• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine - tactics and logistics

As evidenced by what, exactly? Having watched some tides, it's sometimes hard to tell a receding tide from a diminishing swell...
Anyhow, it's probably right to not read too much into territorial gains/losses that occur over days or weeks. The conflict is likely to remain indefinitely as a fixture of Eastern Europe, providing a reliable and robust outlet for arms mfrs. for the foreseeable future. Unless Russia does indeed run out of resources. But that's unlikely IMO - they'd probably be able to take Ukraine with hordes of zealots on foot carrying spears, if they are committed enough.

As evidenced by what, exactly? Having watched some tides, it's sometimes hard to tell a receding tide from a diminishing swell...
Anyhow, it's probably right to not read too much into territorial gains/losses that occur over days or weeks. The conflict is likely to remain indefinitely as a fixture of Eastern Europe, providing a reliable and robust outlet for arms mfrs. for the foreseeable future. Unless Russia does indeed run out of resources. But that's unlikely IMO - they'd probably be able to take Ukraine with hordes of zealots on foot carrying spears, if they are committed enough.

I think that most of Russia's hordes of zealots are on ass typing at keyboards, and they are very committed.

Britain is also a nuclear power. Vodka soaked threats from a stupid Russian media clown don't matter. Russia's military knows the UK can retaliate if stupidly attacked. The RAF's bombing campaign against Germany in WW2 demonstrates the Brits can be utterly ruthless.
The British nuclear deterrent isn’t aimed at Russia, it’s aimed at France.

Russia broke through Ukrainian lines southwest of Lysychansk. This means Ukraine will have to do a very hurried withdrawal from the area, before they become completely surrounded.

lysychansk_20220628.png

This could turn really ugly, and even in best case scenario it's not going to be good for Ukrainian morale. On the plus side the new front line might be more defendable, but it's not like Russian troops will stop, they'll continue with the similar tactics to take small bites out of Ukraine which eventually will mean bigger and bigger losses on the Ukrainian side, unless they can find out how to deal with Russian artillery.

So funny! There have been so many negatives to the Russian invasion (NATO expansion, uniting NATO, tripling of western weapons, uniting of Ukraine, and etc.). Another causality is the utter laughingstock of Russian statements. Everything Russia says is utter bullshit, and they know it. Russia also announced yesterday that if Ukraine attacks Crimea, that they will declare war on Ukraine! Like they weren't already at war with Ukraine.

Don't tell me barbos' stories about Ukraine not being able to make a dent in Snake Island were just Russian propaganda? Surely, this must be some clever 5D chess move by Putin? :LOL:

Russian troops and SAMs were just fish in a barrel on that Island. But it's not like Ukraine can reclaim it either. I think if or when the war gets to the point when Russia is again in a position to make a move towards Odessa, then Russia might give it another shot.

So funny! There have been so many negatives to the Russian invasion (NATO expansion, uniting NATO, tripling of western weapons, uniting of Ukraine, and etc.). Another causality is the utter laughingstock of Russian statements. Everything Russia says is utter bullshit, and they know it. Russia also announced yesterday that if Ukraine attacks Crimea, that they will declare war on Ukraine! Like they weren't already at war with Ukraine.
I think the two-headed eagle in Russian coat of arms is very appropriate. Its statements about the war are completely schizophrenic and contradictory: on one hand, Peskov makes demands that Ukraine should surrender immediately because Russia is winning, on the other hand Medvedev warns Ukraine not to attack Crimea, which they are nowhere near doing.

Same thing with reactions to EU accepting Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine in its membership track. One head says it means nothing and is an internal matter, another head says that this is EU imperialism that is intended to attack Russia.

This is terrorism.

When and where is this?

To me it seems like it's showing an Ukrainian grad launcher parking inside the building, thereby justifying the strike. The video is even tagged as coming from Russian MOD.

It’s The Sun. Like the Daily Mail, only worse.

http://www.anfieldroad.uk/dont-buy-the-sun/

I am not a Liverpool fan, but I very much do support their boycott if this “newspaper”, and I urge everyone to do the same.

Don’t buy it, don’t link to its website, don’t read it on line, and don’t post videos from its YouTube channel.

Please.

KYIV, Ukraine — The death toll has climbed to 20 people in a Russian strike on a crowded shopping mall in the central Ukrainian region of Poltava, a Ukrainian presidential adviser said.

Authorities say up to 1,000 people were inside the mall late afternoon on Monday when two missiles struck the Amstor shopping center in the city of Kremenchuk.

In addition to the fatalities, 59 people were wounded, 25 of them hospitalized, and authorities have received 40 reports from relatives of people still missing, presidential adviser Kyrylo Tymoshenko said on the Telegram social media app.

Video from the scene showed huge clouds of black smoke and flame billowing from mall.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called the Russian state "the largest terrorism organization in the world" in a daily video address posted after the attack.

KYIV, Ukraine — The death toll has climbed to 20 people in a Russian strike on a crowded shopping mall in the central Ukrainian region of Poltava, a Ukrainian presidential adviser said.

Authorities say up to 1,000 people were inside the mall late afternoon on Monday when two missiles struck the Amstor shopping center in the city of Kremenchuk.

In addition to the fatalities, 59 people were wounded, 25 of them hospitalized, and authorities have received 40 reports from relatives of people still missing, presidential adviser Kyrylo Tymoshenko said on the Telegram social media app.

Video from the scene showed huge clouds of black smoke and flame billowing from mall.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called the Russian state "the largest terrorism organization in the world" in a daily video address posted after the attack.
That doesn't look like the same building as the video.

EDIT: All I had to do was open it in Youtube and read the description.

Shocking footage shows Russian ballistic missile destroying shopping mall in Kyiv, Ukraine. The enormous explosion annihilated the Retroville mall in the northwest of the capital Kyiv and was so powerful it pulverised vehicles in its car park.
And it happened in March.

EDIT: All I had to do was open it in Youtube and read the description.

Shocking footage shows Russian ballistic missile destroying shopping mall in Kyiv, Ukraine. The enormous explosion annihilated the Retroville mall in the northwest of the capital Kyiv and was so powerful it pulverised vehicles in its car park.
And it happened in March.
Sorry, thought that was the one from yesterday. My apologies.

Meanwhile in Russia, to replace a recently deceased Russian general, Russia is bringing one "General Pavel" out of retirement. 67 years old and weighing 300 pounds. General Pavel is claimed to eat 5 meals a day, and drink a liter of vodka daily. He has been nicknamed General Did. Dead In Days.

Russia hints that they will trade Britney Griner for Victor Bout, illagal arms dealer known as the "Merchant of death".

Back
Top Bottom