• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

I do believe russians did some of the stuff western propaganda attributes to them.

Lol! Just a hint about English - if they did what was was attributed to them, the reports of those deeds are NOT propaganda.

I believe that Putin was honest ...

Some people still think Cheato is honest too.
Yore killin' me barbos! too funny!

Lol! Just a hint about English - if they did what was was attributed to them, the reports of those deeds are NOT propaganda.
Keyword there was "some"

What does that have to do with anything?

Keyword there was "some"

Illustrates how easily authoritarian followers can be fooled.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

I'll try to remember that somehow, in the minds of trolls, Hitler having been a vegetarian lets Putin off the hook for meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

Towards the end of his life, Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since some accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he consumed meat as late as 1937. By 1938, Hitler's public image as a vegetarian was already being fostered and from 1942 he self-identified as a vegetarian. Personal accounts from people who knew Hitler and were familiar with his diet indicate that he did not consume meat as part of his diet during this period, with several contemporaneous witnesses—such as Albert Speer (in his memoirs, Inside the Third Reich)—noting that Hitler used vivid and gruesome descriptions of animal suffering and slaughter at the dinner table to try to dissuade his colleagues from eating meat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

We now know the motives. In backing Donald Trump, Russia’s oligarchical class sought not only to disrupt U.S. politics but also to reverse sanctions, both those applied in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and those connected to the Magnitsky Act, which targeted officials involved in human rights violations. In seeking Russian support, Trump sought not only to become president but also to make money: Even as he launched his presidential campaign, he hoped to receive a major influx of money from a proposed Trump Tower in Moscow.

Along with the motives, we know the methods. As the New York Times has just graphically demonstrated, professional Russian Internet trolls, probably operating out of St. Petersburg, set up hundreds of fake Facebook and Twitter accounts during the election campaign. The trolls then posted thousands of fake stories, memes and slogans, supported anti-Clinton hashtags and narratives, and linked back to DCLeaks, the website that posted emails that Russian hackers stole from the Clinton campaign. The emails “revealed” by that hack were utterly banal. But the fake operatives said they contained “hidden truths,” hinted that they were part of a secret “Soros” operation, after liberal financier George Soros, and persuaded people to click. This is a method Russian operatives had used before. Previous elections, in Poland and Ukraine, demonstrated that stolen material — any stolen material — can be used to foment conspiracy theories that never die.

We know what happened next: The fake stories, memes and slogans moved from the network of Russian-sponsored “American” accounts into the networks of real Americans. Some, such as “pizzagate,” the theory that Hillary Clinton was part of a pedophile ring being run out of Washington pizza parlor, got a lot of attention. Others, such as the theory that Barack Obama founded the Islamic State, or the theory that the Google search engine was working on Clinton’s behalf, got less attention but were notable for another reason: They were not only promoted on the fake Russian network, which bought advertising in order to push them further, but also were promoted on open Russian news networks, including the Sputnik English-language news services. Afterwards, they were repeated, also openly, by candidate Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tting-very-very-close/?utm_term=.66204055731a

Cheetos (formerly styled as Chee-tos until 1998) is a brand of cheese-flavored, puffed cornmeal snacks made by Frito-Lay, a subsidiary of PepsiCo. Fritos creator Charles Elmer Doolin invented Cheetos in 1948, and began national distribution in the U.S. The initial success of Cheetos was a contributing factor to the merger between The Frito Company and H.W. Lay & Company in 1961 to form Frito-Lay. In 1965 Frito-Lay became a subsidiary of The Pepsi-Cola Company, forming PepsiCo, the current owner of the Cheetos brand.

In 2010, Cheetos was ranked as the top selling brand of cheese puffs in its primary market of the United States; worldwide the annual retail sales totaled approximately $4 billion. The original Crunchy Cheetos are still in production but the product line has since expanded to include 21 different types of Cheetos in North America alone. As Cheetos are sold in more than 36 countries, the flavor and composition is often varied to match regional taste and cultural preferences—such as Savory American Cream in China, and Strawberry Cheetos in Japan.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetos

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

I'll try to remember that somehow, in the minds of trolls, Hitler having been a vegetarian lets Putin off the hook for meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

Barbos is right: we just don't understand the Russian psyche...They completely lack the strength of conviction to actually initiate any action but instead rely on the old '...but Mom, he started it first...' regardless of facts. Or 'facts.'

I will say that my favorite fairy tales are Russian fairy tales.

Also, Hitler was a 'vegetarian' who still liked to indulge in ham, sausage, caviar and squab from time to time.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

Barbos is right: we just don't understand the Russian psyche...They completely lack the strength of conviction to actually initiate any action but instead rely on the old '...but Mom, he started it first...' regardless of facts. Or 'facts.'

Also, Hitler was a 'vegetarian' who still liked to indulge in ham, sausage, caviar and squab from time to time.

I think most people are missing the obvious:

The Intelligence services own declassified report produces no conclusion as to whether the Russians influenced anything.

Page 13 defined High Confidence as

High Confidence generally means that judgments are based on high-quality information from multiple sources. High confidence in a judgment does not imply that the assessment is a fact or a certainty; such judgments may be wrong.

In the 4th page down a Title page of the report also states the following:

This report is a declassified version of a highly classified assessment; its conclusions are identical to those in the highly classified assessment but this version does not include the full supporting information on key elements of the influence campaign.

What is clear is the National Intelligence Council states that its own evaluations do not imply its assessments are factual and may be wrong. When MSNBC

If Rachael Maddow read it she either misrepresented the report or English is not her first language. I read it and she is clearly talking complete nonsense

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...-report-on-russia-easily-spotted-849590851652

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

Hitler had a lot of strength and conviction, So was Great Britain when they initiated Crimean War, or occupation of India.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

Hitler had a lot of strength and conviction, So was Great Britain when they initiated Crimean War, or occupation of India.

Certainly he was able to infect others with his turbulent state of mind.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

And right on cue, barbos comes up with the Crimean war... presumably he recalls that Putin seized Crimea from Ukraine in a attempt to regain imperialist status, lost when the Soviet Union crumbled. But that's okay because... "... they started it first!"

The FBI is apparently very interested in the operation of Sputnik News.

Yahoo News said:
The FBI recently questioned a former White House correspondent for Sputnik, the Russian-government-funded news agency, as part of an investigation into whether it is acting as an undeclared propaganda arm of the Kremlin in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

As part of the probe, Yahoo News has learned, the bureau has obtained a thumb drive containing thousands of internal Sputnik emails and documents — material that could potentially help prosecutors build a case that the news agency played a role in the Russian government “influence campaign” that was waged during last year’s presidential election and, in the view of U.S. intelligence officials, is still ongoing.

Yahoo News said:
The FBI recently questioned a former White House correspondent for Sputnik, the Russian-government-funded news agency, as part of an investigation into whether it is acting as an undeclared propaganda arm of the Kremlin in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

As part of the probe, Yahoo News has learned, the bureau has obtained a thumb drive containing thousands of internal Sputnik emails and documents — material that could potentially help prosecutors build a case that the news agency played a role in the Russian government “influence campaign” that was waged during last year’s presidential election and, in the view of U.S. intelligence officials, is still ongoing.

Wondering if there's anything in there that could embarrass Uncle Vlad, and if so, what kind of hissy fit he would throw if it was released all over Russia just prior to the election.

Yahoo News said:

Could potentially.... without knowing what the emails say is somewhat too generalized and meaningless.

Does this mean that US media cannot contact foreign sources for information??

Could potentially.... without knowing what the emails say is somewhat too generalized and meaningless.

Does this mean that US media cannot contact foreign sources for information??

From the article:
a former FBI counterintelligence agent and now an associate dean of Yale Law School said:
"But this tells me they have good information and intelligence that these organizations have been acting on behalf of the Kremlin and that there’s a direct line between them and the [Russian influence operations] that are a significant threat to our democracy.”
The fact that the FBI went after journalist records is significant, no matter how much you try to dismiss that significance.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

And right on cue, barbos comes up with the Crimean war... presumably he recalls that Putin seized Crimea from Ukraine in a attempt to regain imperialist status, lost when the Soviet Union crumbled. But that's okay because... "... they started it first!"

It´s amazing how people like Barbos always defend Russia. Russia is a shitty third world country with a smaller GDP than Italy it´s a shithole where nothing works.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
You're welcome.

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

It´s amazing how people like Barbos always defend Russia. Russia is a shitty third world country with a smaller GDP than Italy it´s a shithole where nothing works.
That's because I want Russia to stop being all that, whereas people like you want Russia be gone or at lest stay shithole.

Last edited:
Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

That's because I want Russia to stop being all that, whereas people like you want Russia be gone or at lest stay shithole.

- - - Updated - - -

Keyword there was "some"

Hitler was a vegetarian.

I have always wished Russians could have a representative government that would be friendly to the West. The Russian people I have met have been top shelf in my opinion, and they evince ideals no very different from my own. It's a shame that they are currently represented by a despotic, power-hungry imperialist. I don't want Russia gone, I just wish the Russian people weren't so oppressed.
Not that it's all kumbaya in the US - far from it (forestalling your inevitable "I know you are but what am I?"). But it will be harder for an authoritarian like Cheato to hold onto power here than it will be for Putin to do so in Russia...

Back
Top Bottom