• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

Probably, but that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about Obama booting russian diplomats out
And Tupac is saying that that's the reason Putin booted US diplomats, but he supports it with a statement pretty much saying 'we're not going to boot US diplomats.'
Now you're saying it WAS the booting of diplomats that got the diplomats booted....

Russians were not planning to expel diplomats at the time. You have very short memory.
No, no, i'm trying to understand why this statement from THEN is offered as proof NOW that the current action is a delayed response to THEN rather than a response to what's going on NOW.
If they weren't planning to expel diplomats at the time, why did they change their mind if NOT in response to the current sanction legislation?

That's how diplomacy or marriage works :)

Probably, but that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about Obama booting russian diplomats out
And Tupac is saying that that's the reason Putin booted US diplomats, but he supports it with a statement pretty much saying 'we're not going to boot US diplomats.'
Now you're saying it WAS the booting of diplomats that got the diplomats booted....
There are causes ad then there are excuses. Ideally you need both of them :)

For example, the cause for for Obama booting russians was the fact that Trump won, the excuse is that they were spies and interfered (allegedly) with the election. You seriously expected russians to forget what Obama did? You can't be that naive.

For example, the cause for for Obama booting russians was the fact that Trump won, the excuse is that they were spies and interfered (allegedly) with the election. You seriously expected russians to forget what Obama did? You can't be that naive.
Dude, save some punch for the rest of the apologists. The investigations were started several months before the election.

Dude, save some punch for the rest of the apologists. The investigations were started several months before the election.
As I said "causes and excuses".

For example, the cause for for Obama booting russians was the fact that Trump won,
I'd have to ask how you know this...?
the excuse is that they were spies and interfered (allegedly) with the election.
Oh, I see. You know jack. It's just the narrative that you're flogging.
You seriously expected russians to forget what Obama did? You can't be that naive.
Since nothing they do NOW affects Obama or Obama's administration, I remain confused about how this action leads to this response 8 months later, instead of an immediate reaction to the sanctions.

No one's connecting the dots for this narrative, just pretending it's obvious...

I'd have to ask how you know this...?
I know because I am pretty good at knowing such things.
the excuse is that they were spies and interfered (allegedly) with the election.
Oh, I see. You know jack. It's just the narrative that you're flogging.
Kicking just happened with up to minutes precision so that diplomats and their kids would spend their New Eve on a plane. I am sorry I am not buying such coincidences.
You seriously expected russians to forget what Obama did? You can't be that naive.
Since nothing they do NOW affects Obama or Obama's administration, I remain confused about how this action leads to this response 8 months later, instead of an immediate reaction to the sanctions.
It's irrelevant, ordinary people (or not so ordinary such as diplomats and their kids) pay for actions of presidents.
No one's connecting the dots for this narrative, just pretending it's obvious...
It looks pretty obvious to me.

Anyway, this new sanctions are pretty transparent attempt at pushing US fracked LNG into Europe, and Europeans know that.
Nothing to do with Russia's "bad" behavior

As I said "causes and excuses".
You are completely tone deaf to American politics. Right now DC has opened the sluice gates for leaks like never before. Why? Because of serious fears of the Trumps compromising themselves, much like Flynn did.

You are complaining about people saying they see a beach, while you disagree while pointing out each single grain of sand.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, this new sanctions are pretty transparent attempt at pushing US fracked LNG into Europe, and Europeans know that.
That would likely be the cost to get the Republicans in the Senate to vote for it.

Trump has yet to sign the sanctions bill. Why is he stalling?

Pee pee tape! :applause2:

Price wars, coming up?
Or do you think that western Europe might be a wee bit more comfortable buying from an ally, instead of from an aggressive autocrat/dictator to their east?

Price wars, coming up?
Or do you think that western Europe might be a wee bit more comfortable buying from an ally, instead of from an aggressive autocrat/dictator to their east?

The EU trades with Russia anyway. Eu countries are major investors in Russia.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/september/tradoc_113440.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/russia/index_en.htm

Trade picture
Russia is the third trading partner of the EU and the EU is the first trading partner of Russia.
Trade between the two economies showed steep growth rates until mid-2008 when the trend was interrupted by the economic crisis and unilateral measures adopted by Russia, which had a negative impact on EU-Russia trade. Since 2010 mutual trade has resumed its growth reaching record levels in 2012.
EU exports to Russia are dominated by machinery and transport equipment, chemicals, medecines and agricultural products.
EU imports from Russia are dominated by raw materials, in particular, oil (crude and refined) and gas. For these products, as well as for other important raw materials, Russia has committed in the WTO to freeze or reduce its export duties.
The EU is the most important investor in Russia. It is estimated that up to 75% of Foreign Direct Investment stocks in Russia come from EU Member States (including Cyprus).

I smell a Presidential Signing statement coming up with Trump signing this bill.

Price wars, coming up?
Price wars? US don't need no stinking price wars. LNG is more expensive than russian gas from the pipe. So the only way to sell it is to ban Russia from EU. So no, EU is not comfortable with new sanctions and preparing their own against .... US :)

In other news, Ukraine buys american ...... coal, paying few times more than they would have if they used their own coal from Eastern Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom