in a text message. "Thanks, but no comment."
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/carter-page-russian-ambassador-meeting-235626

Back
Top Bottom