• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

I have always wished Russians could have a representative government that would be friendly to the West.
That's not what your representative government wants, or rather it's not a priority for them.
Priority for them is weak both economically and more importantly militarily Russia, preferably without nukes (but that's their wet dream). This was their goal for Crimean War in 19 century and it's their goal now.
The Russian people I have met have been top shelf in my opinion, and they evince ideals no very different from my own. It's a shame that they are currently represented by a despotic, power-hungry imperialist. I don't want Russia gone, I just wish the Russian people weren't so oppressed.
Not that it's all kumbaya in the US - far from it (forestalling your inevitable "I know you are but what am I?"). But it will be harder for an authoritarian like Cheato to hold onto power here than it will be for Putin to do so in Russia..
Western propaganda certainly paints Putin that way. I don't like the guy, and I don't really defend him, I merely explain him.

That's not what your representative government wants, or rather it's not a priority for them.

Nice that I'm able to disagree with "my" government wants, without fear of reprisal, eh?

Western propaganda certainly paints Putin that way. I don't like the guy, and I don't really defend him, I merely explain him.

Start explaining, then - is it going to take another bolshevik uprising to displace him?

Nice that I'm able to disagree with "my" government wants, without fear of reprisal, eh?
I can disagree with "your" government too :)

Start explaining, then - is it going to take another bolshevik uprising to displace him?
No, it's going to take stopping trying to overthrow Putin.

I doubt if the Russians want to replace Putin with the old government. The only way to get rid of him is through an election. The opposition did make some baby steps in the recent municipal elections but not enough to even make a dent in Putin's current popularity.

I can disagree with "your" government too :)

Ain't it great? You can criticize the US government just like anyone else, and probably not get murdered for it. Such a deal!

Ah... just what any despotic "leader" would demand. :rolleyes:

Ain't it great? You can criticize the US government just like anyone else, and probably not get murdered for it. Such a deal!
Hillary Clinton murdered some people too, right?

I would not say he demands it, but yes, this would be good for everybody.

Hillary Clinton murdered some people too, right?

Wrong. Reading Breitbart again, or just native Russian propaganda?

Why is it good to suppress opposition to a murderous despot?

Probably. There's no good evidence for it, but it does seem like the kind of thing she'd do.

I thought it was pretty well established that she murdered Vince Foster because he knew the truth about Benghazi.

No, she murdered him because she's a psycho bitch. The fact that he knew the truth about Benghazi was just a weird coincidence.

I thought it was pretty well established that she murdered Vince Foster because he knew the truth about Benghazi.

No, she murdered him because she's a psycho bitch. The fact that he knew the truth about Benghazi was just a weird coincidence.

He's not really dead. Right now he's drinking tea with Uncle Vlad.

Wrong. Reading Breitbart again, or just native Russian propaganda?
You are wrong too.

Loaded question.

Keyword there was "some"
I believe that Putin was honest ...

Some people still think Cheato is honest too.
Yore killin' me barbos! too funny!

What does that have to do with anything?

Illustrates how easily authoritarian followers can be fooled.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

I'll try to remember that somehow, in the minds of trolls, Hitler having been a vegetarian lets Putin off the hook for meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

Barbos is right: we just don't understand the Russian psyche...They completely lack the strength of conviction to actually initiate any action but instead rely on the old '...but Mom, he started it first...' regardless of facts. Or 'facts.'

And right on cue, barbos comes up with the Crimean war... presumably he recalls that Putin seized Crimea from Ukraine in a attempt to regain imperialist status, lost when the Soviet Union crumbled. But that's okay because... "... they started it first!"

It´s amazing how people like Barbos always defend Russia. Russia is a shitty third world country with a smaller GDP than Italy it´s a shithole where nothing works.
That's because I want Russia to stop being all that, whereas people like you want Russia be gone or at lest stay shithole.

Well you are going about it the wrong way by supporting Putin who is not very skilled at managing an economy and the country.

You are wrong too.

Loaded question.

Let's un-load it for the RT Snowflake:
Why is it good to suppress opposition?

You are wrong too.

Loaded question.

You mean why State Department/US government is trying to suppress RT?
You have to ask State Department/US government

You are wrong too.

Loaded question.

No, I mean why is it good that Putin arrests, murders and otherwise suppresses those who oppose him. You knew that though. Guess you simply don't want to confront the reality of your despotic "leader".

You are wrong too.

Loaded question.

No, I mean why is it good that Putin arrests, murders and otherwise suppresses those who oppose him. You knew that though. Guess you simply don't want to confront the reality of your despotic "leader".
Besides Litvinenko you really have nothing on Putin in terms of murder. It was bad, but the guy was a former KGB agent, who as far as they concerned defected. Would CIA murder Snowden if they have a chance?

All the other murders which attributed to Putin by western media are no different from conspiracy theories about Clinton. Actually Clinton "murders" theories are more convincing, but probably because they are simply more thought through, whereas in case of Putin any murder of anyone who opposed Putin in anyway is automatically attributed to Putin.
And Litvinenko case it's not bulletproof, it is conceivable that it was done by "opposition" themselves mainly by Berzovsky.

Last edited:
. Would CIA murder Snowden if they have a chance?
I know this is off topic, but I thought it was amusing.
Just how incompetent do you think the CIA is? Snowden isn't even hiding himself. John Oliver, a British-American Comedian, did this interview with Snowden within a stone's throw of the Kremlin.

You really think a comedian can get to Snowden, but not a CIA assassin? This is just more evidence that you really don't understand the US Government. Russian propaganda captured you in the late 90's and you never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom