• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

They still control Congress, so if something bad happens in the Exec Branch, it still smears them.
I don't think they're counting on rational analysis by their base. I would expect they're hoping that when Trump's base finally turns on him, they can claim he was never really GOP, so nothing to do with them.
That would be unprecedented! I mean excluding George W. Bush, that would be unprecedented. ;)

Though it does need to be remembered that Trump's supporters would burn down the US if he asked them to. So while actual conservatives would flock back to the Party of No Plan, his brown shirters could possibly revolt.

This is surreal!

article said:
President Donald Trump's nominee to head the Justice Department's criminal division told a Senate panel at his confirmation hearing Tuesday that if confirmed he would recuse himself for at least two years from any department matter that overlapped with his previous work as an attorney for the Russian bank Alfa Bank.

"I would be recused from any matter involving Alfa Bank for the first two years of my tenure in the department if I'm fortunate enough to be confirmed," Brian Benczkowski told the Senate judiciary committee. "With respect to this particular matter, this investigation that we conducted for Alfa Bank, if the subject matter of that investigation in some way comes before me in the criminal division at any point in my tenure I want to be clear, I will recuse from that completely."
As some will remember, there was an odd thing discovered related to potential secret communications directly between servers for Trump Tower and Alfa Bank.

And how can anyone be allowed to be confirmed if they have to say they'll recuse themselves for two years!? Clearly they are not qualified if they must immediately recuse them self.

I would not be surprised if Trump on a foreign trip would just stay there to avoid arrest and live out his golden years.

So umm... we need to talk about this Russian sanction thing, where Russia is booting "700ish" Americans from Russia. This is in light of the Senate/House passed bill which the ball-less President will sign, according to Sanders at least.

So this really leads us to the question, why is Putin doing this now? It would seem to get the appearance that an agreement existed where the Trump Admin would lift the Obama sanctions on Russia. And we know that Trump tried to return the HQs back to Russia, which led to the Senate moving onto codifying the sanctions.

Isn't this more evidence indicating that Russia and Trump struck a deal?

Was just thinking about this...

Could Cheetolini be holding off on the Russian Sanctions Bill until Congress goes into recess and not sign it? Invoking the "pocket veto"?

Later,
ElectEngr

So umm... we need to talk about this Russian sanction thing, where Russia is booting "700ish" Americans from Russia. This is in light of the Senate/House passed bill which the ball-less President will sign, according to Sanders at least.

So this really leads us to the question, why is Putin doing this now? It would seem to get the appearance that an agreement existed where the Trump Admin would lift the Obama sanctions on Russia. And we know that Trump tried to return the HQs back to Russia, which led to the Senate moving onto codifying the sanctions.

Yes. This and the post election parties in Moscow would indicate such.

This would also indicate that Putin made a deal with Trump and then thought that Trump would hold up his end of the deal. If that's the case then Russians need to be truly worried because their President is a fucking moron.

This would also indicate that Putin made a deal with Trump and then thought that Trump would hold up his end of the deal. If that's the case then Russians need to be truly worried because their President is a fucking moron.

Yes, they bought gravely damaged goods and are suffering some buyer's remorse. The easy thing for them to do is to let the damaged goods remain in possession of their enemy, the USA, and hope that Cheato's idiocy wreaks havoc upon us to their benefit. No harm done to them, since they paid for siad goods with nothing more than a promise. No honor among thieves...

Because for Russia, it has never been about some sort of deal. I've stated this before, but Trump isn't some Manchurian candidate. The biggest reason Putin would ever have to want to support Trump is because Trump makes the US look bad. If he could get Trump to lift sanctions, that would be icing on the cake. But Trump was a targeted strike against America's reputation. And really, you cannot blame the Russians for this. America deserves Trump.

Of course there was an agreement. Obama booted russian diplomats and Putin decided not to retaliate because Trump administration told him to wait. Now it seems Trump (unlike Putin with Duma) can not control Congress and sanctions are even increased.
I think Putin should work with Congress now, cause POTUS can not do anything, he can't even lift arrest from russian embassy buildings.

Because for Russia, it has never been about some sort of deal. I've stated this before, but Trump isn't some Manchurian candidate. The biggest reason Putin would ever have to want to support Trump is because Trump makes the US look bad. If he could get Trump to lift sanctions, that would be icing on the cake. But Trump was a targeted strike against America's reputation. And really, you cannot blame the Russians for this. America deserves Trump.

You are giving russians a credit which they probably do not deserve. I mean yes, it's possible they saw it through and wanted Trump because it would mean ineffective White House, but It is also could be they thought they could "work" with Trump. I tend to think they simply hated Hillary.

I think that they just wanted to cause chaos and weaken the influence of the US on the world stage in order to give themselves more ability to act with impunity. I do not think that they expected their plan to work this well.

It's like if you're sniping at enemy troops trying to slow them down and you inadvertently hit a fuel depot you didn't know was there and incinerate an entire battalion. That's great for you, of course, but you weren't expecting that level of effectiveness from your sniping operation.

I think that they just wanted to cause chaos and weaken the influence of the US on the world stage in order to give themselves more ability to act with impunity. I do not think that they expected their plan to work this well.

It's like if you're sniping at enemy troops trying to slow them down and you inadvertently hit a fuel depot you didn't know was there and incinerate an entire battalion. That's great for you, of course, but you weren't expecting that level of effectiveness from your sniping operation.
It's not working so well in Eastern Europe.

America deserves Trump.

I have no problem with the rest of your post, but this I disagree with. Trump lost the election, bigly. We do not deserve him.

If you want a system based on votes, e.g. proportional representation, then the electoral system should be changed but the electoral college is still there.

The previous British Prime Minister, Cameron won a parliamentary vote with 36.1% of the vote.
The West has bigger issues than Russia to deal with such as Radicalised Islam (separate from the standard going about their own business silent majority Muslims). Russia like it or not could be a good partner in combatting ISIS and others.

Back
Top Bottom